Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: higher taxes on the rich

Enthusiast
    business owners are usually always looking to expand and creating more jobs.

that monies to the finacial institutions was supposed to be used to help people get out of a forcloser issue. But some dishonest bankers used that money to give each other raises. It' wasn't any loophole, several were just dishonest and got caught and go there hands slapped for it.

and you can quit with the name calling. If your getting stressed over this simple issue, then don't read this thread anymore. Maby take a time out. You don't have all the answers adn all the answered are not relayed on the news.

Your inability to look at facts is astounding. They didn't create jobs, it isn't a case of a few bad apples or anything like that, look at the statistics, we LOST jobs, LOTS of them. It's not just a few bad apples taking massive bonuses either, look at the statistics, its inudstry wide numbers! Government let many of the institutions out of tarp early so they could give themselves these bonuses ffs. You don't know what you're talking about.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    Your inability to look at facts is astounding. They didn't create jobs, it isn't a case of a few bad apples or anything like that, look at the statistics, we LOST jobs, LOTS of them. It's not just a few bad apples taking massive bonuses either, look at the statistics, its inudstry wide numbers! Government let many of the institutions out of tarp early so they could give themselves these bonuses ffs. You don't know what you're talking about.

you really need to know the person your talkinng to before you say they don''t know what they are talking about. I was running for the legislature when they did that and got the iinside tract on all that from several senators.

Your not the one that went out of your way to crunch some numbers. So the way the 40% was achieved would of been by picking just a few areas of taxation rather than viewing the hole spectrum. Raising taxes on the rich , isn't going to lower the taxes on the middle class or the poor and odds, those will be raised as well. your a close minde, one thought person. Instead of using someone elses numbers, come up with ways to lesson the the need to raise taxes. The easy fix is to raise taxes.

I've worked in politics for a long time, a lot of retards run for office, so please, don't try to argue for authority. I'm merely stating facts and you haven't managed to refute even one. I find it amusing that you want to disregard facts as being "someone elses numbers". No, they are *the* numbers, that is the reality of the situation.

Furthermore you appeal to authority is ridiculous as you conduct yourself so poorly.

And you argument of trying to find other ways to solve the problem is laughable as:

Quote Originally Posted by scott250
    Every president since Reagon, probably even before then is raising taxes on the rich, or focusing on raising taxes on the middle class. Nobody focuses on the poor. there are more poor than anything. Tax the crap out of the poor and that will get the defficiate paid off in know time.
    In your opening post!

And added to your hypocrisy you are also horribly factually incorrect because by all metrics the rich have enjoyed massive tax cuts for over 10 years under bush and obama, this is in terms of % of the total revenue paid by the top earners and in terms of a % of their own earnings.

Also, the trend for about 50 years has been cutting the tax rate on the rich, please look at the *facts*. They are important.

keep it clean please
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    I've worked in politics for a long time, a lot of retards run for office, so please, don't try to argue for authority. I'm merely stating facts and you haven't managed to refute even one. I find it amusing that you want to disregard facts as being "someone elses numbers". No, they are *the* numbers, that is the reality of the situation.

Furthermore you appeal to authority is ridiculous as you conduct yourself so poorly.

And you argument of trying to find other ways to solve the problem is laughable as:

In your opening post!

And added to your hypocrisy you are also horribly factually incorrect because by all metrics the rich have enjoyed massive tax cuts for over 10 years under bush and obama, this is in terms of % of the total revenue paid by the top earners and in terms of a % of their own earnings.

Also, the trend for about 50 years has been cutting the tax rate on the rich, please look at the *facts*. They are important.

your the one thats beenn going on a rant and calling me names.

the tax system should be a standard acccross the board. You make it sound like the government is giving monney to rich people to keep them rich.. And then youu want to over tax them for having money to try and make them poor

You make it sound like the government is giving monney to rich people to keep them rich
    Thats because that is exactly what is happening, the government just bailed out banks and financial institutions out of taxpayer money meaning that capital gains investments that are taxed at a super low rate are entirely risk free. This is utterly a free money system for those with the capital to benefit from it, but every tax payer is paying for it.

And then youu want to over tax them for having money to try and make them poor
    not near, they either need to pay to maintain the system they are benfittting so much from or we need to stop the free money machine that is tax payer guaranteed capital gains investment institutions. Obama proposed a 39.6% top bracket marginal tax rate on taxable income, excluding capital gains income and leaving tons of loopholes open, the current top marginal tax rate is 35%. Under reagan, the regime who invented the 'trickle down' model it was 50%, under nixon it was 70%, under eisenhower it was 91%. Amusing that you think 39.6% is over taxation. Silly.

The last time we had super low top marginal tax bracket rates was in the early 20s, leading up to the first wall street crash. Go figure.

You have been absolutely wrong on every fact you have posited and have yet to refute a single fact I have supplied you with.

Enthusiast
    Thats because that is exactly what is happening, the government just bailed out banks and financial institutions out of taxpayer money meaning that capital gains investments that are taxed at a super low rate are entirely risk free. This is utterly a free money system for those with the capital to benefit from it, but every tax payer is paying for it.

not near, they either need to pay to maintain the system they are benfittting so much from or we need to stop the free money machine that is tax payer guaranteed capital gains investment institutions. Obama proposed a 39.6% top bracket marginal tax rate on taxable income, excluding capital gains income and leaving tons of loopholes open, the current top marginal tax rate is 35%. Under reagan, the regime who invented the 'trickle down' model it was 50%, under nixon it was 70%, under eisenhower it was 91%. Amusing that you think 39.6% is over taxation. Silly.

The last time we had super low top marginal tax bracket rates was in the early 20s, leading up to the first wall street crash. Go figure.

You have been absolutely wrong on every fact you have posited and have yet to refute a single fact I have supplied you with.

a standard businness tax is 30%

Actually, Federal corporate tax rates vary between 15 and 35%. These rates are also historically low and corporations are paying the lowest % of total federal revenue ever. Added to this they avoid getting taxed by taking their money out of the country and holding it on offshore bank accounts and then use lobbyists to convince the governmetn to give what are known as 'tax holidays' so that they can bring the money back into the country either tax free or at a super low rate of 5%. Ostensibly this is to 'create jobs' but if you look at the last 3 tax holidays given, there was no increase in the jobs market.

And furthermore, whats your point, have you really degenerated to just throwing numbers out?

Enthusiast
    Actually, Federal corporate tax rates vary between 15 and 35%. These rates are also historically low and corporations are paying the lowest % of total federal revenue ever. Added to this they avoid getting taxed by taking their money out of the country and holding it on offshore bank accounts and then use lobbyists to convince the governmetn to give what are known as 'tax holidays' so that they can bring the money back into the country either tax free or at a super low rate of 5%. Ostensibly this is to 'create jobs' but if you look at the last 3 tax holidays given, there was no increase in the jobs market.

And furthermore, whats your point, have you really degenerated to just throwing numbers out?
    your the one that started throughing numbers out. and you havn't really clarified how you got the % that you did. but you changed the intests from 39 to 15 to 35%. It was a ficatious number that'll change to benifit who ever needs it at the rite rate to get what they want. Now is this new thing you just brought up from the wallstreet issue adn why people have been picketing there?

Saying that everyone thats rich, putts there money over seas to get out of paying taxes, just isn't true. If there transfering back and foth, that just basic money marketing. You don't make payment in taxes on moneies that are just sitting unless your drawing interest and then you got a tax on that interests. So where ever the money sitts shouldn't matter.
    Last edited by Scott250; 08-10-2011 at 20:27.

You clearly have NO idea how the financial and taxation systems work.

39.6% is top marginal INCOME tax rate that obama is proposing that you are whining about, you then out of nowhere started taking about tax on business and said that it is 30%, in fact that is called corporation tax, and it is in between 15% and 35% and is set up with a progressive marginal rate system.

I made it perfectly clear where i got all my information from, the Congressional Budget Office and I provided the link to their website, all that taxation and revenue information is public domain info, all you need to do is go look at it. The numbers I throw out are true, accurate and relevent to the discussion, you can go look them up in the reference link I gave you. You seem to think you can just make up a number, say it, and it does something for your argument.

Saying that everyone thats rich, putts there money over seas to get out of paying taxes, just isn't true. If there transfering back and foth, that just basic money marketing. You don't make payment in taxes on moneies that are just sitting unless your drawing interest and then you got a tax on that interests. So where ever the money sitts shouldn't matter.
    No, you haven't understood, firstly there is a difference between rich individuals and corporations. American corporations are supposed to pay american tax, but the way the system is set up they only have to pay taxes on the profits they want to bring back into the country for distribution amongst their american shareholders and whatnot, however what they do is, they have their lobbyists convince congress that they should have a "tax holiday" which means they pay little to no tax on any profits from "foreign subsiduaries" they declare, inevitably they use accounting tricks to write huge amounts of their domestic business into this tax holiday, and thats how you end up with massively profitable companies paying less than 10% of their posted profits in taxes even though the tax rate they should be paying is 35%.

Meanwhile they the domestic economy loses jobs, because guess what? trickle down economics does. not. work.

In summation: learn to spell, learn to read, learn to research, learn the facts. You have been demonstrably wrong over and over and displayed utter ignorance to how the system works.

Enthusiast
    you have to be incorperated to pay a corperation tax, but for running a business wether your incorperated or not is roughly 30%. I know this, not through visiting all the sites you list, I know this, because this is what I pay out on my businesses

On the emports for this holiday special. whats the big deal. you make a push and get a boost in products during that timeframe. In order to get your greatest profits you have to , for the most part order outside the states, because depending on what your manufacturing, the manufacturing cost is way to high for in the states do to cost of living and trying to keep payouts within those range. But, your still creating jobs if your building in the US or over seas. You have to have someone doing the books, marketing, retailing, warehouse items, and instilations. To get more labor jobs or manufacturing jobs and to be reasonable and affordable, the cost of lliving needs to go down. You don't do that by raising taxes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF1JKbx1l70
    that guy, pretty much says it like it is.

basically in your "triple down economics", people that don't know business. You got to put to gethher products at a affordable price. Now, letts say, you get rid of being able to ship in products to sale, or get rid of tht holiday thing. Several things you'll see. The product price will be higher because manufacturing will be at a higher cost. shiipping cost and taxes are higher, so the product has to increase as well. But if you couldn''t ship the product and resort to doing everything in the states, the product maybe to costly to make. So what you do, is you juist lost maybe 100 manufacture jobs out of states and 500 to 1000 instates that do the marketing, warehouse, retailing, and iinsilations
    Last edited by Scott250; 12-10-2011 at 16:09.

Just to add my 2 cents in!

Who every got a job from a poor man? When did government ever make money? Other than legalize stealing in from people that a society agrees to, Taxes. What happens when your welfare programs cost more than the rich make? Big government works only until you run out of rich people.

WOW, I should start my own bumper sticker company so I can be taxed to death to feed some crack head on welfare! That's the rub 'why should I work harder so you can take more of my money?' Why the left says government only works at the point of a gun! Whats that song 'where there's a whip there is a way.'

Can't tax your way out of this but you sure bury a country that way. So tell me how much longer will the EU last? They are like a-head of us on this aren't they?

No wonder no one trust Politicians even the good ones you talk like attorneys! which a lot are! LOL Too much talk radio and Tea Parties for me, Tea anyone?

Stop making up nonsense; look at the facts. The rich pay the smallest % of total revene that they have since just before the first wall street crash, same for corporations.

You realise that for the economy to be successful there have to be consumers with money to spend right? Thats why the economy crashes when the working class and middle class gets ****ed, and you can make up any nonsense you like about not getting jobs from them.

We've had ten years of bush tax cuts on the rich, how many jobs have they created?

Enthusiast
    Stop making up nonsense; look at the facts. The rich pay the smallest % of total revene that they have since just before the first wall street crash, same for corporations.

You realise that for the economy to be successful there have to be consumers with money to spend right? Thats why the economy crashes when the working class and middle class gets ****ed, and you can make up any nonsense you like about not getting jobs from them.

We've had ten years of bush tax cuts on the rich, how many jobs have they created?

how does raising taxes help the middle and working class. It don't. raise taxes, then you have to raise minimum wages, you do that then products have to increase, you increase the product price, then shipping has to go up. some companies will hang in there and do that, some will close up and thats when you lose jobs.

Thread Information