Thread: last nights US political Debates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Enthusiast

last nights US political Debates

what do you think of last nights debates

pretty pathitic, I thought

anymore is seems like your not really looking who to vote for, your looking for who not to vote for. I guess i'm staying as a Democrat and i'll vote for myself

though I don't have the right to vote in the U.S. elections, I have to agree with you on that, you're better off looking for who not to vote for

I figured we had it bad, but the GOP candidates are so full of crap and nonsense, that you're kind of left wondering if this election is going to be something of a race between the reps and the dems at all
    Last edited by freemehul; 20-10-2011 at 07:31.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

lol Scott. Last night's debate wasn't their best for sure, though there were a few moments. Rick Perry made himself look like an idiot on national television... Again. Ron Paul was still the grumpy, angry old man who has a few good ideas, but is a loon for the most part. Bachman's attacks on the 9-9-9 being a VAT tax because producers have to pay a sales tax on their goods is false because under the plan businesses can deduct them from their income tax. She didn't come off too well (though she did look pretty good last night on a purely physical point of view.) Santorum did okay, but still not up to snuff. Gingrich did okay for the most part. Romney was calm for the most part, but Santorum got him pretty good on the Romneycare issue. Cain held his own despite all of the attacks on him, but he's done well in all of the debates, so I'm not surprised (pleased, yes. Surprised, no.)

The election is still young and all kinds of crazy stuff can still happen.

Well, I'm possibly going to meet Mr. Cain tomorrow at the Alabama straw poll :-)

Post Fiend
    I thoroughly enjoy debates, but don't really put much weight in what the candidates say in them. They are pretty much lie-fests. There is so much disinformation and half-truths that are thrown out that taking what is said in a debate as fact can be dangerous.

I also wish the format was different so that the candidates could lead the discussion and engage each other 1 on 1. Fight! :)

Orray - were you able to meet Mr Cain? He seems like a really interesting dude.

No, I didn't get to meet him :( I wasted too much time yesterday morning to get to meet him. If I had left when I intended to, then I would have been able to meet him! After he spoke at our straw poll, he had to leave to get to a few other campaign stops. Actually, he was wanting to stay for a while, but his campaign staff pretty much drug him out to the bus :P
    Cain won the West Alabama Straw Poll with 50.7% of the 370 or so votes. Ron Paul came in 2nd with 45%, and the other 4.3% was split between everyone else.

Actually, I've heard that Cain and Newt are supposed to be having a Lincoln-Douglas style debate where they're going to go 1 on 1 for 3 hours with no moderator and only a time keeper. I think that the topic is going to be illegal immigration for the first one that is scheduled (if I'm remembering correctly) for November 5th.

Veteran
    Cain doesn't like to read and he thinks foreign policy is like making a pizza. lmao. If that man gets to be the Republican candidate we will have Obama for another 4 years for sure.

The ignorance in your post is astounding. Let me guess, Obama supporter?
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Wow, two for two Fates. That's twice I have read what you have to say and found it to be laughable garbage.

My problem with Cain is his views on war. Warmongering pissed me off about Bush, it pisses me off about Obama, and will probably piss me off about whomever our next president is, unless it's Ron Paul, considering that he's the only one who's obviously and openly against it. Then again, I have my own set of issues with him too.

However, sidestepping the war thoughts, Cain is not a bad candidate by any means, especially for a country in a recession. However, business men generally don't do well in elections. Remember Ross Perot?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Wow, two for two Fates. That's twice I have read what you have to say and found it to be laughable garbage.

My problem with Cain is his views on war. Warmongering pissed me off about Bush, it pisses me off about Obama, and will probably piss me off about whomever our next president is, unless it's Ron Paul, considering that he's the only one who's obviously and openly against it. Then again, I have my own set of issues with him too.

However, sidestepping the war thoughts, Cain is not a bad candidate by any means, especially for a country in a recession. However, business men generally don't do well in elections. Remember Ross Perot?
    Wow.... guess I have the same opinion of your comments as you do of mine. Show me 1 example of Obama being a war monger. Give me 1. Can't use Lybia as that was a UN action not a US action and the Arab League asked the UN for the intervention. So please give me another.

Cain wants to limit bills to 3 pages (he doesn't like to read) and He DID compare Foregin Policy to making pizza. You must have missed those comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Fates Warning View Post
    Wow.... guess I have the same opinion of your comments as you do of mine. Show me 1 example of Obama being a war monger. Give me 1. Can't use Lybia as that was a UN action not a US action and the Arab League asked the UN for the intervention. So please give me another.

Cain wants to limit bills to 3 pages (he doesn't like to read) and He DID compare Foregin Policy to making pizza. You must have missed those comments.
    Are you actually serious? First of all, yes Libya can be counted. It can be called UN action all you want, but unless your memory has some serious holes in it, you'll recall that it was Obama and his Secretary of State that made the initial 'declaration of determined regime change', and funny enough, we one of the first ones involved. It doesn't matter if our troops are pulling the trigger while looking at a person, or doing so while looking at a camera feed, it's still bullets paid for by the American taxpayer.

Also, look at all of the troops that have been deployed to Syria. Let's see where that goes. I have seen these kinds of 'diplomacy missions' more than once.

Oh, and about those 'wars' that have been going on for over a decade...just because he didn't start them, doesn't mean he isn't perpetually feeding them. All of that new funding for spec ops training?

You can call it warmongering or trying to be the world police. Either way, it's the same thing, and it's wrong. I am not getting into this all over again in another thread.

As for Cain: 'made an analogy' and 'he thinks' are two very different things. Learn to phrase your comment better if you don't want people to look at you and think 'dumb ass'.

His proposal for reduction of bill size has actually been a long standing goal by anyone seeking limited government. The purpose is to prevent monstrosities like PPACA and the Patriot Act from getting through again. Remember how fast those were rammed through Congress? Notice how large they are, and all of the crap within them that, taken individually, no sane person would vote for?
    "I don't hate you, I'm just removing an enemy..."
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Enthusiast
    i'm just waiting to see if Moinca has something to do with the Cain sexual hurasment issue

Honestly, he botched that entire thing from the start with his initial 'I don't know what you're talking about' response.

If he actually was faced with untrue accusations of sexual harassment, and was forced by lawyers to settle anyway, he should have come out with the whole story. Instead, he makes himself look like a jackass right off the bat.

Enthusiast
    well, he's up to 4 people accusing him of sexual harassment.

Thread Information