Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Our Prime Minister is a Moron

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    http://cdn.epicski.com/a/a0/a0560b4d...eIfSerious.jpg

That is the most impractical thing i have ever heard.
    In this case, it's about numbers.

Clown are an impractical exemple, because:

1) Very few people have phobias about clowns

2) Clowns are very rarely shown in the media

3) Being exposed to clowns when you have that phobia don't have a detrimental effect to your health

As previously stated, it doesn't relate well to the topic at hand and it was not my idea to bring clowns to this conversation.

It's just a poor analogy that detracts from the main topic.
    Last edited by Magn; 11-10-2011 at 19:09.

You misunderstood the analogy, the point is you don't legislate on freedom of expression and choice for the masses based on the psychological disorders of a few. Which you immediately argued against and said we should listen to the irrational clown fearing noobs.

It's funny how some people say the media makes them fat by advertising food and others say the media make them anorexic by advertising skinny people and celebrities doing crash diets. Make your damn minds up.

false again

actually you do legislate it

slander for instance isn't freedom of expression, it is a criminal act and with good reason
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

are you an idiot freemehul? you certainly do seem to be trying to prove yourself to be one.

Slander and lible laws are not based upon anyones psychological disorders, they are based upon harm to peoples reputation and/or teh reputation of their private property in case of companies etc.

You really do seem terribly thick.

________________ <-- line

JSS
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    Actually, if you could not go anywhere without seeing a scary clown face telling you to vote Ed McMuffin for president or else, having a phobia of clowns would make a lot of sense.

There is a reason why being in control of the media is so alluring for totalitarian regimes.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    based on the psychological disorders of a few.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_Canada

This is the problem with your entire argumentation. More than anything else, this is the thing that you deny and in the process, you are prioritizing narrow ideology before reason.

According to you, a huge percentage of the population is "mentaly ill" and "few".

Guess they should beat themselves with lashes and call themselves weak until they see reason like you.

People have their strengths and their weaknesses.

They can overcome their weaknesses to an extent, but it's never a good idea to constantly stimulate an addict with the source of his addiction.

Yes, it's in our DNA to be addicted to junk food and some individuals have it more than others.

If I went with my natural instincts in our junk food society, I'd be obese beyond measure (because I have a natural propensity to go for the sweets and because I have a body that stores energy very efficiently and tends to get fat when I overeat... great during a famine, not so great in our current situation).
    Last edited by Magn; 12-10-2011 at 16:02.

So education is not as favourable to hiding the sweeties?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    So education is not as favourable to hiding the sweeties?
    Education helps in recognizing the extent to which they are bad for you. That is the extent to which it will help.

Once people know how bad they are for you, not putting them in plain sight will help resist the urge to eat them on a regular basis.

It's not a magical cure, but it will help solve the problem for many who are making an effort to eat properly.

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    are you an idiot freemehul? you certainly do seem to be trying to prove yourself to be one.

Slander and lible laws are not based upon anyones psychological disorders, they are based upon harm to peoples reputation and/or teh reputation of their private property in case of companies etc.

You really do seem terribly thick.
    didn't mention before that a tort remains a tort? I did, didn't I? or maybe you missed that?
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

'my' prime minister is a moron.

i live in australia, oz, the land down under. we are currently being 'led' by a woman named julia gillard - i had high hopes for her as she is a fellow ranga as i am, power to the rangas!

unfortunately she is an idiot.

she has just recently rejected a proposal for same sex marriage.
    she has done nothing whatsoever to help homeless people.
    she has done nothing whatsoever to help the environment.
    she has failed to end race based unemployment payments (here in australia if you are aboriginal you get more money and assistance than if you are any other race - apparently that is equality :-)
    she has failed to do anything at all to stop japanese whale boats breaching australian waters and shooting whales with explosives
    she didn't buy me a birthday present (b#$ch)
    she came into election with a whole host of ideas and, as all people in positions of power seem to, did a total backflip on all of them as soon as she got the job.

i can only come to the conclusion that all prime ministers, presidents, kings, queens and politicians are morons, but it is not their fault - they are only humans.

personally i think yoda should lead the world, although he is not real so that is not likely to happen which is a pity. i would certainly vote for yoda.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 04-12-2011 at 06:52.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Thread Information