Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: rules on fake wars

rules on fake wars

is it against the rules to blaintenly enter into a fake war because your to chicken **** to fight? a simple yes or no answer will suffice. It get better SoA are letting them feed on them. what happened to fair and honorable play?
    Last edited by brickwolfman; 02-10-2011 at 13:38.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by brickwolfman View Post
    is it against the rules to blaintenly enter into a fake war because your to chicken **** to fight? a simple yes or no answer will suffice. It get better SoA are letting them feed on them. what happened to fair and honorable play?

no.

Enthusiast
    I got a question about fw to ill borrow this thread. when you hit a kd and then enter fw and get retalled, is there a penalty on the opnonents honor gains or is it similar to land that the penalty increase to 24 hours?

I think all gains are diminished when hitting into a war. The game cannot determine what is real and what is fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Post Demon
    Unfortunately fake wars are widely accepted in the community. If you were to analyze it according to the rules you might have a small, weak case in regards to these points in the Game Rules:

"Spirit of the Rules

Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion. Because of their nature, these types of circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis. Users should avoid actions they believe are against the spirit and intent of the game.

Fair & Honorable Play

The operators of the game aim to maintain the highest standards of ethics within the game. Any instance of inappropriate language, manipulation of bugs, or acts of deception/fraud can result in immediate removal from the game. We rely on our users to help us enforce these rules and provide an enjoyable gaming environment for users of all ages and backgrounds."

Its a pretty weak argument though. At the end of the day it would be interesting to ask the developers if they created the war system with the intention of allowing KDs to use it for that purpose and employ the hit & run tactics + hideouts that you see in the current game.

Forum Fanatic
    There were fake wars,Peace Blocking ,War Blocks and many tactics used to pump long before OMAC/JOLT.Sean&Brian ever heard about this game.Has nothing to do really with just the current game.Its part of the history of the game also.Whether everyone likes it or not.

When they make rebuilding after wars faster,Alot of kingdoms wont have to use Fake wars to keep what they just gained.They added the extra day this age trying to help in this atleast.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    Unfortunately fake wars are widely accepted in the community. If you were to analyze it according to the rules you might have a small, weak case in regards to these points in the Game Rules...
    I would argue that far from being small and weak, infractions under either of those codes should in fact be amongst the most serious - much like bringing a professional sport into disrepute by generating a negative image of the sport amongst other players or the public at large.

UD hitting out of FW's or into other Wars produces such a negative impact on players affected by such abuses and can result in people quitting, restarting and spreading the negative image of that throughout the rest of the playerbase.

Forum Fanatic
    Again tho, people have hit into and out of wars since the game started.This isnt anything new ,Cant imagine some of the posts we would see here from years back when alliance wars raged almost every age with huge numbers involved.
    Yes some undeads are doing this,but it isnt the end of the world.Deal with it.

Monsters

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Again tho, people have hit into and out of wars since the game started.This isnt anything new ,Cant imagine some of the posts we would see here from years back when alliance wars raged almost every age with huge numbers involved.
    so since people have been abusing the game without any consequences for a while lets just accept it and not try to make the game better in hopes of growing it?

i like your logic :) u must be one of the cowards that fake war lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Indeed they have, and I've been involved in an alliance war (TF/AoD, on the TF side) when I played seriously. However, there was a clear choice on my part to be involved in an alliance and all the conotations that involved; such as the possibility of alliance wars and intereference into wars / hostiles. I was well prepared for such possibilities and it never bothered me.

I would say, by contrast, in this situation the people who get stung by it by and large have made no such committments and are simply 'normal' players looking for wars. Or in some cases even minding their own business and then being randomed by Ud's in FW.

If anything the "yes some undeads are doing this" hits the nail on the head, i.e. it's not considered a big enough (in terms of people committing the offence) issue to make it worth-while enforcing. Which is a poor reason for not choosing to enforce something, particularly given how negatively it impacts on the people affected. I suspect if half the server went Ud next age and sat in FW all age randoming other people the attitude might change.

FW are neccesary at higher levels of play. i use it to pump w/o fear of retales. do i let my undead hit oow, sometimes. depends if they need leets. its crappy gains but gains are still gains. being able to hit oow with no losses is a small bonus considering its a weaker attacker race to say orc or avian.
    Icy 4 8

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by aevin View Post
    so since people have been abusing the game without any consequences for a while lets just accept it and not try to make the game better in hopes of growing it?

i like your logic :) u must be one of the cowards that fake war lol
    Actually no ,Cant say ive ever fake warred for you information.I just dont cry about everything like some seem to do,shoe fit ?

At some point the Devs will deal with Undeads and make it not worthwhile.Until then stop blowing attacking into and out of war all crazy like its something new.Its went on since Beta.Most attack out of FWs the 1st 24 hours before gains are limited.Doesnt mean they cant be attacked in return also.

Monsters

#MONSTERS

FW isnt the problem - its what happens once the FW starts that needs to be looked at. IE X runs to FW and hits out = should have huge huge negatives to make it less attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by brickwolfman View Post
    .....It get better SoA are letting them feed on them. what happened to fair and honorable play?
    That we call a farm war and if one team is letting an ally farm them then that should get reported and there is most likely some punishment in place.

FWs are looked down on by people who dont understand why they are needed but farming an ally/friendly kingdom is hated by all of utopia and should be delt with.

On the other hand you could just be making up crap - you need proof!
    Last edited by fuzzy|; 02-10-2011 at 20:12.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Post Fiend
    It is simple, kingdoms that use FW as a tactic are weak, and if my KD will ever use it, I'll quit. For me personally it is not done. Respect to those kd's that do not use it.

Good tactic? Bad tactic? Just because you disagree with something doesn't make it altogether wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Thread Information