Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Casualties rate

Casualties rate

Does anyone know what the formulas for casualties are?

I know that it's something like this: = Base Rate * Dragon * Pitfalls * Bribe Generals * Bloodlust * Personality * Hospitals
    But the most important variable, Base Rate, is the one that I don't know, and I was wondering if someone in the community had done research into it and could tell me.
    I think that I remember someone (maybe Bishop) saying that the rates were something like 5% and 7%, but couldn't remember which one was which (and I'm not sure that I even remembered those %s right.)

Not much help, but I remember the thread you're probably referring to. I know Bishop was in on the discussion but don't know if it was him that actually posted it. The person said the base rate was 7%.

i might add to that formula the GBP reductions :D or am i wrong?
    Last edited by gg_simon_gg; 30-10-2011 at 13:55.

I dunno Simon, I'll see if I can get one of our Halfers online during our next war and see the % lost due to attacks and hopefully see if it changes much between attacks.

@Prize - I remember it, but there are different rates for offense and defense.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Good questions there, I was also curious if the amount of defense of your target has an effect on your losses as an attacker.

For example, it would be ilogical for me to lose troops when hitting a province with 0 defense, apart from the minimal acre def (no soldiers or trained army).

Forum Addict
    there may also be some type of bonus for ambush.
    I just ambushed a halfer with emerald dragon and pitfalls on. He had sent 3295 brutes; i killed 812 troops and imprisoned 200. Without some kind of bonus, I don't see how 7% can get all the way up to almost 30%.

Hmm... If losses are 7% and they only had PF and Emerald on, then the losses should have been something like 10.07% It's possible that they had TW on. Peasants die on ambush as well if it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrock View Post
    Good questions there, I was also curious if the amount of defense of your target has an effect on your losses as an attacker.

For example, it would be ilogical for me to lose troops when hitting a province with 0 defense, apart from the minimal acre def (no soldiers or trained army).
    I guess that you could say that defense plays a role in offensive losses, but that's just because normally you send offense based on the opponent's defense

Forum Addict
    weird. i was thinking town watch was a possibility for why it was so much, but those peasants don't actually effect their ambush defense though, right?

They don't defend on ambushes, no, but they do die. I'd call it a bug, but Bishop says that it is intended behavior ;)

That i do!
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

what does GBP stand for?

its a really bad intended behavior and doesnt make sense in the context of the game or otherwise.
    Icy 4 8

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    what does GBP stand for?
    gang bang protection - means the more you get hit the less you lose
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

i explained it to him in PM but just in case others dont know it also caps the amount of aid gets taxed on your province. so more GBP means you can receive more aid then normal with negative TB's down to max 15% gets taxed even with the worse of TB.

also it increases ME so more off and def temporarily.
    Icy 4 8

Thread Information