Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Undead tactician build strat

Enthusiast

Undead tactician build strat

What's a gd build strat for undead tactician? Which buildings should I get for defense? Fort vs GS vs hospital. How many % homes is good? Between 10-20%? what about dungeons vs stables? Thanks in advance :)

OK, for my 2 cents. Stables are worth it since you can't train elites. Screw forts, screw GS at this point in the age, and I am not personally a fan of TG's. You have armies that don't die on offense and are immune to plague and don't need food. THEREFORE:

10% homes
    15% banks
    25% barracks
    10% Guilds
    5% Towers
    15% Watchtowers
    10% stables (that would be 3900 horses at 650 acres and you should have about 6K Offensive unites, so not too bad, increase if you want 1:1)
    5% dungeons (I like these because they instantly refill between hits so you can get lots of good OP for multiple taps, as opposed to stables which are gone when theya re gone.)
    5% - fill in whatever you like. Be happy.

Enthusiast
    Thanks for advice :)

Post Demon
    Can't agree with no TGs - sure, you like lots of troops a bit more than most, but TGs are *the gold standard* for buildings. I'd be shocked if you found 100% worth of other buildings that were better.

Also - losses on defense are a problem. Get hospitals. Not many, but get some, or you are semi-chain meat at war start.

So, 2 adds - gotta cut somewhere. Rax looks really high unless you're trying 3x, I'd take most of it from there. Also, usually stables *aren't* as good as TGs, though your BE might well be worse than normal so it's a close call in your case. 5% dungeons is too high - they don't do anything when empty. Keep enough to have them mostly filled though, 2-3% usually is about right.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

^What Ethan said.^
    Saying that Stables>TGs is just plain wrong 90% of the time...
    If my calculations aren't completely off, then an UD/Tact w/ 10% homes, 60 BPA in pop and BE respectively, and 67% Draft will have ~80% BE. Goal DPA: 40. DS/A needed: ~7 (200% WR + MP cast both assumed) He'll have ~9.9 Offensive units/acre. Also assuming raw TPA/WPA as 1.5.
    @80% BE, 10% TGs will boost your offense by ~10.81%. So, (let's just say that Elites:Offspecs are 1:1 since seldom is an UD at 100% elite offense unless chained pretty hard) 24.75+44.55 = 69.3 rOPA. Mod this by your WR and TG bonuses and you get: 69.3*1.076=74.5668 *1.1081=82.6274. Now look at 10% Stables. They provide a 6 rOPA boost, so 69.3+6=75.3 Now multiply by WR and you get 75.3*1.076= 81.0228.

Now, that being said, if you're having to deal with something <1:1 elite:ospec ratio then stables will be better, but once you get 45-50% elites, then stables lose out to TGs.

My advice for a starting UD prov: Use both unless you're wanting 3 uniques/day in war. If you are, then swap stables for TGs whenever you hit 45-50% elites as they'll be of more use than Stables.

OK, I am assuming this is a fresh province and he was going to mug inactives for a day or so, which is why stocking the dungeons was not a bad idea because he gets some OP and the BE help with his higher draft given that he is way behind on the science curve. He can easily take that left over 5% and sink it in TG's if you like. I agree with decreasing stables as you get more elites as well, but again, this was a starting from scratch idea. My thought was max out rax to hit often in or out of war to get elites in faster. Given how behind he is, there are few if any consequences to being near suicide, so I was not worried about hosps for defense. If he gets to any decent size/parity in a competative KD, well that is a different story. But then he can grow into those when he gets there. Should he get there, then he may have some science and start looking a little better and he likely also has some KD support. so then he can drift to:

10% homes
    13% banks
    23% rax (I like the 3% overbuild because on most hits it will keep you frmo dropping too far below 20% so you will keep your attack rate up)
    15% TG
    10% guilds
    4% towers
    15% watchtowers
    8% stables
    2% dungeons

But starting out, I think he just goes for super animal speed, get into combat as fast and often as possible to get elites up.

Enthusiast
    Actually I'm in the rebuilding now and elite to o-spec is around 5.2k to 3.7k. In a warring kd now so I think I'll just stick to one build now rather than switching as Im alr wasting plenty of resources trying to change the current weird build I'm having now. After reading everyones advice I think I'm going 10 homes / 20 TG n rax / 15 banks / 8 guilds / 4 towers / 3 dungeons / 10 GS / 5 hospitals / 5 WT. GS, hospitals and WT will likely be modified now n then to suit different purposes. What's an optimum mod opa n dpa with 65% draft. Should I up to 70%? thanks in advance

you should go ask sanc they were quite good at it

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by clark_kent View Post
    you should go ask sanc they were quite good at it
    will they bother replying me? lol

Regular
    New province or existing? How often do you log-in?

Ignore clark_kent - he's trolling.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    New province or existing? How often do you log-in?

Ignore clark_kent - he's trolling.
    i can say i'm super active. existing province.

Just because you are undead doesn't mean you don't need hospitals.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Just because you are undead doesn't mean you don't need hospitals.
    What's the diff between GS n hospitals

gs protect your land, hospitals lower troops losses. Undeads tend to believe that because they have 0 offensive losses hospitals are worthless. Then they get chained and lose tons of defense per hit, allowing the enemy kd to quad them with ease.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Thanks bishop. Any elites at home will be loss too :( is 10% GS n 5% hospitals enough?

Thread Information