Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UF News: An interview with Mehul Patel, creator of Utopia

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Ghettos traded more.
    That's because they were sloppy and got caught more, thus they traded more. I haven't heard of too many 25 player ghettos where pretty much everyone was moved in/had their accounts belong to the kd.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    That's because they were sloppy and got caught more, thus they traded more. I haven't heard of too many 25 player ghettos where pretty much everyone was moved in/had their accounts belong to the kd.
    Its because they traded more, trust me.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I just said they traded more, then I included why...

Back years ago the random stuff was fine, but that stopped being fun pretty fast really.
    I spent first few years of utopian career randoming! Was fun

And no, ghettos traded more (this was as of 3 years ago anyway) and they still do.
    Well, thats not hardly fair to count it just three years backwards, thats when the fall had already begun and omac took over.

Ghetto players dont care as much about losing a prov/slot
    That might been true before but now when you can just buy a new province nobody really cares :P as much as they used to at least.

Forum Addict
    Fantastic interview, he is The Man. It's great to hear his thoughts.
    And I agree with everything he says - including trading.

Regular
    Good to hear from Mehul after all these years! good to know he is living a good life.

off topic: Ghettos trades more because Super Kingdoms are full of players who are well established and defined in their roles and job in the kingdom, hence no reason for leaving or inviting others!
    This too shall soon pass!

I agree that this is another great interview without feeling the need to piss on the face of an egotistical person being interviewed ah ha ha!

All jokes aside in my opinion the idea of strangers coming together to work things out as a fun team is very nice but often certain monarchs don't know how to run a kingdom so it becomes difficult which an indept guide for being a good king might help. No pay to win is also good. I also agree that an easy way for new players to understand this game is a good way to keep players. It can be done if a person in that kingdom is willing to help (trust me this game isn't as difficult to grasp as other text based games).

Mehul sounds like a great guy, I too wish utopia becomes a great game with many players like he would of wanted. In my opinion I believe that utopia is heading in the right path but it does feel more fun as a mobile game such as on a smart phone which would be nice if everything runs well on it and most of it does (yes I know that takes work before everything is fit for mobile) and since this is a text based game, more story driven ideas can be nice for alot of players like to strike the imagination with small decent graphics nothing big of course or even moving.

Facebook is not a bad idea for this game but of course to appeal to the general crowd there should be a beginner guide where the general crowd can understand (yes I know it's been said before) this kind of guide isn't hard to do the problem is that our wiki isn't really useful until new players have already played the game for abit and has not decided to quit because of the steep learning curve at first. A small guide to help players understand what to generally do every time they log in will help new players greatly.

Sure we have a small base of players but just keep improving like a good kingdom with new features or whatever and utopia can one day return to it's former glory!

Meh.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

I'm in aww.

Enthusiast
    I played a long time ago, stopped playing for most of Utopia's ages, then came back a little while ago. The player base was so much smaller and hearing someone say "yea, they legalized trading a little while back..." made me feel like I entered a post-apocalyptic utopia world lol. Ive changed my mind now tho after playing for a little while. I cant say what is what like back in the day, but nowadays finding some competent people to play with just from randoming is next to impossible. The kingdoms ive found myself in have had maybe one or two people who had even a clue. and I know this is made worse by legalized trading, but still it is incredibly frustrating and im sure the same problem existed back in the day. This is a team game, so naturally people are going to want to form the strongest team, trading just speeds up the process imo(not like ive built a team, but it seems like a pain in the ass!)

I agree kbone, it seems like alot of people don't remember what it's like to be a great team and how great it would be when players come together and create that big team. Of course it's not easy and takes a good while but the reward is truly amazing which is why I cherish utopia and am proud of my kingdom. All you need is a monarch that doesn't have a big ego and know what he is doing as well as players willing to help him understand and improve his leadership.

The problem with team based games is that they don't understand the concept of it but that is easy to overcome if you can let people know how it is done without being a big ego player yourself, people will listen! Utopia has more potential than just being some text based game and it has been proven, we need to stick together as a community and help utopia flourish because honestly it should of died awhile ago but I know there is still hope because we need more games like this!

Yeah sure the randomizing makes it hard to find good people and kingdoms to be in but an indept guide on how to be a good monarch makes it easier if you find yourself in this situation. Problem is that players become monarch out of their good will without any guide to follow but it's not hard I can help with ideas on this guide because I am leading a kingdom. Utopia is a team based game and only a committed community without a stupid big ego can help it flourish because it's the players that only cater to themselves without seeing the big picture that is keeping utopia down!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Ghettos traded more.
    Judging by the kingdoms I played in, ghettos traded less.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    Judging by the kingdoms I played in, ghettos traded less.
    you're wrong. I can see the trading, i look at it every day.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Awwww, so nice to hear from Mehul.

He is still the man

Nice interview.

Random move is good for people who cant afford invites and those people who doesnt care who their kdmates are.

Thread Information