De rien

Why I don't "do anything about it":
    1. I'm lazy
    2. I'm not active enough to post up stories, let alone take care of issues
    3. You seem to be doing that
    ;p

Also, let's watch all the flaming please

Postaholic
    I haven't read all of this thread, and don't intend to, but I do have a few comments.

1. I'm sorry if we accidentally broke a cf by randoming you. Not having an in-game ceasefire is both of our faults, but hitting is obviously our bad. I find it hard to believe that you made a serious effort to contact us to fix it though; if you had we would surely have done so.

2. I'm also sorry if you were in another hostile at the time we declared you. You waved us and we had a fakewar dance, we were in rebuilding mode having replaced a fair number of players and you looked unprepared. It was a good eoa war for us, and hopefully helped get you guys active again too and motivate you for this age even if things didn't go your way.

3. I do agree that this war wasn't really deserving of an article, or if it was the article should have covered our previous war as well.

4. If you would like to discuss reparations for our ceasefire break, I'm still willing to talk. You can find me in #sanctuary or #absalom on utonet or absnet.

~dorje

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    The reality of articles being published with only one side if inevitable and unavoidable. There are a lot of articles where the other party involved dont want it covered then they want their next article covered even if the other kingdom doesnt want to be covered and playing the whole, but it isnt the same card... publish please please please please please please etc

so ultimately if the article is going to be news worthy and develop interest both good and bad it will get published. If that means people get pissed off....people are going to get pissed off regardless so we just need to do what we feel is right and ultimately some people are going to agree or they wont. We cant avoid it. We are trying to cover as many wars as we can and info can always be added later if people change their minds and want something to add.

Also there has been quite a few mentions of our other articles should have been covered etc. Unfortunately I am still trying to build the team up and get a larger group of reporters so that we can find a consistency in terms of coverage. I took on quite a number of people last age but then we all got busy, exams, work and travelling so we cant always be available. It has nothing to do with us not wanting to cover the article.
    Last edited by Mad_Scottish; 06-11-2011 at 14:55.

Enthusiast
    Personally, I feel that an article should be dropped if it can't be out before the age ends (unless there are exceptional circumstances, and this is not one of them).

Sure, there will be articles that will annoy people and involve input from only 1 side, but at some point it becomes an excuse for justifying articles that are, bluntly put, shoddy and put out with minimum effort.

Sure - it's a volunteer thing, but when articles are displayed in the throne room then you want them to be positive, not negative.
    Last edited by inventio; 06-11-2011 at 20:32.

Remove us from throne page all ready!!

I dont see how this is news?

Read what Inventio said!

One of the most annoying parts of this is that we would be happy to tell the story to the news team if they had contacted the leaders and told us they were making an article.
    Not even Jevouse understod you were making an article because he was asked for a comment about the war only. In no way Maddy or anyone else pointed out to us that it would be an article made about the war. If we had known we would have provided the info.

Now its to late, age is over and we are playing a new age. Remove that news ffs!

#?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Theres a rugby player in NZ called Israel Dagg. I went on Wiki and edited it to say that: "Affectionatly known by his close friends as "JizzTrail". Man did I chuckle to myself about that.

Anri, It's already bad enough that your KD's being shone on the bad light in the throne page, but being humiliated is nothing compared to self-humiliating - your responses in here are definitely not matured, and it's hurting your rep like nuts.

There's a reason why military factions in real-life take extreme care when it comes to dealing with the media. You should start to try reading the mood of the news team, and also use a more humble and professional approach when you deal with them.

Though honestly, all this drama made part of me wish that this thread to stay on the throne till the end of age. So since this is merely spoiling my own amusement, let's hope this post isn't being taken seriously by the parties concerned.
    Last edited by radinet; 07-11-2011 at 09:02. Reason: coding fail
    Numbers and strategies are only but a small fraction of what this game is about, yet it's funny to see that players are putting a lot of unnecessary negative emotions into those two aspects and make a big fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by radinet View Post
    Anri, It's already bad enough that your KD's being shone on the bad light in the throne page, but being humiliated is nothing compared to self-humiliating - your responses in here are definitely not matured, and it's hurting your rep like nuts.

There's a reason why military factions in real-life take extreme care when it comes to dealing with the media. You should start to try reading the mood of the news team, and also use a more humble and professional approach when you deal with them.

Though honestly, all this drama made part of me wish that this thread to stay on the throne till the end of age. So since this is merely spoiling my own amusement, let's hope this post isn't being taken seriously by the parties concerned.
    This is not real life dude... The news section will soon get something newsworthy from us. Mark my words!
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by radinet View Post

And what rep are you talking about?

I have no rep <---

If i knew where you played i get you too!
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

This is not real life? You have no rep?

If that's the case, then you should just let the piece of news hang around till the end of age, since bad rep wouldn't hurt someone with no rep. BCOS Y SO SRS.

Double-posting should have been made an offence punishable by internet-spanking. Also, you can come get me, only if you know where I'm playing.
    Numbers and strategies are only but a small fraction of what this game is about, yet it's funny to see that players are putting a lot of unnecessary negative emotions into those two aspects and make a big fuss.

Only rep i would like to have is that people should know that if they hit/wave my KD we will come back for them no matter what.

It is the only reason i play this game and this age its sanctuarys turn. Need something to keep myself going!

RAWR
    Last edited by Anri; 08-11-2011 at 13:13. Reason: feel hate
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I will just contact you directly for any further articles then. I would let people know now that if I am asking about your war be on the assumption it is in regards to an article being published on it. I am not in the habit of going round just asking about wars

Thread Information