Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survey, Infiltrate, SOS

Regular

Survey, Infiltrate, SOS

I would have thought to send 20%+1 for these ops but uTools says to use 10 thieves.

Do these ops not suffer from the randomness of SoT and SoM if you send few thieves?

yes, they do! a 20% tpa SoM is all the data you need to hit someone
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Bishop thanks for replying quickly but your answer isn't clear to me.

I know 20% SoM is all I need to hit someone but my question is about Survey, SoS and Infiltrate Thieves Guilds.

If I send 10 thieves to do those ops will the results be accurate or do you need to send 20%+1?

hmmm, infil i believe you need 20% - but some parts of survey and sos are accurate. Shouldnt be hard to test though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

What parts of the SOS and Survey are accurate? Just fields that have 1's and 0's, or are there more? (0*.75 and 0*1.25=0, and .75 and 1.25 rounded = 1)

If you send 10 thieves you will get like 25% inaccuracy or so Bishop told me before. I don't think it matters whether someone has 1k bpa or 1.25k bpa, either way I know they're a good learn target. Same with infiltrate. For data you need to be precise on (how much defense they have) send 20% +1.

in sos i think the books are accurate, but the % isn;t- not 100% on that though

Ah, good to know :)

either way they cost too much stealth and are way too hard.
    Icy 4 8

I personally think survey anf infiltrates are great info to have during ar. Let halfers get updated CBs since the intel will be 100% right, let your heavy attacker's who usually have terrible tpa to begin with spend 5 times failing to get one survey or infiltrate, you really dont lose anything. It is not like they would be trying to NS with that stealth if they cant easily get intel on the other kd, and you let the people with high tpa actually do something with their stealth.

Last age as an avian warrior, i was easily able to fill up pimp when getting hostile data on anyone and not feel like I was wasting my stealth.

As far as I have ascertained, books #s are correct on SoS, buildings #s are correct on Surveys with 10 thieves. Good intel for attackers to grab :) Infil defo needs 20%+1 thieves
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Forum Addict
    Aren't we all just using a bug by sending 10 thieves for SoS though ?

I know why the accurate number of troops in a SoM wasn't changed but at least you need to do some work and combine with SoT to use it.

Getting accurate SoS and Survey for free seems kind of cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Palar View Post
    As far as I have ascertained, books #s are correct on SoS, buildings #s are correct on Surveys with 10 thieves. Good intel for attackers to grab :) Infil defo needs 20%+1 thieves
    Confirmed SoS books. The only thing that changes on Surveys is the Effects numbers. #buildings, %buildings, BE, Jobs, etc. all are accurate.

Post Fiend
    I just put this together for my kingdom yesterday and would love to share.

Theives

For accurate intel gathering you need to send:

Infiltrate Thieves Guild 20% +1 of your thieves, this gives you 3% accuraccy of their intel.

Snatch News 10 thieves

Spy on Military 10 thieves, only thing that is accurate is Troops out and amount of time Troops are out. Everything is accurate with a Halfer SOM

Spy on Sciences 10 thieves

Spy on Throne 20% +1 thief

Survey 10 thieves

______

Oddities with intel we have found

If you are in war and are getting intel OOW or even intra kigdom, there is a 75% penalty involed, so unless 80% of thieves are sent, intel can be up to 75% off.

SOMs sometimes show negative return times. This means their army is home.
    Last edited by lmtdconv92; 05-10-2011 at 19:44. Reason: fixed stupid error

You left out Survey and Snatch News is there twice. Also, if in fortified, then that penalty applies also.

Thread Information