Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Westeros war Fluffylicious

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by situsklaw View Post
    He is referring to us doing a max honor wave before withdrawing from cats war. Something fluffy seem to have done to westeros in this war and something that happned to us last age aswell. We lost the war but gained honor. And it all circle back to the honor system is broken. and i agree Dreams is the only kingdom i feel got slighted by this. If westeros wants to run a 5 day war like we did with 700+ attack on each side they will generate same amount of honor so really do not see the issue. Balance Cats war was not a farming war and was a hard fought battle. But i am sure none of the kingdoms hear take Cats lightly either. we chained to the last 2 hrs of the war. Was a hard fought war and i hope soon we will be able to thank cats in our own war article. hats off to them as they are a tough egg to crack.

As for citadel there is something to figure out u are a monarch i am sure u can and we were in the fake war till the end of age
    I do belive Luc was refering to (and only to) your no2 KD spot last age when he called you farmers, no1 thinks your war with cats was a fake.

As for the me I really fail to see what is there to figure out ? Like I said you gained enough honour between last 2 updates of the age to take no2 KD sppot from us and MAYBE (like I said this part is hearsay) no1 province spot. You either attacked, oped or your fw partner wd from the war. Either option labels you as farmers I am afraid. Once again personaly I dont care and dont stress over it but the fact remains you did it and ppl will call you farmers. and there will be vailidity in their claims.

Regular
    Citadela - that's the problem. None of those things occurred. So for Balance to be labeled farmers because of a quirk in game mechanics which caused the honor uptick is disappointing.
    Last edited by Tha Legend; 13-10-2011 at 21:42. Reason: grammer, spelling, etc.

Several things:

1. We (Balance) took 2nd place last age but not through farming. Feel free to ask the kd we were warring. It was a totally legit honor increase. Something like 1k honor on the last day. There are legitimate ways that kd honor can increase absent farming. (Think hard but not too hard. I dont want you to injure yourself.)

2. Westeros had agreed to a war this age (we even graciously gave them a cf for a week to prepare for it) and broke the agreement and ran into a different war. Oh well. Such is life. You dont see me crying myself to sleep at night (*cough*cats*cough*). But dont pretend there was some master plan to win the honor crown. It was just dealbreaking etc etc.

3. Dont act like any kd is a shoo-on to win the crown just because they have the honor lead at yr 6. I have seen many honor races change quickly and dramatically in the past. We have indeed been in the top couple of honor kds for this entire age. Not sure why anyone would say otherwise.

EDIT: Not sure how this thread ended up having anything to do with Balance.
    Last edited by CallipygianOne; 13-10-2011 at 21:36.

Quote Originally Posted by CallipygianOne View Post
    Several things:

1. We (Balance) took 2nd place last age but not through farming. Feel free to ask the kd we were warring. It was a totally legit honor increase. Something like 1k honor on the last day. There are legitimate ways that kd honor can increase absent farming. (Think hard but not too hard. I dont want you to injure yourself.)

2. Westeros had agreed to a war this age (we even graciously gave them a cf for a week to prepare for it) and broke the agreement and ran into a different war. Oh well. Such is life. You dont see me crying myself to sleep at night (*cough*cats*cough*). But dont pretend there was some master plan to win the honor crown. It was just dealbreaking etc etc.

3. Dont act like any kd is a shoo-on to win the crown just because they have the honor lead at yr 6. I have seen many honor races change quickly and dramatically in the past. We have indeed been in the top couple of honor kds for this entire age. Not sure why anyone would say otherwise.
    +1

ill save my post that i wrote... this one summarizes what i was gonna say, in a less aggressive manner.
    Last edited by fellowAquarian; 13-10-2011 at 21:51.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by CallipygianOne View Post
    Several things:

Last comment was uncalled for and unnecesarry. There was no insuting going on so I see no reason for you to answer like that. I have a clue what could have been going on indeed. I do however find it funny that you didnt offered straight explanation right on ... maybe cause you know down there in your gut that it was wrong thing to do ?

Only way for a KD who stayed in a fw to create honour w/o oping/attacking his fw partner is to have few provinces under lord delete their accounts and than use invites to get them back with nice fresh lord titles. If that is what you did than I apologize, you are not farmers ... you just abused game mechanics. Is that any better really ? No its not.

You guys are succesfully building yourself a bad name, through no other fault but your own. Gaining that no2 KD spot, abusing vac mode and lets not forget how your little feud with cats started in the first place ... yeah ... I still remember that trick you pulled with orcs and dealbreak from last age even if I dont play in Cats and wasnt directly affected. Stuff like that goes arround and ends up biting you in the ass. Dont be surprised if after a few foul moves you get a bad rep and get called a farmers.

Once again ... I have no beef agains you personally, our dealings with you guys were clean and fair, and I have no doubt you are good KD either. However over the time you did number of foul moves and no wonder ppl point fingers ... you can get upset by it but you brought it on yourself. What you reap is what you saw ... I know for a fact no1 holds a grudge vs Fluffy and thats more important to me than climbing extra spot in the charts ... but I guess we are not all made of same meterial.

Regular
    Basically citadel and Luc have been measured and left wanting. If you want to perceive bringing new players into the kd with free invites as abusing game mechanics ... guilty.

Make sure you tell every other kd that brings new players on at the end of the age that they are all farmers and cheaters as well. Wouldn't you think that ones who were leaving at the end of the age would just leave if they had crappy honor and small provinces? And ones that had decent honor and decent sized provinces would stick it out because they have a good age?

You perceive Balance as having a bad name because you choose to. Everything they do is apparently evil. The only questionable thing Balance has done is start a war an hour late. Don't mistake strategy for deceit. How about you wave with just your Dwarves and not your Orcs, or are you doing that 'trick' with your Orcs every time you wave?

They bring in new players: honor farming
    They fight a week long war with lots of provinces being chained: they are suiciding to take advantage of a bug
    Massacreing T/Ms: honor farming
    Attacking another province: Land farming

That is right, your dealings with Balance are always fair, because everyone's dealings with Balance are fair.
    Last edited by Tha Legend; 13-10-2011 at 23:06. Reason: <--- noob: messed up the damn quote, realized i took it out

Post Demon
    Been measured and left wanting ... heh ... if you gonna quate a movie pick a good one ffs not that crap =)

I am 99% sure Balance was full kd at a time and had to delete before inviting. And excuse me for not taking your word on it beeing legit new players and not abuse, theres too much coincidence. Ofc I dont buy the story smal provs w/o honour decied to leave cause of bad age, beeing small and having no honour just means your got chained in the last war nothing else, geting back up there with the rest of the pack is a matter of few days feeding off the nubs ... personally I even enjoy this when I end up way down there with superpumped province and just shread thru clueless newbs in ghetos taking their land, gc and their books on my way back^^

Theres allways too much concidence arround you guys it seems ... concidences that somehow end up working in your favour, just like with that late declaration and internet problem on monarch that prevented you from declaring on time ... wasnt it coincidental it was timed with your orcs having their troops return on that exact hour and avoiding elite losses/chain during hostile, or that he managed to start the drake before he lost conection so you managed to dump the cash in it before it gets stolen/plundered =)

I did found this statement amusing tho:
    "The only questionable thing Balance has done is start a war an hour late. Don't mistake strategy for deceit."

If I remember corectly from the flaming that was going on through forums you guys were adamant that this was a coincidence and not planned move =) Concidence that allowed your orcs to avoid loosing elites on deff and geting chained before troops return which is exactly what would happen to them if you pressed the button when you were suposed to. Are you now confirming that this was a planned move :?

And no, we dont do stuff like that, strategy or not. Reason we dont do it is because I dont want to bend the agreement and cut corners to give us unfair advantage. If you doubt my words ask any1 who warred us. For our most recent war against westeros we had all our troops home, dorfs and orcs alike. I prefer to war fair and live up to warterms, win or loose dont matter. But than again I am really nice guy =)

Ofc we are not into making stupid moves ourself and if if I see fair oportunity to secure my KD an advantage w/o beeing an ass by going over agreed upon terms I'll take it (sorry for that one time bunnies ;o )

But I'll stop ranting about ballance now, I am sorry it was even brought here since its really offtopic and doesnt belong in UF news or this thread by any criteria. Need to cut down on my beer I'd guess since I normally dont allow myself to be pulled into flame wars, especially not on topic that really has nothing to do with me^^

Regular
    I was referring to sending the Orcs out early. And none of them came home on the agreed hour of the war or the next.

Most came 2-3 hours later if not more. If our guys were unable to be available at war begin, why just leave their armies at home to be slaughtered? That is just horrendous strategy.

Be careful who you determine is the good guy, because what was lost was a certain kd having ~ 15 million in cash 6 hours before yet being able to fund three dragons on the first day.

Anyway its a moot point. Bringing that up was like when my wife realizes she's lost an argument and details the history of my wrongdoings, usually beginning with 3am alarm clocks

Balance was in fake war, and wasn't coming out for the rest of the age, the player deleted and moved on, Balance filled the spot and became honor farmers.

Bottom Line: Luc was full of crap in his BS accusations at the beginning of the thread which brought it off topic. I apologize for taking 2 pages of comments away from what i'm sure was a hard fought war on both sides. Good Job to both kd's and Balance is waiting

PS: And that was a great movie
    Last edited by Tha Legend; 14-10-2011 at 00:25. Reason: had to respond to the movie thing

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Legend View Post
    Bottom Line: Luc was full of crap in his BS accusations at the beginning of the thread which brought it off topic. I apologize for taking 2 pages of comments away from what i'm sure was a hard fought war on both sides. Good Job to both kd's and Balance is waiting
    Yeah, because obviously you've proven me wrong now... Oh wait, you haven't, you're just telling us stories. They might be true, and they might not be. Until Balance gives me good reasons to believe they're clean and honorable, I will keep believing they aren't, because there are just way too many coincidences. I also don't believe you're good enough to have come anywhere close to #1 this age without the help of the game.

Regular
    as the rules were set up, it wasn't about 'good enough' it was about being able to war kingdoms to increase honor. Dreams was too big, Westeros was afraid, which makes sense because if they lost to Fluffy, imagine what would have happened against Balance. Balance basically waved every kd in its size that had worthwhile honor and everyone was afraid, as the system was set up, we would have lost honor to Cats as well. So you are right in that regard, without the game mechanic change, Balance likely wouldn't have won the honor crown, but it wasn't about skill, it was about fear.

But all your bs claims about honor farming and us taking advantage of a bug, etc have been proven incorrect. You can hide behind your 'stories' and 'coincidences' but they only appear because you don't like Balance. There are no coincidences, there is only gameplay. You want good reasons to believe Balance is clean and honorable, you know where they are. If you're in Fluffy - you are the same size. But why would Fluffy want to end the age on a down note?

Post Fiend
    On another note mid war is when we realised something even changed in Honor gains. And the only reason we took the war with cats at all was cause well last age. we planned on losing honor but was not gunna pass up that war.

Post Demon
    as the rules were set up, it wasn't about 'good enough' it was about being able to war kingdoms to increase honor. Dreams was too big, Westeros was afraid, which makes sense because if they lost to Fluffy, imagine what would have happened against Balance.
    Lol, cool down, it's been obvious that you think you're good since you entered this thread. Why don't you go wave freeakstyle if you think you're so great? Pretty sure they wouldn't be afraid of you.

Balance basically waved every kd in its size that had worthwhile honor and everyone was afraid, as the system was set up, we would have lost honor to Cats as well. So you are right in that regard, without the game mechanic change, Balance likely wouldn't have won the honor crown, but it wasn't about skill, it was about fear.
    It is all about skill. Westeros set out to get #1 honor. With that goal, of course they won't take unnecessary risks. Other kd's, like ours, don't aim for #1, we just war and end up somewhere on the charts, and then it's a completely different matter. We (or at least I) thought Westeros would beat us, but we went to war with them anyway.

But all your bs claims about honor farming and us taking advantage of a bug, etc have been proven incorrect. You can hide behind your 'stories' and 'coincidences' but they only appear because you don't like Balance. There are no coincidences, there is only gameplay. You want good reasons to believe Balance is clean and honorable, you know where they are. If you're in Fluffy - you are the same size. But why would Fluffy want to end the age on a down note?
    Proven incorrect? Do you know what proof is? You have proven me incorrect as much as I've proven you incorrect. I wasn't there, so obviously I have no proof, but your word is equally useless as proof as mine is. Also, these "coincidences" are the whole reason I dislike Balance. I hadn't even heard of you until last age, and I've been playing for 12 years. There was another Balance kd a while ago that was made up of a couple of xloggers, but you're obviously not them. I really dunno where all this ego comes from on your side, because you've done nothing to earn it. That's the difference between us and you, we don't pretend that we're someone special, but rather freely admit that we aren't.

We can live with losing wars, and we have. How about you? Do you dare wave freeakstyle? Would you dare to war Dreams if they were in range?

Regular
    Right - you had no proof, so keep your unfounded comments to yourself. That is how this whole thing started. And Balance was in the Top5 in honor the entire age as Unkingdomed Name.

And to answer your questions - Yes, Yes, if they were in range, Yes.

There is no ego - there is only defending Balance from unfounded crap accusations you felt yourself 'special enough' to make. You act like you don't care, but you obviously are upset for whatever reason that Balance ended up 2nd in honor last age. I had to go to the Archive just to figure that out.

Balance is still here, in your size, waiting ...

*hands Luc a cookie for playing Utopia for 12 years*

Post Demon
    Right - you had no proof, so keep your unfounded comments to yourself. That is how this whole thing started. And Balance was in the Top5 in honor the entire age as Unkingdomed Name.
    Why should I? If people act suspiciously, others call them out. Get used to it. I don't care if you were "top 5". Only the top 3 were even above 60k and "in the race" at all, and Balance wasn't one of those kd's. It's easy to act all courageous if you have nothing to lose. Was the same thing for us with this war. We had nothing to lose.

And to answer your questions - Yes, Yes, if they were in range, Yes.
    Cool, let's hope that isn't all talk so you can really prove yourselves. Do so and I'll change my mind about you. I've been "proven wrong" about kd's before, but not by people talking tough in the forum.

There is no ego - there is only defending Balance from unfounded crap accusations you felt yourself 'special enough' to make. You act like you don't care, but you obviously are upset for whatever reason that Balance ended up 2nd in honor last age. I had to go to the Archive just to figure that out.
    Upset? Not really that much, since it wasn't #1. I just never liked people who try to take advantage of things instead of playing fair.

Balance is still here, in your size, waiting ...
    I know where you are, and if my kd wants to hit you, we will. If they don't, we won't. I stopped making a big deal out of ego battles a long time ago. I really hope you don't think beating us would prove anything though, because that would be sad.

*hands Luc a cookie for playing Utopia for 12 years*
    Cute. So who is Balance again?
    Last edited by Luc; 14-10-2011 at 19:37.

Regular
    the 'who are you' is all you have left? Works for me.

Thread Information