Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UF News: Interview with Realest

UF News: Interview with Realest

What is your earliest memory of the game and your impression then?
    My earliest memory of the game is randoming into a KD called Crazy Animals HaJ. The regent was Kongfu Kangaroo, the number 1 province at the time, played by Mordor. I remember telling myself, I finally made it. I just got into the big leagues. Little did I know, it was just a start of a nightmare. We were habitually farmed by the great kingdom of Pansies, and that is where I learned the rules of the food chain. Eat or be eaten, and I played in one of the biggest farms on the server to the legendary Sid.

What or who has been your biggest influence on your Utopia career?
    My single biggest influence in the prime of my career is called Failure. I've bounced more than 1,000 times in my career. I've lost almost all but 3 ages. 14 out of 20 times, I've been trusted to finish above 4,000 acres, and came up short. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

What is your favorite color?
    Red with a black colourway. It's the colour of champions, ask Jordan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SF-pja9ufc

What do you enjoy about the game that keeps you here age after age?
    I need to hear the things they say I can't do anymore. Like "you can't finish 4k", he "can't war his way out of a sock in ghettoland" and all that stuff. I am motivated by the "He's done, washed up and getting old." So I come back and clean house.

I'm here to bring a refreshing breath into this wasteland. The rest of the competition might as well just kiss the baby, cuz this **** is over. I need to educate the ignorant noobs in this game, in hopes that one day, they can become greater individuals and contribute to our society.

What would be your advice to Top 50 KDs who don't belong to any of the five alliances?
    My advice for top 50 kingdoms without alliances is to network and meet people. The point of this game is interactions and it's a huge dynamic as to why this game succeeds the way it does. To start, they can browse the forums more, and look out for my posts.

How do you maintain your integrity in the sea of lackluster kingdoms that feel the need to play dirty to win?
    I take utopia one day at a time and live by a simple mantra. To those who aren't as good as me, I have this to say: Rise early, work hard... and who knows, one day, you might get as good as me.

Do you have any hobbies outside of Utopia?
    Winning. I win here, I win there. Now what? When I get bored of winning, I like to read random epics in my good friend Syntico's trolley. I can often be found working hard, waiting to catch my next break, aspiring to live the fine life.

Of your offspring, who are you most proud of?
    As my title would suggest, I'm the incredibility ****ing dirty Realest, of CraZy and theHERETICS fame, King of Sonata and of the Trollfags, Slayer of Sicarius and the Symbol of Immense Integrety, I'm the forefather of the Great Sonata Trollfag. The son whom I'm most proud of from all these trollfag nublings would be octobrev; he is like my only son who ever made it to the big leagues.

I discovered him in some nub ghetto called bloodlust and I assure you, he was quite some find. The kid thought eyeliner and black nail polish was in style and I quickly began to rectify that. I gave him an injection of swag which boosted his confidence to extreme heights, where he would begin to hone the dark arts under the Heretic banner. He would refine these skills under my supreme rule in Sonata, and perfected it to a complete art form in Dreams. He is now head of DICK (Dreams' Incredible Cow Killer)

Whom do you feel you've been an influence on and how?
    I feel I have defined an era on the present day landscape of utopia. The max gain all war strategy is slowly becoming prevalent in these parts because people are finally realizing the greatness of this flexible approach to war. There is no contemporary in my field and simply no one who does what I do, so I'm sure I've reach a state of idolism to a large part of the populace.

I also want to take this chance to give a shout-out to my Sonata trollfags. I've built a brand that transcends all generations, so I feel largely responsible for their existence. Without a doubt, I believe they bring great pleasure to all Utopians. However, I gotta admit my time is near, as I watch my prodigies become greater than I could ever dream of. Syntico took my craft and perfected it to a level beyond all imagination. Octobrev took my swagger and developed his own art form. It's refreshing to see them all grow up one by one, and snatching the torch from my hands. It seems they just came up to me and said "GIVE IT HERE, REALEST"

How do you take your coffee?
    I like my coffee like how I win crowns. Double double.

Superheroes always endure trials as they try to manage the duality in their lifestyles. What challenges have you faced securing your statuses as a doctor, a lover, and the absolute Utopian authority?
    I just want to say I'm humbled by what the great lord has bestowed upon me. Its great waking up knowing I'm me without having to work too hard at it. I feel good every day, and I have what some would call the most horrible work ethic in the world. There are a lot of haters out there calling me incredibly ****ing dirty and the like, while at the some time, their peers praise my immense integrety. You have to take the good with the bad.

Just be persistent, and one day you might catch your lucky break.

Why be in a ghetto KD if you can rise to the top?
    It's like, why do people eat McDonald's when there is a top grade filet mignon down the street? Sometimes, the more delicious meal is found in that run down shop in a dark alley. You don't always have to go for brand name. A shirt from a top designer will keep you warm just like a donation item from the Salvation Army. It's how you put it on. Personally, I make anything look good. I exude excellence regardless of circumstance.

Is SK heavy?
    I don't know about his weight, but you wanna know what is long and hard on SK? The 3rd grade.

What is your single greatest accomplishment in this game?
    It's hard to pick one single moment, because there were so many, it's like trying to choose between which son you like the most... but if I had to I think this is it. I've just reviewed my utopia folder on my C:/ drive, and there appears to be evidence that there are a few ages I was able to finish the age above 4k acres. This is personally a great achievement for me.

Do you have any creative changes that could be made to the game we've never heard before?
    The game is pot marked with inherent deficiencies that nothing short of a huge overhaul will totally fix. There's nothing I can suggest that hasn't been mentioned before. However, I believe every great piece of art, comes from a greater inspiration before it. Having personalities like myself is what makes this game great, and hopefully I will inspire future generations of utopia players to carry on my craft.

Are there any old friends that are dead to you?
    If I don't talk to you anymore, I could probably care less about your existence. We'll leave it at that.

If you had a chance to build a Utopia Dream Team KD, who would you include in it?
    There are many definitions as to what a dream team is and there is too much to debate here in picking a roster. At the end of the day, I just want to point out that even though there is no 'I' in team, there is a 'ME'. The talent of my kingdoms doesn't matter if I'm just beating on bad kingdoms in a watered down era. So the key is, I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them - and it's pretty clear what our strength would be if I were in a kingdom.

Is there anything else you'd like to say?
    Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my ability, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved for the exact same reasons.

Wax on, wax off.

3 Rings, 7256 followers.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Regular
    snore.

Again.

Veteran
    I liked it

Veteran
    stopped reading halfway. I rather see more war articles instead of interviews with people with overinflated ego's. It's just not interesting :/
    Last edited by Humanoize; 01-09-2011 at 07:47.

Great interview, good job GLW, and its always interesting to see an interview of a Doctor / Utopian. Respect

Boring interview.
    Boring person.

Heretics under Realest was a ****ing ghetto.
    Utopia Politics and General Talk.
    Sinners is recruiting active, racist and/or sexy members! #sinners

Post Fiend
    I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
    Love the Jordan quote

I have a new respect for realest

Realest, people's choice, auto-win! Love it!
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Crowned with Seasons in age 37 (honor), 39 (nw/land) and 41 (nw/land)
    Crowned with Dreams in age 50 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with AMA in age 59 (KD nw)
    Crowned with Expendables in age 65 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with Cellos Republic in age 66 (KD nw/land)
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

Did we really need another self-centered person to interview here? I fail to see the fun in it. Interview someone with something to say instead.

How do you maintain your integrity in the sea of lackluster kingdoms that feel the need to play dirty to win?
    I take utopia one day at a time and live by a simple mantra. To those who aren't as good as me, I have this to say: Rise early, work hard... and who knows, one day, you might get as good as me.
    Maintain integrity? Are you f'ing kidding me? GLW can you at least get a background on someone before you interview them please? FFS.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    Cute interview.
    A$$ of a person.

Heretics was a ****ing ghetto.
    Fixed it for you.
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

If the news team isn't gonna take this seriously why even bother? This was garbage, with ridiculous questions and worthless answers.
    S E C R E T S

I'm sure they do take it very seriously - perhaps you can expand on your points here, politely.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information