Thread: elderly

Enthusiast

elderly

Place the elderly in prisons. They will get a shower a day video surveillance in case of problems, three meals a day, access to a library, computer, TV, gym ... Put criminals in nursing homes. They have cold meals lights off at 20h, one bath a week, live in a smaller room and pay 4,000 a month !!!!! It's Pretty damn sad that we treat prisoners better than the elderly!!!!

Enthusiast
    seriously, something is wrong if you work all your life, retire , unfortunatly have to end up in a home and your retirement can't pay for a stay in a retirement home. 4k a month would be the cheapest you could find.

something like that, which has been a big issue for quite some time, could draw more interest in group homes for elderly. 2 two 4 in a home with a couple hire on cpa's to monitor them.
    Last edited by Scott250; 26-09-2011 at 06:04.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott250 View Post
    Place the elderly in prisons. They will get a shower a day video surveillance in case of problems, three meals a day, access to a library, computer, TV, gym ... Put criminals in nursing homes. They have cold meals lights off at 20h, one bath a week, live in a smaller room and pay 4,000 a month !!!!! It's Pretty damn sad that we treat prisoners better than the elderly!!!!
    Nursing homes here are not that bad on average (there are some horror stories, but they are the exception, not the norm). They do cost money, but are affordable with the monthly money the government sends the elderly. Meds are a bigger issue.

I'm more annoyed about abused children being put in centers that are worse than a prison while awaiting foster care, not to mention them being constantly moved from foster care to their biological parents the second the biological parents seem to be a bit better.

This creates a situation where the child is shuffled around between foster care families (as the parental fitness of the biological parents wax and wane) and doesn't develop the ability to form long term attachment.

Like some experts mentioned, parental rights are upheld for way too long in our foster care system.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott250 View Post
    seriously, something is wrong if you work all your life, retire , unfortunatly have to end up in a home and your retirement can't pay for a stay in a retirement home. 4k a month would be the cheapest you could find.

something like that, which has been a big issue for quite some time, could draw more interest in group homes for elderly. 2 two 4 in a home with a couple hire on cpa's to monitor them.
    Actually grup homes has been proposed as a seriously profitable business idea

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magn View Post
    Nursing homes here are not that bad on average (there are some horror stories, but they are the exception, not the norm). They do cost money, but are affordable with the monthly money the government sends the elderly. Meds are a bigger issue.

I'm more annoyed about abused children being put in centers that are worse than a prison while awaiting foster care, not to mention them being constantly moved from foster care to their biological parents the second the biological parents seem to be a bit better.

This creates a situation where the child is shuffled around between foster care families (as the parental fitness of the biological parents wax and wane) and doesn't develop the ability to form long term attachment.

Like some experts mentioned, parental rights are upheld for way too long in our foster care system.

I worked in a youth center for 4 or 5 years and our governor did a lot of cut backs on youth programs. So troubled youths, what there doing is sending troubled kids back home to get the parents to take care of there kids. It's a fair idea, but if the main problem with the kid, is the parents, then thats a pretty bad idea. Most of the kids we took care of, there parents were the ones setting the bad examples.

I bet the old folks are dying for some of that prison lovin'

better mix the populations, 1 prisoner for every old lady.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I love the new trend that thinks prisons are awesome.

Prison is awful.

Nursig homes are awful too! full of old bastards.

although theres one near me that has a pretty nice bar and the auld lads just get f*cked up every day.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    Nursig homes are awful too! full of old bastards.

although theres one near me that has a pretty nice bar and the auld lads just get f*cked up every day.
    My ma worked in a nursing home for a couple of years, keeping the old foggies entertained and fit.

She definitely cared more than the average staff (she's still giving some of the old folks semi-regular walks to keep them fit even though she isn't working there anymore) and it might have made a big difference in home she was working in, but at least in that home, I observed that they were fairly well off.

It wasn't luxury, but their fundamental needs were met. They had 3 meals a day made by a professional cook and a clean room that could accommodate their belongings. They could walk around and socialize and they had activities planned to keep them stimulated. They were also properly monitored (a lot of them has various forms of dementia).
    Last edited by Magn; 28-09-2011 at 17:28.

but did they have moonshine and a cellmate that would satisfy their sexual desires?

Thread Information