Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Krozair's Krackup's

As it is Thanks Giving in the USA.....

BUTTERBALL TURKEY TALK LINE
    Over the years, the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line staff has had their share of memorable calls... inquiries that stand out from the crowd because they're amusing or absurd. Here's some of the better ones...

-Roasting a turkey doesn't have to interfere with the daily routine, so said a retired Floridian. He called the Talk-Line for turkey grilling tips while waiting to tee off from the 14th hole.

-Taking turkey preparation an extra step, a Virginian wondered "How do you thaw a fresh turkey?" The Talk-Line staffer explained that fresh turkeys aren't frozen and don't need to be thawed.

-On Thanksgiving Day, a Georgian woman took the "Be prepared" motto to heart. She had just agreed to host Thanksgiving Dinner and called the Talk-Line a year ahead of time for turkey tips.

-A woman called the Talk-Line to find out how long it would take to roast her turkey. To answer the question, the Talk-Line home economist asked how much the bird weighed. The woman responded "I don't know, it's still running around outside".

-No matter how you slice it, Thanksgiving just isn't Thanksgiving without turkey. A restaurant owner in California wanted to know how to roast a turkey for a vegetarian menu.

-A West Coast woman took turkey preparation to extremes by scrubbing her bird with bleach. Afterward, she called the Talk-Line to find out how to clean off the bleach. To her dismay, she was advised to dispose of the turkey.

-After discovering a turkey from 1969 in his recently departed dad's freezer, an Alabama man called the Talk-Line to ask about the best way to cook the 30+ year-old bird. Although the Talk-Line staffer recommended the open roasting pan method to cook most turkeys, this time she suggested that the first step was to purchase a fresher fowl!

-One caller was well versed at walking down the aisle, but not so versed when it came to cooking her Thanksgiving turkey. The caller explained to Carol Miller, a 20-plus year Talk-Line veteran, Thanksgiving with her first husband was a bust since she forgot to thaw the turkey. She blundered Thanksgiving with her second husband when the foil pan she was using bent and slipped out of her hands leaving the feast on the floor. She was hoping the third time would be the charm so she called the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line to make sure she was doing everything right!

-When a Talk-Line staffer asked a caller what state her turkey was in (meaning how thawed was it) the caller responded "Florida".

-A woman in her seventies, cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the first time, called for help because her mother said she was tired of cooking and it was time her daughter learned how to prepare the Thanksgiving meal.

-A proud gentleman called to tell the staff how he wrapped his turkey in a towel and stomped on it several times, breaking the bones so it would fit in his pan.

-Another guy called to tell the operator he cut his turkey in half with a chain saw and wanted to know if the oil from the chain would adversely affect the turkey.

-A disappointed woman called wondering why her turkey had no breast meat. After a conversation with a Talk-Line operator, it became apparent that the woman's turkey was lying on the table upside down.

-Home alone, a Kentucky woman was in the doghouse when she called the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line. While preparing the turkey, her Chihuahua jumped into the bird's body cavity and couldn't get out. She tried pulling the dog and shaking the bird, but nothing worked. She and the dog became more and more distraught. After calming the woman down, the Talk-Line home economist suggested carefully cutting the opening in the cavity of the turkey wider.

-One caller had always cut the legs off the turkey before putting it in the oven thinking that was how you had to cook a turkey. She later learned that the only reason her mum had been doing that was because their oven had been so small that that was the only way to get the bird into the oven.

-A first-time Thanksgiving chef called in tears one Thanksgiving morning. She was so proud to have thawed the turkey successfully and continued to rinse the turkey - with dish soap! The tears started flowing when the turkey wouldn't stop sudsing.

-Then there's the time a lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store but couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked a stock boy "Do these turkeys get any bigger?" The stock boy replied "No ma'am, they're dead".

-A lady from Colorado called about "how to thaw" her frozen Butterball. She proudly shared the fact that her turkey was stored in a snow bank outside. It had snowed the night before and it then dawned on her that she didn't have a clue which snow bank her turkey was in. At that point, the conversation was really over because she was now on a mission to go find her turkey.
    Laughter IS the best medicine - always

YOU THINK ENGLISH IS EASY?

-The bandage was wound around the wound.
    -The farm was used to produce produce.
    -The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
    -We must polish the Polish furniture.
    -He could lead if he would get the lead out.
    -The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
    -Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present
    -A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
    -When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
    -I did not object to the object.
    -The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
    -There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row...
    -They were too close to the door to close it.
    -The buck does funny things when the does are present.
    -A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
    -To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
    -The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
    -Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
    -I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
    -How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Let's face it - English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. English muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France. Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.

We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth, beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese? One index, 2 indices? Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend? If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it? If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables what does a humanitarian eat?

Sometimes I think all the English speakers should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane. In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell? How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which, an alarm goes off by going on.

English was invented by people not computers and it reflects the creativity of the human race, which, of course, is not a race at all. That is why when the stars are out they are visible but when the lights are out they are invisible.

There is this rich Texas rancher who has a 100 meter long swimming pool with a shark in it. He has always said if anyone could swim from one end to the other without being eaten, he would give them either his daughter or his ranch. Well, his beautiful daughter had gone off to art school in New York and brought a nagger classmate home to one of her Dad's big barbeques. Of course, everyone is talking about how ****ed up it is that the rancher's daughter brought a nagger there, when all of a sudden there was a huge splash. Everyone looked, and it was the nagger swimming his black ass off with the shark hot on his trail. At the other end of the pool the nagger threw himself out of the water and lay gasping and panting on the ground. The rancher came up and said, "Well, ****. I am a man of my word, so do you want my ranch or my daughter?" The nagger said, " Neither, I just want to know who pushed me into the pool."
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

What animal is best at playing poker?

The bluffalo!

Yes, thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

Stop it

A young couple got married and went on their honeymoon.
    When they got back, the bride immediately called her mother.
    "Well," said her mother, "how was the honeymoon?"
    "Oh, mama," she replied, "the honeymoon as wonderful! So romantic..."
    Suddenly she burst out crying. "But, mama, as soon as we returned Sam started using the most horrible language - things I'd never heard before!
    I mean, all these awful 4-letter words! You've got to take me home... PLEASE MAMA!"
    "Sarah, Sarah," her mother said, "calm down! You need to stay with your husband and work this out. Now, tell me, what could be so awful? WHAT 4-letter words?"
    "Please don't make me tell you, mama," wept the daughter, "I'm so embarrassed they're just too awful! COME GET ME, PLEASE!!"
    "Darling, baby, you must tell me what has you so upset. Tell your mother these horrible 4-letter words!"
    Still sobbing, the bride said, "Oh, Mama ... he used words like: dust, wash, iron, cook..."
    "I'll pick you up in twenty minutes," said the mother.

An airline captain was breaking in a new blonde stewardess. The route they were flying had a layover in another city. Upon their arrival, the captain showed the stewardess the best place for airline personnel to eat, shop and stay overnight.
    The next morning, as the pilot was preparing the crew for the day's route, he noticed the new stewardess was missing. He knew which room she was in at the hotel and called her up wondering what happened. She answered the phone, crying, and said she couldn't get out of her room. "You can't get out of your room?" the captain asked, "Why not?"
    The stewardess replied: "There are only three doors in here," she sobbed, "one is the bathroom, one is the closet, and one has a sign on it that says 'Do Not Disturb'!"

Quote Originally Posted by Krozair View Post
    YOU THINK ENGLISH IS EASY?

-The bandage was wound around the wound.
    -The farm was used to produce produce.
    -The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
    -We must polish the Polish furniture.
    -He could lead if he would get the lead out.
    -The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
    -Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present
    -A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
    -When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
    -I did not object to the object.
    -The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
    -There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row...
    -They were too close to the door to close it.
    -The buck does funny things when the does are present.
    -A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
    -To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
    -The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
    -Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
    -I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
    -How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Let's face it - English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. English muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France. Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.

We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth, beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese? One index, 2 indices? Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend? If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it? If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables what does a humanitarian eat?

Sometimes I think all the English speakers should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane. In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell? How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which, an alarm goes off by going on.

English was invented by people not computers and it reflects the creativity of the human race, which, of course, is not a race at all. That is why when the stars are out they are visible but when the lights are out they are invisible.
    I like ambiguous jokes :)
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

The wife's back on the warpath again - she was up for making a home movie last night and all I did, was suggest we should hold auditions for her part.

Q: Why did the hipster burn his tongue?
    A: He sipped his coffee before it was cool
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

A teenage boy comes home from school at 7pm and his dad says "Where were you?" "I was with Jessica" he replied. "What were you doing?" "We were studying". After picking a snack off the table the son says "These fishcakes are great". The dad replies "Go wash your hands son, they're donuts".

Lawyer: "Now sir, I'm sure you are an intelligent and honest man--"
    Witness: "Thank you. If I weren't under oath, I'd return the compliment."
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Creme 200 ml (Personal Care)
    After having been told my danglies looked like an elderly rastafarian I decided to take the plunge and buy some of this as previous shaving attempts had only been mildly succesful and I nearly put my back out trying to reach the more difficult bits. Being a bit of a romantic I thought I would do the deed on the missus's birthday as a bit of a treat.
    I ordered it well in advance and working in the North sea I considered myself a bit above some of the characters writing the previous reviews and wrote them off as soft office types...oh my fellow sufferers how wrong I was. I waited until the other half was tucked up in bed and after giving some vague hints about a special surprise I went down to the bathroom. Initially all went well and I applied the gel and stood waiting for something to happen. I didn't have long to wait.
    At first there was a gentle warmth which in a matter of seconds was replaced by an intense burning and a feeling I can only describe as like being given a barbed wire wedgie by two people intent on hitting the ceiling with my head. Religion hadn't featured much in my life until that night but I suddenly became willing to convert to any religion to stop the violent burning around the turd tunnel and what seemed like the destruction of the meat and two veg. Struggling to not bite through my bottom lip I tried to wash the gel of in the sink and only succeeded in blocking the plughole with a mat of hair. Through the haze of tears I struggled out of the bathroom across the hall into the kitchen by this time walking was not really possible and I crawled the final yard to the fridge in the hope of some form of cold relief. I yanked the freezer drawer out and found a tub of ice cream, tore the lid of and positioned it under me. The relief was fantastic but only temporary as it melted fairly quickly and the fiery stabbing soon returned .
    Due to the shape of the ice cream tub I hadn't managed to give the starfish any treatment and I groped around in the drawer for something else as I was sure my vision was going to fail fairly soon.I grabbed a bag of what I later found out was frozen sprouts and tore it open trying to be quiet as I did so.I took a handful of them and tried in vain to clench some between the cheeks of my arse. This was not doing the trick as some of the gel had found it's way up the chutney channel and it felt like the space shuttle was running it's engines behind me.
    This was probably and hopefully the only time in my life I was going to wish there was a gay snowman in the kitchen which should give you some idea of the depths I was willing to sink to in order to ease the pain. The only solution my pain crazed mind could come up with was to gently ease one of the sprouts where no veg had gone before.
    Unfortunately, alerted by the strange grunts coming from the kitchen the other half chose that moment to come and investigate and was greeted by the sight of me, arse in the air, strawberry ice cream dripping from my bell end pushing a sprout up my arse while muttering..." Ooooh that feels good ". Understandably this was a shock to her and she let out a scream and as I hadn't heard her come in it caused an involutary spasm of shock in myself which resulted in the sprout being ejected at quite some speed in her direction. I can understand that having a sprout farted against your leg at 11 at night in the kitchen probably wasn't the special surprise she was expecting and having to explain to the kids the next day what the strange hollow in the ice cream was didn't improve my status...So to sum it up Veet removes hair, dignity and self respect...:)

Be careful during the holiday parties

I would like to share a personal experience with all of you about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from an occasional social session over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails and some rather nice red wine.

Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before ~ I took a cab home. Sure enough, I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my garage.

For the festive season.....

It was Christmas and the judge was in a merry mood as he asked the prisoner "What are you charged with?" "Doing my Christmas shopping early" replied the defendant. "That's no offense" said the judge. "How early were you doing this shopping?" "Before the store opened".
    --
    Tampax are changing their design they are replacing the string with a piece of tinsel... this is for the Christmas period only!
    --
    Christmas is like any other day for me, sitting at the table with a big fat bird who doesn't gobble anymore.
    --
    John, woke up after the annual office Christmas party with a pounding headache and unable to recall the events of the night before. After a trip to the bathroom, he made his way downstairs, where his wife put some coffee in front of him. "Cindy," he moaned, "tell me what happened last night. Was it as bad as I think?" "Even worse," she said. "You made a complete ass of yourself. You succeeded in antagonizing the entire board of directors and you insulted the president of the company, right to his face." "He's an asshole," John said. "Piss on him." "You did" she said "And he fired you." "Well, screw him!" said John. "I did. You're back at work on Monday."
    --
    I got a sweater for Christmas. I was hoping for a screamer or a moaner.
    --
    I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas. "Something that buzzes and is guaranteed to drive me crazy" she replied. So I bought her a pet mosquito.

Thread Information