Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: UF News: Interview with Realest

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I was more than welcome to offer suggestions for questions for an interview of Realest, in a thread started by Realest and not by the New Teams..... riiiiight. Thank you for proving my point. You should have pretty much ignored the suggestions of anyone with the born leet avatar by the way.
    A ton of those questions were asked by people without a "born leet" avatar, by the way. But that still doesn't negate the fact that you could've sent me a message (or someone else if you'd rather not deal with me directly).

Quote Originally Posted by golfer44vip View Post
    Understandable (no offense btw) It's just that I was already disappointed with the responses he gave, I guess I shouldn't expect anything too serious
    I'll do what I can next time to make it a better interview, yeah? Such as different kinds of players, for example.
    Last edited by goodlilwitch; 01-09-2011 at 17:20.

Forum Addict
    DHaran is an absolute monster and is always welcome in my ghetto. The only thing less funny than these "let's let people brag and make ridiculous statements" interviews is when the interviewers try to stand behind questions like "Superheroes always endure trials as they try to manage the duality in their lifestyles. What challenges have you faced securing your statuses as a doctor, a lover, and the absolute Utopian authority?". If you aren't going to acknowledge the inherent stupidity and recognize the satire in your questions when challenged on it, that's one thing, but committing to it as a serious question and interview is just ridiculous.

This interview was a complete waste of my time. If it was a joke, it wasn't funny. If it was serious, it wasn't interesting. Please let me know which way I am supposed to have not enjoyed this interview, so I can properly understand how I didn't like it.

My experience talking with Realest was largely when he and the other Trollfags convinced my ghetto to send a Sapphire dragon after they were brought on as "expert war consultants". We did not win that war.
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

Quote Originally Posted by goodlilwitch View Post
    A ton of those questions were asked by people without a "born leet" avatar, by the way. But that still doesn't negate the fact that you could've sent me a message (or someone else if you'd rather not deal with me directly).
    If you want responses for ideas for an interview and questions, YOU should ask for them. I had no idea that thread had anything to do with the news team and I never even opened it, so I had no idea there was a Realest interview planned. I would have suggested you ask about his involvement in proxy spying on Rage last age, preferably right after you asked him about his integrity.

Also, TheRock ftw.
    S E C R E T S

I haven't committed to anything as a serious question, just the silly questions (such as the color question).

@ D'Haran - next time I have an interview with someone I will create a thread or something so people know it's the real thing and can suggest their own questions. Would that work for you?

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    Also curious what this said, lol.
    S E C R E T S

Alright then. Keep giving me suggestions on interviewees and/or questions and I will do my best to* return to you a finished product you'll enjoy reading.

Me too! Lol
    Last edited by goodlilwitch; 01-09-2011 at 17:45.

Well done Ghost. I found this interview to be far more interesting then your last. Realest was someone who should have been interviewed, if for any reason to show how truly pompous he is. The man doesn't even know the definition of integrity, much less know how to spell it. Integrity doesn't involve multiple SKs gangbanging an average KD for days, and then coming on their public channel and spewing nothing but obsenities towards the people playing there and idling there.

One suggestion I would like to make to interviewers here is that they do a little background research on the people they interview before they actually do the interviewing. This way they can ask the hard questions and not simply cater to some fools overly inflated sense of self worth. I've only read 3 interviews so far, and all I have seen is people either gloating or acting like little boys.

To those who are putting Ghost down, if you think it's so easy to do an interview, step up and interview someone. Dharan, I think you are an ok guy, but honestly, don't put it on the interviewer for Realest being boring. If you don't like Realest, just say it. Don't kill the messenger.

The only thing that I saw that really was of any value is that he was the one who helped octobrev become a much better player. Octobrev is definitely another one of those players whose value to the game is something of a controversy. I don't think anyone can even count the number of times someone told me that octobrev is scum, or the number of times he has been kickbanned from #strategy for just being himself.

fun to see interviews

more indeep questions would great a more fun read that let readers know the person bein interviewed more, yea i know i can submit questions but i am not good at such.
    When using submitted questions rewording is allowed

mabye take in questions in pm not in a thread it will create trollparty.
    #officialjerks a kingdom full of the players we all love to hate.

The Dragon Portal a community site giving online tools and formaters, IRC War bot, IRC poster script, Firefox extension for Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by celien View Post
    yea i know i can submit questions but i am not good at such.
    When using submitted questions rewording is allowed
    Lol you said it yourself I can easily reword your questions :P

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    That may seem like common knowledge to you but I would assume the interviewer was unaware of it. The issue is that you can't expect an interviewer to know every facet of every player in the game. You could ask for everyone to provide questions about subjects (not easy so sift through the crap) or you could ask general questions and encourage a q+a after, perhaps.
    Sometimes people do research on a subject before they interview them.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yep, and those people get paid lol

Post Fiend
    Not really.

I used to do utopia interviews a very long time ago and if I didn't know who someone was I would ask someone about them first. No one paid me.

lol

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    glw knows who Realest is though...

I have something I'd like to add, I joined the game a few ages ago after a long long time. Back when I played Faires could cast self spells on other players and undead were overpowered, somehow I lost interest because I couldn't play with my friends. I came back because a friend told me about this new feature and it has been great!!!, I love this kind of games and Utopia in particular is one of my favorites.

The thing is I read all these interviews about people that I haven't heard of (most of them). A great deal of them just don't say anything of value, those trying to be funny by being full of themselves talking over and over on how great they are dont acomplish anything, they are a waste of time and actually take my interest on reading the upcoming interviews (Maybe they are not trying to be funny, maybe they actually beleive it, but still, it's a waste of time).

A good way to get new players or maybe guys that don't know is actually get a serious backround on this people so we can know why it is interesting to read the interview about them anyway. Don't take crappy answers from these guys, if they want to be full of themselves just dont publish it, because eventually the only ones reading this are going to be the guys that are always here and I'm sure you make the effort of making interviews and the articles to motivate players into being more involved in the game and the forums.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    glw knows who Realest is though...
    So what you are saying is that there is no excuse for the poor quality of the interview then?

Glad we cleared that up.

Thread Information