Thread: "Ghost" SoM's - Bug or Intentional?

Question "Ghost" SoM's - Bug or Intentional?

I cant be the only one to notice this, and if it has been asked before I couldnt find it through searching. Now, has anyone else ever gotten a SoM on a person who had just had their army return, but when you got their SoM their attack time reads negative? Like "-0.53 days" or "-1.34 days"... I have noticed it happening several time this age, while I was specifically awaiting an opponents army. The only other time I had ever seen this was during tick-delays where even self spells read negative hours. Now my question is this: are these "ghost" return times intentional or is it some sort of bug? I really would consider it a bug because its not fair at all and where there is an abnormality, there is potential for abuse.. I have had KD mates fail attacks against these ghost armies because the SoM clearly read that the enemies army was "out" on a negative time and they attacked using the numbers the SoM was reading at home. It doesnt even always work itself out after the next tick. It gives them a free hour (potentially more) atleast to get online without any worries of army sitting at home being screwed with. Not to mention Angel doesnt format intel reading negative hours and SoM's don't list total overall off/def, only what is reading at home, so unless you manual add everything up by hand (which isint THAT hard; but, it is unnecessarily time-consuming and my minutes are worth more than money...) you waste Stealth on a SoM that is totally flawed and then have to waste more Stealth on getting the same intel over again trying to catch their armys home!

PS. Whos idea of a joke is it to NOT include the Monarch Bonus when you SoM a Monarch? How can a SoM not calculate that into effect? Your telling me the GAME itself doesnt register the bonus? Invisible defense isint cool.. Its common sense that the bonus is there but I find it hard to wrap my mind around the fact that the game doesnt register that the Monarch has higher defense than is actually listed in gathering intel... Is this because it only applies to a KD in which the said Monarch is hostile with and its not possible to let only KD's which they are hostile to see the bonus? Because it wont show up to most, you make it invisible to all? Seems like a simple coding issue to me.. Couldnt be that hard to rig.

It's a bug. Negative return time means the troops are back
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    It's a bug. Negative return time means the troops are back
    This^

Also the monarch bonus only has an effect between the two kingdoms at war, so if you were to do an OOW hit on the monarch the a bonus would not be applied.
    all the master (can I change this back yet bishop)

Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    Most of the free time I used was to write crap here in the forums.

Enthusiast
    "Also the monarch bonus only has an effect between the two kingdoms at war"

no. if you are hostile with a kingdom, their monarch gets bonus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by twitched View Post
    "Also the monarch bonus only has an effect between the two kingdoms at war"

no. if you are hostile with a kingdom, their monarch gets bonus as well.
    I knew that.. I just think its BS that it doesnt show up on SoM's.. So if the negative attack times are a bug.. Is it going to be fixed anytime ever?

Quote Originally Posted by ashvillian View Post
    I knew that.. I just think its BS that it doesnt show up on SoM's..
    that is why it doesn't show up because it only effects a maximum of 25 provinces out of 7000
    all the master (can I change this back yet bishop)

Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    Most of the free time I used was to write crap here in the forums.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So if the negative attack times are a bug.. Is it going to be fixed anytime ever?
    It will be fixed when the game doesn't miss any more ticks, which is being looked into.

I knew that.. I just think its BS that it doesnt show up on SoM's.. So if the negative attack times are a bug.. Is it going to be fixed anytime ever?
    seriously. how hard is it to calc 10% more def for monarchs in hostile/war? better that max 25 have to do it then over 7K right?
    Icy 4 8

Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    seriously. how hard is it to calc 10% more def for monarchs in hostile/war? better that max 25 have to do it then over 7K right?
    As hard as multiplying a number by 1.1.. Lol.. Its not the degree of mathimatical difficulty that is my issue.. Its the fact that the game itself doesnt recognize the extra defense.. The OME% effects from Honor show up on a SoM.. You dont have to calculate that bonus yourself, so why wouldnt the monarch bonus show up the same way? Seems like a simple case of lazy codework on the programmers part to me.

On a seperate note: thanks for the feedback and answering my main question, everyone. Like I said originally though, where there is a will, theres a way. People WILL find (if not already) a way to abuse the negative attack time bug.

You have to calc it yourself, thats part of its advantage.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information