Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Thoughts from a Vet

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    The reason why the US (and others) won't put boots on the ground in Somalia is because of the Rwanda failure. We got burnt. NATO is not present with boots on the ground in Somalia btw, nor any other African country. I don't see how that would help either.

Iraq was about oil, Afghanistan was about revenge.

FYI, Saddam Hussein gassed his own people because the US got the Kurds to revolt in the first Gulf War and then left them to fend for themselves. Saddam took revenge on the Kurds, a furious revenge.

Most soldiers on the ground are like you and me, they are normal people who mean to do good. The vast majority don't mean to kill civilians, though military command sometimes don't care whether or not there are civilians present or not. Also, it helps if soldiers don't come from the worst slums because ignorance is extremely dangerous.
    Hmm thats funny, according to NATOs website there are coalition troops boots on ground in somalia currently. And the US does not have conventional troops on ground, but I wouldn't be suprised if they do happen to do UAVs etc or lend help for operations as is the usual game plan with their intelligence community.

NATO is an active and leading contributor to peace and security on the international stage. Through its crisis management operations, the Alliance demonstrates both its willingness to act as a positive force for change and its capacity to meet the security challenges of the 21st century.

Since its first military intervention in the Balkans in 1995, the tempo and diversity of NATO operations have increased. NATO has been engaged in missions that cover the full spectrum of crisis management operations ? from combat and peacekeeping, to training and logistics support, to surveillance and humanitarian relief. Today, roughly 135 000 military personnel are engaged in NATO missions around the world, successfully managing complex ground, air and naval operations in all types of environment. These forces are currently operating in Afghanistan, Libya, Kosovo, the Mediterranean, off the Horn of Africa, in Iraq and in Somalia.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Militaryman View Post
    Hmm thats funny, according to NATOs website there are coalition troops boots on ground in somalia currently. And the US does not have conventional troops on ground, but I wouldn't be suprised if they do happen to do UAVs etc or lend help for operations as is the usual game plan with their intelligence community.

NATO is an active and leading contributor to peace and security on the international stage. Through its crisis management operations, the Alliance demonstrates both its willingness to act as a positive force for change and its capacity to meet the security challenges of the 21st century.

Since its first military intervention in the Balkans in 1995, the tempo and diversity of NATO operations have increased. NATO has been engaged in missions that cover the full spectrum of crisis management operations ? from combat and peacekeeping, to training and logistics support, to surveillance and humanitarian relief. Today, roughly 135 000 military personnel are engaged in NATO missions around the world, successfully managing complex ground, air and naval operations in all types of environment. These forces are currently operating in Afghanistan, Libya, Kosovo, the Mediterranean, off the Horn of Africa, in Iraq and in Somalia.
    Also forgot from another website-New York Times-
    The Pentagon has organized occasional Special Operations strikes to take out wanted Somali terrorist suspects — the Shabab have drawn increasingly close to Al Qaeda — and the American government is paying contractors to train African Union troops in the ABCs of urban combat. But the official American policy is no boots on the ground, which goes for the French as well, who have also bombed Shabab camps.

My Red Skin is showing

Dear Ryshad,
    if you believe that there's a man on the moon...

What a damn joke that people can sit on their high horse an make morale judgements about people and things they know NOTHING about. Get out from behind your computer an go see for yourself whats going on in the real world, then maybe we can have a realistic conversation about morals. Oh, wait ... I suppose you aren't suppose to be there either though are you?
    For me it goes beyond a morale judgement, I dont believe for one moment that the sacrifices made by me and my family in wars did anything to help us and our freedom. My family has fought for the Crown since they first were invited and allowed to sit with us in Secwepmc'Uluc now known as the canadian Shuswaps to most. We were subsequently adopted by Queen Ann as allies to the crown and to this day remain, although the Crown stands in dishonour. I grew up in 3rd world conditions seeing atrocities that you claim not to exist on home soil. These conditions and cultural genocide are still an ongoing battle here in Canada. There is a reason no canadian has a deed to land and until we the allies to the crown and custodians of the lands here are gone, there will be no deed within the current system. So our freedoms are limited... but i digress.
    I think what it boils down to is "Which way is up" and who decides. Which way is up seems to be a simple answer when you look at where you stand but halfway around the world up is in a completely different direction. When you understand where we sit in the universe you can see that UP isn't really a static direction. It all depends on where you stand. The only morale judgement I see being made is on whether we have business trying to change what's up for others elsewhere in the world, when we have coporations dictating what are freedoms are. The Bill of Rights doesn't give us freedoms it only lists what no man can take away from us. If you believe that fighting over sea's changes that, then I would like to know how. so basically Ryshad... What's Up?
    Last edited by Chromemagnonman; 19-01-2012 at 20:04.

Stop Communism in Viet Nam; help the people of South Viet Nam; **** 'em all, our troops
    Nam was a big **** up US couldnt do ****, thou it was in the interest of US to "help" if there werent any profit for US they wouldnt give a ****.

Iraq would go on the things that US cared about that's not their own personal goals.
    Yea, so how long did Saddam reign in terror? If it was for the interest of Iraqi people why didnt they act and dispose of him as soon as possible? ... Yet it was under a veiled excuse of "war on terror" ..

This thread makes me very sad. i understand that everybody has the right to share their opinions, but this is just depressing.

I get depressed when I see ignorant patriots too
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

You are a fool.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryshad
    I was one of those 'killers' that helped insure you continue to have the right to vote, an bad mouth the country AND the service men/women that protect you.And just so you know - YOU elected those people that sent me overseas to do the things THIS nation felt needed to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryshad View Post
    Yes, I am aware I am considered a terrorist in several other countries. And they are welcome to come apprehend me an hold me accountable for my actions any time they feel froggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryshad View Post
    You know what, if you think America so bad just save us all the hassle an leave. You have that right you know.
    Reading stuff like this makes me cringe in utter disgust.
    Last edited by Avenger; 27-04-2012 at 21:17.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

lol

lol what you didn't think morons like these were arround.They are the ones that talk trash about us but will be the first to cry for help when something happens. My guess in time thier stupidity will kill them at some point. Im more worried about the American idiots then the other guys/ lucly i think the American idiots are a small minority so no big deal. These people remind me of an idiot playing with a loaded gun.
    I honestly couldnt care less what happens to you people. Another hitler comes to power or if the russians deside to turn you into a suburb. I hope our governemnt lets you get over ran before they do anything.What do you people think is stopping it from happenning. It isnt you, the site of you would only encourage an invasion.Its the fact that we the people you hate may show up and stop it.

Me i wouldnt mind just closing up our boarders pulling back our millitary and watching you people kill each other. Hate to tell you but you're the bottom of the food chain you will be the first to go

Thread Information