Thread: Building Effects??

Building Effects??

Please help me understand about this building effects. What is Flat Rate Base,Percent Base Effect,Percent Max? I read Build Table in Guide page but not really understand. Why theres different amount in Hosp, Arms, schools & mills on %base effect & %Max. For banks, the % max is 37.5%, so if I'm using merchant personality & running 50% Banks, is my banks running at 100% or cap at 37.5%?

Thanks.

Okay, there are 3 types of effects that you can get from buildings: Flat Rate, % Based, and Capacity.
    Flat Rate functions much like the name implies; you get a flat rate from each building, but it it adjusted by BE. For example: You have 100 banks at 80% BE = .8*100*25= 2,000 gc
    Percent Based buildings' bonuses are derived from the % of your land that is devoted to it, and they have diminishing returns and are effected by BE. Example: You have 15% banks @ 80% BE = 1.25(Base Effect) * .80 (BE) * 15(% of building) * (100% - .15 (% of building)) = 12.75% bonus to income
    *note* Special exception to that formula are Libraries. They don't factor in BE, but they do suffer from diminishing returns (aka diminishing building efficiency or DBE)
    Capacity buildings, like dungeons and stables, can hold up to x number of units (prisoners and horses respective) per building, and that number never changes.

%-Based Caps: You hit a cap when you devote 50% of your land to a type of building (w/ % based bonuses of course) at 100% BE. Banks, for instance, are capped at 31.25% which would be = 1.25*1*50*(.5)=31.25. This is a hard cap, and no one can exceed it.
    Flat Rate bonuses have no cap.

Rogues and Merchants: Rogues and Merchants have a special bonus to TD and Bank efficiency respectively. To factor this in, you simple calculate for twice the % of TDs or Banks that you have. Caps are still in place for these personalities. A Merchant @100% BE would hit the cap for the % based part of banks @25% of his land. =1.25*1*(25*2)*(1-(2*.25))=31.25%

Regular
    Building Efficiency = [0.5 * (1 + % Jobs Performed)* Stance * Science * Dragon] + Race + Personality

that's in the wiki, should'nt that be
    Building Efficiency = [0.5 * (1 + % Jobs Performed)* Stance * Science * Dragon * Race * Personality] ?
    Last edited by Sharaf; 31-10-2011 at 15:14.

No, Race is added not multiplied and so was Personality when we had one that did that.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    No, Race is added not multiplied and so wsonality when we had one that did that.
    thanks - i was sure it multiplied like be sci.
    always nice to learn something new :)

Cool Ordray, thanks. Now I understand the different. :)

Thread Information