Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "[the]" Recruiting Attackers~

Exclamation "[the]" Recruiting Attackers~

<Recruitment Status:> Active
    <Remaining invitations:> 4 (free)

We are back with more invites and looking for a few more attackers to fill the final few spots in our KD.

Howdy there folks. I am one of the founders and organisers of "[the] Kingdom". If you are reading this then you are obviously seeking a KD to call your own and I hope you will consider us. Let me start off by telling you a little bit about ourselves.

Origins

Firstly, our we are a relatively new kingdom when compared to some of the longer running kingdoms. I began playing Utopia again during Age 48 (I had/have played years ago) while it was already in progress at the request of a personal friend of mine. He was monarch during this time and he wanted me to join because his kingdom was lacking experienced players. At the EoA I began promoting the game and calling in favors to friends of mine in hopes of creating a tightknit network of players in which to create a new formitable kingdom. During Age 49 we had all sorts of problems with the immigrated provinces that were forced upon our KD and we spent most of the Age taking out inactives and all other manner of garbage/troublesome provinces. Near the end of Age 49 we were actually starting to slightly fill out with experienced players and we decided we would officially name ourselves and create a "tag" to keep with us for ages to come. We decided that our kingdom's tag would be "[the]" and we would forever be "[the] Kingdom".. We chose this name because it can adapt to a variety of themes (we change it up to keep it fresh every age) and would be easily recognizable, not to mention subtly unique. Finally during the BoA 50 we ran with "[the]" as our theme and chose to be "[the] Wonderland" basing our names on the works of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (better known as Lewis Carroll) taking ideas from "Alice in Wonderland" and "the Jabberwock". We turned out to be relatively successful despite having been merged with a KD who had a tyrant for a monarch and who felt it was his unimpeachable right to impose his will on us. Of course, he was dealt with and we ended up with a 4/6 record even with him and his own allies fighting us tooth and nail the whole way. It wasent until Age 51 (this age) started that we finally found ourselves with a decent set of players all wanting to make "[the]" a force to be reckoned with. This is where you come in. We have the framework laid, all we need now is to fill in the rest of our empty spaces and tie off any loose ends. If we can fill the remaining spaces in our KD then we will be well on our way to becoming a recognizable force in the world of Utopia.

Goals

Our goal as a kingdom, as it has been and as it always will be, is to WIN WARS. We have no use for explorers or landwhores. Our main objective is to conquer other KD's while participating in the most entertaining aspect of the game: War! If you believe nothing is more gratifying or worthwhile in this game than the sweet sight of the enemy collapsing into fiery ruins, surrendering at your feet, then you might just be the kind of person we are looking for.

Requirements

Firstly, if you expect us to be flawless or "perfect" then this isint the KD for you. We have made alot of progess towards being a powerhouse but we are in no way invincible or immaculate and for me to say so would be a total exageration. We war, legitly. We win some, we lose some. (Given that we win more than we lose) We havent exsisted since Age 1 so you cannot expect us to perform at the caliber of a KD full of 10-Year veterans. Those people are in the top ranking KD's that have little to no openings for someone without high level connections; however, if you have read this far I am going to assume you dont have an "in" to get into such a KD and there is no shame in that at all.

Our requirements are simple:

~You must be an attacker. We have plenty of badasses playing T/M's so we only have spots available for attackers at this point..
    ~You must be active. You are here looking for a better KD, so it is a safe bet to assume you arent inactive because you're obviously active enough to search the forums. You need to be able to login a couple times daily and attack frequently during war which is something an average player shouldnt have a problem with. We all have jobs, lives and lovers so we dont expect your schedule to revolve around Utopia. We are understanding and only want you to do your part during your game time.
    ~You must be a team-player. If you want to join us in hopes of taking over monarchy or imposing your will on us, then youre totally wasting your time. We are all close friends here and hold the majority vote on every issue. We want more friends and of course you need to be a good sport and willing to listen to orders. We dont want your undying obedience, we simply want you to stick to the script and play nice with others.
    ~You must be intelligent. Im not going to give you an IQ test; however, you need to be atleast reasonably educated in the mechanics of Utopia and possess basic commonsense. Experience isint as important to us as a strong mind. We can teach you the ropes and have no problem doing so. We will help and teach you everything we can and are more than willing to learn from anything you have to offer. If you act idiotic then you will be treated accordingly.

~You must be loyal. A WW KD is not always for the feint of heart. Sometimes the leadership will do something that you dont agree with. These things should be brought up in productive discussion rather than raging and badmouthing our kingdom. If you are going to defect/delete the first time you are chained then dont waste our time. Stuff happens and you have to roll with the punches. Wars can drag on forever, and they sometimes will, when the opponent refuses to give us the RIGHTFUL win. We don't take kindly to other KD's that dishonor agreed upon war terms and we have no problem fighting an Age-long war to give them their just desserts. We will admit and have admitted defeat, when we are defeated; but, we lose together, just as we win together. You are expected to put the well-being of the KD before the well-being of your province.
    ~You must share/communicate with your KD-mates regularly. We do not require any other 3rd-party programs besides 'Utopia Angel'. You be will be expected to post intel in and frequently use 'Utopia Pimp" as well as constantly checking our Forums and the 'Kingdom Chat' feature in-game. Several among us may or may not have various forms of these 3rd-party softwares but it is not required. Were not going to put anyones computer at risk by asking them to download anything they arent comfortable with.

This long ass post aside, I genuinely hope to find players willing to grind it out to make our KD a bonified wrecking crew. We are always joking and everyone has a good sense of humor but when the time comes, we will give our enemies the business without an ounce of restraint. We want to make a name for ourselves and the opportunity to help lead a modest, up-and-coming KD to greatness is up for grabs. The rise to power and the story behind it can be very rewarding when its your name in the history books.

If our kingdom sounds interesting to you and you are considering joining us, please post here or messenge me privately and we will discuss things in more detail, one-on-one. You can alternatively contact me via e-mail through: cloudgatherer@live.com
    Last edited by ashvillian; 30-10-2011 at 18:19. Reason: Aint'a horse can't be rode. Aint'a rider can't be throwed.

Nice thread bro

Sounds like the last KD I was in when I had played a few ages ago. I'm not entirely sure how this recruitment and thing goes. I read up a little on it but still iffy about it.

Anywho I'm kinda interested in your KD :) but first lemme give a quick run down. I'm just returning to this game after about 3-4 years, and fair to say a few things have changed...but everything is still the same as far as I'm concerned. Right now I'm playing Undead Merchant (was meant to be mystic, but wasn't paying attention). I'm fairly active (log in 4-5 times a day easily), use pimp (when possible - check a lot from my phone), and have no problems following orders. I love attacking, hate exploring.

I'm fairly intelligent when it comes to game mechanics and therefore playing hybrids are fun to me ^.^ stratergies (build/war/pump) are fun to come up with, blah blah blah, i'm getting a brain fart haha. But I am a returning player, so I'm not quite as experienced as most other people. But I have no problems listening and taking advice :) as long as it's not stupid :P

Hope you can take me into consideration ^.^ thanks!

Excellent! I would definitely be interested in talking with you further in private, Coldfaith01. I believe when you have posted 5 times you will have access to the 'private messenging' feature of the forums here, but dont quote me on that. We cant/shouldnt really talk specifics on this public board I think. Make one more post (your showing 4 atm) and see if you cant send me a messenge via PM & I will do the same. "Invitations" are young still compared to the life of Uto but in a nutshell: KD's are given 5 invites at the start of Age and every few weeks or so (not sure the exact interval) they are given an additional 'invite'. We still have 4 on hand, so there is no worry there.

Look forward to speaking with you.

@Lestat: Thanks, partner. Unless youre being sarcastic, lol. =P

Why not communicate in email while cannot PM when he doesn't have 5 post?
    I believe there are no hacker would like to spoil your computer using your email.
    Good luck and nice article even I only read 50% of it.

Guess we'll find out here right quick ^.^

Hmm well I guess that didn't work - just look me up in email some time then bud and we'll go from there: upside-right@hotmail.com

Oh and quick question regarding invitations. When..if... I get an invitation, do I start completely over, or am I stuck with the same race/pers combination I already picked. IE - am I going to be an Undead Merchant if I were to join you, or would I be able to swap over to something else?

What do you do when you have 3 mils NW and a 10 mil kd randoms into your kd 2 times?

a. you offer CF
    b. let it go
    c. retal and stop if they re-retal
    d. re-retal the crap out of them and fireball their bank because no one f**ks with you

let me know pls.

also, its not mandatory using 3rd party chat tools, but do you use any?

Post Fiend
    the answer is always c

Tis true! They also say that if you don't know an answer (for multiple choice), your best choice is to always go with c/3. But I like "d" in this case :D BURN EM TO THE GROUND!

@Coldfaith01: Seems I would have been better to just deal with emails in the first place then. Have edited my original post to include my email address and I will be emailing you as soon as I get done posting this. For future reference I can be contacted at cloudgatherer@live.com.
    As for your question about being invited: Your province will be reset as if it was killed and respawned in our KD. You will begin with initial acreage and be in the normal duration of protection mode. Unfortunately you will not be able to change your Race/Personality combo at that time, but there is other alternatives. Check your email and lets make this happen. =}

Quote Originally Posted by Looking4Kd View Post
    What do you do when you have 3 mils NW and a 10 mil kd randoms into your kd 2 times?

a. you offer CF
    b. let it go
    c. retal and stop if they re-retal
    d. re-retal the crap out of them and fireball their bank because no one f**ks with you

let me know pls.

also, its not mandatory using 3rd party chat tools, but do you use any?
    I'd reckon we would retal (the people who got hit having first priority) for less than/equal to 2.0 hostility 'marks' as not to give them UF and receive dark-ops on top of being bottomfed. If/when they hit into us once more we would probably punish them as much as possible through our own dark-ops the same as we would do any shamelessly bottom-feeding KD who gives us UF. We dont take flack laying down but we aren't going to get ourselves destroyed to prove that were tough guys, either. Were a democratic KD so its all about finding a middle-ground. I would have to say E.} None of the above. As for using 3rd party tools, some of us use things like IRC while others do not. We are; however, all required to check the 'Kingdom Chat' feature regularly.

Ok, fack the kingdom chat but I'll refresh it once in a while although you don't know who's online or not. How do I get in touch with you? I'll tell you more about me in some chat

<contents of this post have been deleted due to the passage of time and the changing of circumstances>
    Last edited by ashvillian; 06-09-2011 at 06:40. Reason: My apartment is infested with Koala bears. I turn on the lights... And the Koala bears scatter. But I dont want them to.
    "A pair of sixes beats a pair of aces everytime."

Haha no I think it's a very good recruitment thread.

Thread Information