Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: halfling cleric

It's too easy to disable a Merchant's bonus. Cleric is still greater in war.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Wouldn't that depend on the player though and not the personality? If you are that easily robbed and that easily affected by spells, I'd guess your TPA and WPA is in some serious need of adjusting.

Well, if you're A/T, then you're not going to be able to run a high enough WPA to stop an A/M or T/M from FB'ing all of your peasants. Of course you could kidnap them back, but that requires you to use your stealth for keeping your economy afloat instead of doing more serious damage.

Okay, that makes sense *nods*. I've enjoyed the merchant personality many times during war but I'm guessing I never ran across a KD that could effectively disable the personality.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    kuhan: Did u know most (i want to say all but ill include the ghettoest) kds only war when theyre prepared, aka looking for war? So that negates ur entire second argument.
    danrelle: kuhan is saying that non merchants are farms

People war when they are ready - merchant makes you ready faster maybe but it does not give you better numbers.
    First of all, I did not claim kuhan said non-merchants are farms. I know what he said.
    The statement: kds war only when they are ready, implies that if they are waved before they are ready, they cannot reply properly. Thus being farms. We seem to agree that merchants would be unprepared, so vulnerable, for shorter periods of time.

Secondly, Merchants put up better numbers than Clerics.
    That is easy to see. Cleric persona saves you some building space for Hospitals, but do not modify your population in any way.
    Merchants save some space for Banks, but also directly modify the number of peasants you have. (for the purposes of income) Since Merchant can achieve the same income as Cleric with lower numbers of peasants, it is clear they can train and put up better numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Danrelle View Post
    First of all, I did not claim kuhan said non-merchants are farms. I know what he said.
    Then what is the below statement supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Danrelle View Post
    So you mean when they are not prepared they are farms? Like, for long stretches of time, if not Merchant? Oh... that explains so much.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

@ Danarelle
    The thing is that halfler cannot build hospitals which lents the combi of halfler cleric some credibility as cleric negates the single major drawback halflers have which is no hospitals.

Enthusiast
    I'm clearly aware that Halfer can't build Hosps. oO

The point is, ppl exaggerate this "drawback". It is clearly possible to build a successful Halfer province without Hosps - as Rogue, Merchant and Sage Halfer players have proved repeatedly.

If ever there was a Race on which one shouldn't build Hosps, Halfers are that Race. (apart from UD, ofc) Good thing they can't build them. It usually makes ppl play them in an optimal way and therefore run better provinces.

Cleric is a massively powerful personality for Heavy Attackers. Particularly those who play semi-suicider strats, as most ppl like to do these days. It actually enables viable semi-suicider strats on some cool Races. (Orc/Cleric is just as good at suiciding as UD/Tact, if not better, for instance)
    But Cleric is a waste on Halfers and Halfers are a waste on Cleric. Imo.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    It's too easy to disable a Merchant's bonus. Cleric is still greater in war.
    Really?How?

riot doesnt work on merchant but it works on cleric. Greed and fb work on both but I bet the first one doesnt have money to pay wage and army out is cleric.Merchant will have money to built building in war while getting chain hard or while growing which is essential when getting chain to avoid overpop and fast pump while growing.

I dont know about halfling but other race that can use hospital, cleric only save a few more troops then merchant(since merchant got better BE with science).The only good thing about cleric is reawaken soldier.But most of the time merchant can pay 200% wage all war while cleric need to reduce it to 50 to army out in long war.

Post Fiend
    You are wrong, if you could build hospitals on halfling/rogue/merchant/sage and are playing A/T then you should.

If playing a/T then maybe not. however sage and rogue are clearly the best for a/T, and cleric the best for A/T. Why the **** would you chose merchant?

Really?How?

riot doesnt work on merchant but it works on cleric. Greed and fb work on both but I bet the first one doesnt have money to pay wage and army out is cleric.Merchant will have money to built building in war while getting chain hard or while growing which is essential when getting chain to avoid overpop and fast pump while growing.
    Fb a merchant and the 30% income bonus gives you pennies
    Last edited by The Imp; 14-11-2011 at 16:32.

Merchant mod really helps when modding 500 peasants doesn't it? You're using Cleric on races that can get hospitals to one that can't and saying that because the difference in losses is relatively small, then Merchant is better on Halfer.
    Since you don't think that I can disable a Merchant bonuses relatively easily, then I'm assuming that you've never run into a KD with strong mages. I can stop a Merchant in its tracks with chastity, storms, greed, FBs, and MS. How do you counter Cleric's bonus? Pitfalls and BG only counter so much of the bonus, and since Clerics will have a higher number of troops in war they will take quite a bit more NS to bring down.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by The Imp View Post
    You are wrong, if you could build hospitals on halfling/rogue/merchant/sage and are playing A/T then you should.

If playing a/T then maybe not. however sage and rogue are clearly the best for a/T, and cleric the best for A/T. Why the **** would you chose merchant?

Fb a merchant and the 30% income bonus gives you pennies

You should learn to read carefully. I argue about merchant personality not half/merc thats why I said

Quote Originally Posted by dream2 View Post

I dont know about halfling but other race that can use hospital, cleric only save a few more troops then merchant(since merchant got better BE with science)..
    Halfling/rogue is the best A/T and maybe half/cleric>half/merc.But for other race merc is one of the best pers. And please stop with fb thing, I get fb while being merchant and I do get fb before being merchant and I suffer more while not being merchant since it will make my income negative and I have nothing to pay wage.And how many mystic you need to fb to completely make 15 merc prov penniless?

A couple of Faeries and a few Elves would do the trick.
    Actually, you'd suffer more as a Merch since you have no other bonus to fall back on.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    A couple of Faeries and a few Elves would do the trick.
    Actually, you'd suffer more as a Merch since you have no other bonus to fall back on.
    You got your point, maybe thats why a good merchant tend to have more wpa. But peasant can be earn back instantly by atking or kidnap right?And I actually doubt a couple of faery and a few elf can disable 15 merc province.

Post Fiend
    You should learn to read carefully. I argue about merchant personality not half/merc thats why I said
    So should you. I said if a merc gets fbed they get pennies. It works across the board.

Thread Information