Thread: Human Sage or Merchant A/T

Regular

Human Sage or Merchant A/T

having a hard time deciding which personality. What I want is war sustainability and able to grow during war.

I think sage is really good but the merchant bonuses are great.

Post Fiend
    Personally I'd go sage, because you can use the science bonuses to boost your thief effectiveness as well as your income, pop, BE, etc.

Going with merchant you'd probably have better income, but in a war that doesn't mean much if the enemy KD knows how to destroy your peasantry. Last age I saw human merchants go from 60k income/day to under 10k with chained fireballs. At least as a sage you'd still be able to use your science bonuses, and maybe pump some channeling science for mage defense if necessary.

Sage is also a personality that becomes more powerful with time... as you build up science, your income increases as along with everything else.
    Last edited by Budlightyear; 29-10-2011 at 22:45.

Regular
    hmmm...being fireballed throws a huge wrench in merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceX View Post
    having a hard time deciding which personality. What I want is war sustainability and able to grow during war.

I think sage is really good but the merchant bonuses are great.
    I would say that you are asking me to advise you with two bad options... If forced to pick these two I would say sage, however, to be a real thief I would pick rouge.

humans cannot be A/T

Post Fiend
    I would say that you are asking me to advise you with two bad options... If forced to pick these two I would say sage, however, to be a real thief I would pick rouge.
    This is missing the point... he's not trying to be a pure thief, but rather a A/T hybrid. You have to consider attacking ability, income, sustainability, versatility, and ruggedness/survivability (defense against fireballs, for example). Yes, rogue would be a "real thief" but that's limiting yourself a lot for almost no reason other than +1 stealth/tick in war. A rogue personality would not have the income, survivability, versatility, or attack power that a sage hybrid would. It's gimping yourself for no reason: which would you rather have in your KD, a balanced province that had extra money, could handle attacks well and retaliate, and could also help out on thief ops/chaining attacks, or a "real thief" that could barely do thief ops any better, couldn't attack, and wouldn't last more than a few days in a war....
    Last edited by Budlightyear; 30-10-2011 at 07:14.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    humans cannot be A/T
    Yes, they can... changes in this age make humans slightly worse thieves than they were before, but at the same time it makes the Sage personality much more appealing for the ability to pump crime science.

Can they be A/t though?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Budlightyear View Post
    This is missing the point... he's not trying to be a pure thief, but rather a A/T hybrid. You have to consider attacking ability, income, sustainability, versatility, and ruggedness/survivability (defense against fireballs, for example). Yes, rogue would be a "real thief" but that's limiting yourself a lot for almost no reason other than +1 stealth/tick in war. A rogue personality would not have the income, survivability, versatility, or attack power that a sage hybrid would. It's gimping yourself for no reason: which would you rather have in your KD, a balanced province that had extra money, could handle attacks well and retaliate, and could also help out on thief ops/chaining attacks, or a "real thief" that could barely do thief ops any better, couldn't attack, and wouldn't last more than a few days in a war....
    just because a human chose rogue means he 'can't attack'? rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    humans cannot be A/T
    Pharlap v A n s w e R
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    just because a human chose rogue means he 'can't attack'? rubbish.
    I thought you meant being a pure Thief, not a hybrid.

Thread Information