Thread: Whitelisting clarification and process

Whitelisting clarification and process

EDIT:
    We will be making a change to our white-listing process that should render it redundant. In light of this we are no longer adding people to this list manually. Please keep an eye on the announcements for more details on this at a later stage. Old white-listed accounts are still considered white-listed but this may change at a future date.

For now please keep province interactions to a minimum as we transition to a new system.

Old post below for posterity:
    Below you will find some clarification on our application of the game rules and the process required to be whitelisted. The game rules have been updated to link to this thread also so please ensure you read it thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    Account Management

Users are allowed to create only one account in the primary Utopia gaming environment. Players may also have one province in each Utopian server.

Users are allowed to maintain only their own account; under no circumstances should accounts be shared, traded, or managed by anyone other than the original owner. Consistent creation and deletion of accounts is not allowed under any circumstances.
    In essence this means that you have access to only your own, single account. We run several detection mechanics to expose people accessing more than one account. There is a legitimate scenario whereby some of these mechanics can flag players that log in from the same location. We strongly advise players to contact us to let us know of these situations in advance so that we can whitelist them.

What is the whitelist?
    The whitelist is a permanent ingame list of associated accounts that are not automatically flagged for deletion due to the nature of their interaction. It is not immunity to cheat detection mechanics.

Who is eligible for whitelisting?
    2 players that live together can be whitelisted. We do not support whitelisting more than 2 players, nor will we whitelist players for visits from other players, office or school logins etc. Rule of thumb = 2 players max from one location.

How do I become whitelisted?
    You must contact utopiasupport@utopia-game.com from the email account registered to your master account. You must explain why you believe you qualify for whitelisting and you must supply both accounts usernames or Support IDs. You will receive a response when you are whitelisted.

If you forget to tell us about your partner playing and you trigger deletion mechanics we will be unable to revoke this action.

edit: It saddens me that I have to add this....

We will not be whitelisting your farm or intel province. We look at whitelist applications manually and check login patterns, if we find anything suspicious we aren't going to let it slide. Don't waste everyones time by trying to fool the system - you'll eventually be caught.
    Last edited by Bishop; 24-10-2011 at 12:09.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

updated
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

whitelist now defunct, rules updated.

Thread Information