Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghetto Dragons

Ghetto Dragons

We are currently at war with a ghetto that's almost all attackers. Our ghetto has a good amount of active attackers and T/M's. What is the best dragon to send? I was thinking the Gold Dragon (-25% building efficiency) to kill their economy? Or should I use the Ruby for (-8% military effectiveness)?

As always, it depends. Are they relying on TG's and GS a lot in their build? Are they efficient at in/out attacking? If they are these things, then Gold may be good as it will cut down on all those bonuses. OTOH, are they really not that well set up, kinda rainbow building builds having just enough OP to maybe to a double it on a few provinces and -8% mil will remove double tap threat or even make some provs unbreakable? If so, then ruby. If you think you can scare them into submission from gains, then emerald may be nice. Hard to say without more facts. When in doubt, I would tend to say Ruby and work to out hit.

Post Demon
    If *your* kingdom has a ok number of reasonably well run provinces, you can suck the ruby (or kill it, if enemy is bad at econ) and use the emerald. It's a weird one, but the combination of effects can really wear down an opposing kingdom. They have to work harder at everything just to keep up with you - all your kingdom needs is to have enough military to soak the typical ruby in response.

I might have a weird view though - I tagged a halfer at about 1k acres with PF on him, BL up for me, and the emerald on them. I think I killed 700 troops - even with those cheep elites, 3.5 DPA *from one hit* ain't nothin' to sneeze at. (No, it wasn't TW - on a TW hit I insta-cap my dungeons with like 1k+ prisoners. This was 300-400 ballpark. He had enough pes if my memory serves.) Kinda weird situation though - how many faeries you got with offense to spare and a willingness to BL?
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Enthusiast
    Silentcarrot seems to me full of general war strategy questions that are seemingly simple, but deceptively deep.

Let me see... I will try to once more explore the topic with helping questions.

For example, what is really the role of a Dragon in War. Why should I spend precious gc's to send one? What can I expect from sending out a Dragon?

You need to know what the other kd is made up of first.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You need to know what the other kd is made up of first.
    Can you explain why?

Because what they determines where they are weak. You then pick the dragon that exacerbates their weakness making it even easier for you to exploit.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Because what they determines where they are weak. You then pick the dragon that exacerbates their weakness making it even easier for you to exploit.
    And there's the answer to my original question. Wasn't so hard, eh?

Why people refuse to answer more abstract questions is beyond me. If you actually take the time to post all the details involved, they won't sit down to crunch your numbers for you and will probably skip your post entirely... *sigh*

So, helping question no. 2. What Dragon would you pick against a KD of full Orc/Cleric Heavy Attackers? (all 25 of them)

*EDIT* My Quote of the Day: Fun trolls troll knowingly.
    Last edited by Danrelle; 28-09-2011 at 18:02.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Are they pumped?
    Are they overdrafted?
    Are they using GS/WTs?

All very important...

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Danrelle View Post
    Silentcarrot seems to me full of general war strategy questions that are seemingly simple, but deceptively deep.

Let me see... I will try to once more explore the topic with helping questions.

For example, what is really the role of a Dragon in War. Why should I spend precious gc's to send one? What can I expect from sending out a Dragon?
    you are so ridiculous sometimes Danrelle haha

Ruby is never the wrong choice, the others can be.
    S E C R E T S

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Are they pumped?
    Are they overdrafted?
    Are they using GS/WTs?

All very important...
    Why?

Are the Orcs:
    1.) Suiciding?
    2.) Overdrafted?
    3.) Running low TPA/WPA?
    4.) Running GS?

Overdraft means easier overpopulation. Emerald dragons help more here.
    If they rely heavily on certain types of buildings, then Gold can be very effective.
    If they're pumped out the wazoo, then Ruby might help you more in the end.
    Last edited by Ordray; 28-09-2011 at 18:22.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    Are the Orcs:
    1.) Suiciding?
    2.) Overdrafted?
    3.) Running low TPA/WPA?
    4.) Running GS?
    You take the time to post and the answer is right there. Just explain it please.

*EDIT* BTW, the terms you use assume something on their own. Suiciding assumes a comparison. Overdrafted idem. low TPA/WPA as well.

If you want to explain something, it's not difficult to assume.
    Last edited by Danrelle; 28-09-2011 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Danrelle View Post
    You take the time to post and the answer is right there. Just explain it please.
    All you said was Orc/Cleric Heavy Attackers. Heavy Attacker =/= overdrafted, suicider with low TPA/WPA and high GS.

Thread Information