Thread: Avian/please help

Avian/please help

Hey im in a semi-ghetto KD right around the bottom of the top100. We are planning for 4-6 wars next age and we need attackers. I have my heart set on being avian but i cant decide which personality to choose between cleric/merchant/sage. I was originally worried about getting chained so it was an easy choice to pick cleric, but now i think after reading another topic about sage benefits they called it the king of the ghetto or something, i realized that i could potentially have a smaller but stronger province as a sage compared to a potentially larger prov with a lower nwpa as a cleric. Then i know there is merchant which is just great all around.

I was planning on running something like these around 1500 acres in war after fast exploring to get there.

Avian/cleric

13% Homes
    9% Farms
    15% Banks
    10% TGs
    9% Barracks
    15% Guard Stations
    9% Guilds
    5% Towers
    13% Watchtowers
    2% Dungeons

Avian/Sage

13% Homes
    9% Farms
    15% Banks
    10% TGs
    9% Hospitals
    15% Guard Stations
    9% Guilds
    5% Towers
    13% Watchtowers
    2% Dungeons

What you guys think?

To be completely honest it will have to depend on things, will you definitely be pumping out your science at a fairly decent (high) rate and aiming to have very high science? If you're only pumping it the same as other attackers you'll only have above-average science but nothing notable, Sage's point is high science so you want to have 1.5x - 2x the science of other personalities your size. Cleric is good for a heavy attacker and does exactly as it needs to, if you're warring often then the lower losses is a definite boon and if getting chained often the extra general helps a lot as well. Merchant is good all round.

I say that you need more TG, avian really doesn't need the barracks.
    For cleric this is something closer to what I would build:
    12% Homes
    8% Farms (lower to 7% with some science and put wherever)
    15% Banks
    20% TG
    15% GS
    10% Guilds
    5% Towers
    13% WT
    2% Dungeons

With Sage I have a habit of really pushing the build and relying on science, lower farms/towers as you increase science, switching homes to libraries when you have good science is the way to go as well:
    10% Homes
    6-7% Farms
    15% Banks
    16% TG
    15% GS
    10-12% Hospitals
    10% Guilds
    4-5% Towers
    10% WT
    2% Dungeons
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Palar's cleric build is almost exactly my build last age (I traded out WT for forts though) as Avian Cleric and it worked very well.

Cleric w/ rax is good for 3x/day because it stretches your original elites longer though, so you could move around a few % buildings into rax, but for 2x/day Palar's looks good.

so as a sage would i pump sci in peace with schools? along with wizards?

Everyone should pump sci (at least somewhat) in times of peace. If you have more than a week of it, convert some buildings to schools and banks first. And yes, you want to maintain a good wpa. What this is depends on your kd strat and role, but bare minimum should be 1 wpa except at the very start of the age.

1 WPA is the bare bare minimum. <1WPA = mage rape victim.

Post Fiend
    God I can't wait for my kingdom to find these avian clerics. I just want to laugh so hard when you're chained down from 2500+ acre to 200 acres. IMO, if you're asking here, you should just run a eco race/pers strategy for the age. I don't even know the last time I've used angel nor a "persise" building strategy. Isn't your computer's calculator good enough? The game doe give you all the formula's and you never bounce...
    "Don't try to win a war as one province, but as a kingdom with a strategy behind it." -Justin Karnes

Post Demon
    Dang justin you sound like a big avian/cleric bully.

2500 acres down to 200! That's a pretty hefty chain! You think you'll be able to do that before min time is over or were you assuming that the war lasts like 3 or 4 days?

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    Dang justin you sound like a big avian/cleric bully.

2500 acres down to 200! That's a pretty hefty chain! You think you'll be able to do that before min time is over or were you assuming that the war lasts like 3 or 4 days?
    It'd have to last a long time I don't think I've even seen a KD chain that hard, even against a KD that uses angel to calculate their build strats.

Cleric w/ rax is good for 3x/day because it stretches your original elites longer though, so you could move around a few % buildings into rax, but for 2x/day Palar's looks good.
    I'd go as far as to say if you're not planning 3x/day (or at least 3 per 27 hours) then there's better races out there.

For 8 hr attacks you want a 37.5% reduction, for 8.5 hr attacks you want 33.6% reduction, for 9 hr attacks you want a 30% reduction, that's a lot of barracks to run and that's including after the full 20% reduction in war. That's why avians are the only race that is most likely to reach and maintain those attack times in war. So yea if you're going for 2x attack a day there are better races but its up to you, they save buildings since they dont need rax.
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

I just really love avians so i have to stick with them. It sounds like all avians can do go for 3x with lots of TGs and maybe merchant perso? Because i thought cleric was one of the better attacking personalities especially with the fast attack speed. The tactician/warrior dont seem to hold a light whatsoever to merchants ability to maintain an eco for longer wars. Im still leaning towards avian/sage and not growing too big and seeing how big i can get my sciences. Im just playing for fun this age, seeing how my KD is barely top 100 :p

2x-3xattacks per day? avian?Put some Rax.. dismiss the WTs,the GS,some of the TGs,some of the Banks if u'r confident and your Kd is mostly of suiciders or just heavy attackers ,and go for 4x attacks per day even 5 in war(not including double taps,and not including tactician personality)
    out of my own experience(so don't say not possible)!!to bad the -2 hours reduction for nonland attacks are not really -2h but like 20-30 min only ,cause i wished to reach 6 attacks per day,but then again ,i'm not the developer

Thread Information