Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Scripted Attacks lead to deletions

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar

UF NEWS: Scripted Attacks lead to deletions

There were several kingdoms that were involved in this matter. The instigating kingdom behind the whole event appears to be the kingdom under the tag of Switzerland and it all started with a province, RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR.

The first kingdom to be bounce waved by several kingdoms including RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR of Switzerland was HeadBangers Ball. April 7th YR0 utopia time, a province from HeadBangers Ball made a hit which lead to RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR double tapping the province:

April 7 of YR0 RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR invaded Megadeth and captured 216 acres of land.
    April 7 of YR0 RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR invaded Megadeth and captured 119 acres of land.

The situation got busier for HeadBangers Ball on April 9th. A kingdom with no tag, which has also been fully deleted began unprovoked razes on HeadBangers Ball. They landed 16 hits in total before they were deleted subsequent to those provinces being reported for cheating. Headbangers Ball believe that given the fact Switzerland were also deleted after the events of the hits, that the hits from RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR and the razes from the other kingdoms were all inter-connected.

Things did not stop there as Switzerland moved on to another province. The kingdom of Hide Everything were next on the menu for mass bounces and hits on their bank. The scale of the attacks on Hide Everything completely dwarves the number of hits on HeadBangers Ball.

Summary from Hide Everything:

Total Attacks Made: 12 (540 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 12 (540 acres)
    Total Attacks Suffered: 90 (1284 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 5 (994 acres)
    -- Raze: 11 (290 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 74 (82.2% failure)

Total acres exchanged: -744 acres (12/90)
    +161 acres: Erotic Eclairs (3/0)
    +117 acres: Luscious Lychee (3/0)
    +94 acres: Coquettish Coconuts (2/0)
    +64 acres: Titillating Teiglach (1/0)
    +33 acres: Anonymous province (1/0)
    +8 acres: Foxy Fondue (1/0)
    +3 acres: Jazzy Jello (1/1)
    +0 acres: Lusty Lollipops (0/1)
    -17 acres: Cutey Cupcakes (0/1)
    -1207 acres: Slutty Sundaes (0/87)

54 kingdoms were involved, with what was clearly scripted provinces across the server being used to attack Slutty Sundaes of Hide Everything. Slutty Sundaes had been the largest province for land on the server before the attacks. Each hit apparently took around 500 def specs and the defence of Slutty Sundaes went from 200k+ to 50k after the atacks. With the defence that low RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR was able to come in and triple tap the province. This was that provinces last involvement as it was subsequently deleted.

It is clear to this reporter that the province of RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR is the one behind the whole situation which has had a large impact on the the kingdoms that were targetted.

It highlights an issue with the fact that it is meant to be more difficult for scripted provinces to be created. However, thanks must go out to Bishop who took time on sunday to sit and delete these provinces. Once it was brought to his attention he was able to deal with the matter quickly and the provinces that were used to raze and attack the kingdoms of Headbangers Ball and Hide everything have been deleted.

If anyone that was involved has anything to add to this let me know and I can add it in! I hope everyone enjoys what is a slightly different article than just war reports!!
    Last edited by Mad_Scottish; 11-11-2011 at 12:01.

Just a minor point (posted in another thread)

In an ideal world our system will be secure enough that we can stop scripting (and cheating in general) before it occurs. This is the route the developers prefer to go down. We have plans for (or already have implemented) signup throttling, updated blacklists, pre-account creation automatic validation of IPs, province IP interaction blocking, to name a few. We are already collecting metrics on how these measures will affect the playerbase, and we hope to have more news on them soon.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

54 kingdoms 0_0
    Icy 4 8

Post Fiend Drop Dead Sexy (DDS)'s Avatar
    Someone got too much time in thier hands, do we know the ruler name for rrrrr errrrr ? Might help identify him.
    DDS;
    Been everywhere and back.

Ruler Name: The Wealthy Queen Cat
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Thats what you get for harrassing poor Catwalk all those years!

Post Demon
    tragic. so very tragic

Post Fiend
    Switzerland clearly did not want remain neutral in any way!
    lol.

This article does not make any sense, I've read it twice now and I can't understand some of the sentences.
    They landed 16 hits in total before they were deleted subsequent to those provinces being reported for cheating.
    Clearly a bunch of provinces were deleted because the word DELETE occurs 7 times. Fantastic, we all know how Bishop likes to use that delete button.
    But were they ever even verified as cheating or scripting? The article completely fails to mention that the involved provinces were actually cheating.

It is clear to this reporter
    sure it may seem "clear" that provinces were cheating but I still haven't seen any proof. A reporters job shouldn't be to conjecture, rather the reporter should interview someone (Bishop) about the validity of the circumstances.
    Last edited by golfer44vip; 09-11-2011 at 17:14. Reason: occurs

Gotta agree with Golfer44vip.

Could add more to it, but ill leave it with Golfer44vip?s post.

But were they ever even verified as cheating or scripting? The article completely fails to mention that the involved provinces were actually cheating.
    They were deleted, isnt that proof enough? Or do you doubt the guilt of a person thats been found guilty as well? I mean, he might be innocent, you know... or not.

sure it may seem "clear" that provinces were cheating but I still haven't seen any proof. A reporters job shouldn't be to conjecture, rather the reporter should interview someone (Bishop) about the validity of the circumstances.
    Why do you need to see proof? Do their guilt depend on if you see proof or not, i thought the most important that the people who uphold the law see the proof and acts acordingly.

Im not even going to say any jokes. This is just sad, whoever created those scripted provs really needs to get a life. Its one thing being bounce waved by real provs, but using scripted provs crosses the line imo. Really sucks for whoever was playing that bank prov.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

The clue is in the article title.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by golfer44vip View Post
    If you saw the news and the provs involve it would seem "clear" to you. A bunch of provs from 50 something kingdoms who are all like 500 acres attack the same prov at the same time. That doesn't sound fishy to you?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop
    The clue is in the article title.
    Article Title: Scripted Attacks lead to deletions

Scripted attacks? My kingdom logs onto IRC at the same time to wave, that's scripted. It's planned. PMing a bunch of ghettos to overtake a bank is just as plausible as someone defying all the current cheat-detecting systems. No?

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    They were deleted, isnt that proof enough? ... Why do you need to see proof? Do their guilt depend on if you see proof or not...
    Why do I need to see the proof? I thought the article would prove that there WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE who scripted over 50 accounts, circumventing all the current anti-cheating mechanisms, and successfully pwned a bank.

If there's no proof to support the fact that they were cheating, then they weren't cheating.

At face value, this article is a cool story about how Bishop logged online Sunday and deleted everyone because a top KD got pwned and reported the cheaters.

Proof adds substance to the article, and maybe even some credibility to those running the game.

Sad people. I clearly do not get this. It's a game, you win by being better than someone else. Not by your skills of creating a script :s
    Also, the ones doing this, should understand that it doesn't do well for the game itselve either...
    /me shakes head

Thread Information