Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UF News: Interview with Realest

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I was more than welcome to offer suggestions for questions for an interview of Realest, in a thread started by Realest and not by the New Teams..... riiiiight. Thank you for proving my point. You should have pretty much ignored the suggestions of anyone with the born leet avatar by the way.
    did you wake up with a pickle up your cornhole?

being a reporter for the daily planet i should have done the interview of the number 1 Utopian villain

Post Fiend
    I was about to say - if Realest is one of the most successful monarchs of Utopia (a fact I did not know), I'd really like to see this interview redone

I agree with golferviper or whatever his name is

No seriously, that's something you should start with, so we know where the jerk in the interview lives...

OK, to be serious for real () : start the interview by telling us who the person is, everyone might not know, even if you have played the game for a long time, you might not have cared for that long who was at the top. So enlighten us =) and maybe we'll enjoy or understand more of the article.

Sir Postalot
    It's possible to be an egomaniac and amusing at the same time. This, unfortunately failed as did my record streak of disagreeing with DHaran.

Post Fiend
    You guys are being a lil to critical imo. I believe the interview was good and tells alot more then you give credit for.
    Everyone can point out the bad stuff, which yes some play to an egotistical arrogant part of him. But an ego is how many people become good, how they sytrive to be the best. If you think your second rate your gonna be second rate.

The Failure answer is classic, transformed from a Michael Jordan quote, which shows hard work and determination in the face of opposition triumph.
    He simply learned the game from trying over and over again. Most know the story of Jordan gettin cut in highschool and really not shining till he reached the Bulls. Anyone wonder why the color came up next red with black, the chicago bulls colors who Michael Jordan played for. The youtube clip should a been that nasty shot against craig ehlo and the cavs though

Also the networking answer, thats the real world applied to a game, its not what ya know but who you know. No matter what you can learn from someone, wether they fail and you learn to not do that or they succeed and then you mimic.

I also believe the offspring question was good, gave some background and kind of placed things in order.

Yeah not all the questions were great or answers for that matter, but i still believe it was informational to a certain extent, and puts a new light on things.

I was Realest once

Regular
    If your response to criticism as interviewer is "you should have submitted questions", then I'm sorry but what business do you have being an interviewer? You're the one who took the job, so do it properly. If you honestly can't think of proper questions to ask, and apparently either don't have the time, or the skill, then why bother? It's got nothing to do with knowledge of past experiences as Utopian, as an interviewer you're supposed to do research. Have you considered that perhaps the fact that no one, or very few people at any rate, submitted any questions for an interview with Realest, suggests that really, very few people care about an interview with him?

An interview should NEVER, not even in the slightest, be about putting the subject on a pedestal. And at the end of the day that's pretty much what this interview is, as were some of the previous ones with... similar people. You can't act surprised when people call this a ****ty piece of work if you continuously show a lack of willingness to dig a little deeper and come up with questions that utopians might actually be interested in.

And to anyone thinking I should stfu because at least GLW is trying: I'm sorry but if it's between this or nothing, I'd rather have nothing. I call this a waste of forum space.

I have several more responses than just that one that I am keeping to myself. Don't want to add to the mods' work.

No where in my responses have I "acted surprised". I have no doubt that no matter what I do, there will always be someone who's doesn't like it. And so, I take it in and work on improving what I post to make it "worthy of the forum space".

Don't you think, having apparently missed it entirely, you should try reading a bit more before telling me I "continuously show a lack of willingness to dig a little deeper"?

Post Fiend
    If Godly 1v1'd Realest who would win
    Viva la Revolucion

Honestly who cares about either Godly or Realest. They didn't have enough class to offer us anything but egotistical tirades.

Che - The reason you were put in the same catagory with the egos was because of your 3rd person responses to everything. To myself and others it appeared as you were trying to put yourself on a pedestal, without offering anything of any value to the interview. Your responses in response to your interview offered far more information of value then the entire interview. It's like your whole interview was focused at trolling the trolls. Like all you cared about was the attention the interview generated... In simple terms, your interview was just as pompous as the one with Realest, except that Realest was just being himself, while you tried to be something you are not.

I appreciate all the love, and I assure you I will continue to do what I do to keep all of you proud

Enthusiast
    *cough*
    #strategy

Proud member of the 'I joined these forums before DylanC' club

tl;dr

Post Fiend
    not gonna bother reading interviews till its someone without a major ego..its same **** different pile each time..sorry maddy..but gotta expand your horizons in who you pick cuz these are starting to get yawnzeor and old
    Who shot who in the what now?

Thread Information