Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Prime Minister is a Moron

Post Demon

Our Prime Minister is a Moron

I always thought so.

Now, we have irrefutable evidence of it:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canad...160536154.html

Dear nationalistic Harper always set his priorities the right way, the Canadian way.

Now, grab a gun and go after the junkies.

Because that war on drugs is working so well in the US and Mexico. Sounds pro.

sounds decidely conservative and stupid
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

that ****s stupid, i don't want to pay for stoners to sit around in jail. Can't we just execute anyone who gets a sentence over 10 years.
    My life is better then yours.

Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    that ****s stupid, i don't want to pay for stoners to sit around in jail. Can't we just execute anyone who gets a sentence over 10 years.
    seems a bit harsh don't it

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    I'd make a lot of the lighter drugs like pot legal instead.

That way, police and prison resources are not tied down hunting down and incarcerating these people (so maybe they can spend more time and money investigating homicides and rapes instead), prices on those products can be regulated (so that you don't see people throwing away their rent money to get the stuff), it can be transferred to legit businesses (instead of giving revenue to shady organizations) and taxed.

Anyone that is pro substances like alcohol, cigarettes or refined sugar for that matter being legal, but not pot has some serious inconsistencies in his world views.

Should we encourage people to take the stuff? Hell no, but if a lot of people will take it anyways, might as well handle it in a sensible manner.

Take a 3$ pack of weed, stick a 7$ tax to it and have some frightening photo drawn on the pack. That's what they do with cigarettes.
    Last edited by Magn; 03-10-2011 at 00:23.

all drugs should be legal, government has no right to tell me that I can't put a chemical into my own body.

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    all drugs should be legal, government has no right to tell me that I can't put a chemical into my own body.
    actually they have that right as much as insisting that you use a seatbelt when riding a car

Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    actually they have that right as much as insisting that you use a seatbelt when riding a car
    Shouldnt really be doing that either, unless there's a child in the car or someone without the capacity for legal consent.

Freedom is the freedom to do stupid things and take your own risks, not freedom to do whatever the government says is safe for you to do.

I don't do any drug other than alcohol and I wear my seatbelt even when in countries with no law on wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    Freedom is the freedom to do stupid things and take your own risks
    Without impinging on the freedom of others ofc. You getting off your face on magic mushrooms and trying climb my torso with a fork isn't my idea of freedom.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Climbing your torso with a fork would be the crime, not eating the mushrooms. Just like if I get drunk and smash a bottle over your head, the bottle smashing is the crime, not the alcohol.

Allowing facilitators is the issue - you can pretend that we are all mature and responsible individuals, who should be free to make these choices. But we are not. People are stupid, and need to be prodded into line.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Typical forum mod, mini facists to a man.

If you think making drugs illegal lowers the 'related' crime rate, then you're out of your mind, we learned this during American prohibition of alcohol when gang violence went through the roof and organised crime syndicates started taking over.

We see the same now with mexican drug cartels, drug gangs in every major city etc.

The fact is that everywhere various drugs have been legalised the usuage of that drug goes down, and the crime rate goes down.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...riminalization

We are talking about crime now? I'm more interested in the effect complete freedom has on society. I don't mind if you get coked up to the gills every night, as long as you show up for work on time and do your job. Come to work still screwed up, you get fired. I also wouldn't employ smokers or women, but maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by Bishop; 06-10-2011 at 10:07.

Show up drunk and you get fired too, its not very complicated. You're still imagining that the drug use goes up when you alow total freedom, unfortunately for this hypothesis, the evidence in reality points in the opposite direction.

Of course we are talking about crime, look at the OP. You should ban yourself for 24 hours for going off topic.

Thread Information