Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Scripted Attacks lead to deletions

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by tpyo View Post
    Possibilities:
    1 - 50 scripted provinces
    2 - 1 guy talked to 50 provinces and said "yo what up let's all bounce this guy" and they said "yaa ok, I don't really have anything better to do with my army lololol"
    3 - 1 guy talked to 100s of provinces and 50 of them said yes. Did you get a message from him? Or anyone else you know from utopia? I guess he probably didn't.
    4 - 50 provinces randomly decided to bounce the guy, some of them were like "oh ****, my attack worked, so cool!"
    You forgot one.

5 - A magical wizard from Narnia stubbed his toe and in his pain accidentally shouted a spell which caused 50 accounts to be created, ran the same way, and bounce wave one unfortunate target.

We as the Utopia community need to travel to Narnia and make this wizard pay!

Bishop, he saw no evidence provided in the article of cheating, only allegations, and hence questioned the validity of the allegations. Seems fairly rational to me. I really have no interest in what the actual events were, and I certainly believe you did what you felt was proper -- I have no doubts of that. I merely wanted to express my appreciation for people in this forum -- and in Utopia in general -- who actually are able to, or put the effort into, properly articulating their thoughts.

Mad Scottish was reporting facts - he doesn't have to (and actually cant provide) direct evidence.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by GSX1300R View Post
    Bishop, he saw no evidence provided in the article of cheating, only allegations, and hence questioned the validity of the allegations. Seems fairly rational to me. I really have no interest in what the actual events were, and I certainly believe you did what you felt was proper -- I have no doubts of that. I merely wanted to express my appreciation for people in this forum -- and in Utopia in general -- who actually are able to, or put the effort into, properly articulating their thoughts.
    Deletions are evidence of cheating. His thought were wrong, so why would you appreciate them?
    S E C R E T S

Bishop, I don't expect Mad Scottish to provide direct evidence. Just as I don't expect anyone to put golfer44vip's response down simply because he expressed his thoughts. I don't have anything against what Mad Scottish wrote -- other than the fact that it is written in generally poor English. As I said, my praise to golfer44vip's posts has very little to do with what I feel is right or wrong about the article.

You are more than welcome to offer your services as a reporter with your superior use of the English language.
    S E C R E T S

DHaran, that I must disagree with. Unless you've re-invented the meaning of evidence, the deletions in no way proves the cheating. Once again, I don't doubt that the deletions were justified and necessary, and I have no problems with there not being any actual evidence provided. Administrators control the game as they see fit, and that's the way it should be, but please don't insult our and your own intelligence by saying that "deletions prove cheating".

I just love it when people criticize free stuff and folks who volunteer their time.

DHaran, you assume that I want to, and I have no idea why you would. Since that's an entirely different topic, I suppose there really is no use to continue the discussion in this thread.

I like to post
    GSX1300R, Admins wont go "random delete" if they don't have good reason/evidence. Second there never was in past 50 "random legit provinces" to attack same time another top prov for no reason. Its possible EOA 2-3 provinces to attack for fun n1 province but its all and EOA.

Quote Originally Posted by GSX1300R View Post
    DHaran, that I must disagree with. Unless you've re-invented the meaning of evidence, the deletions in no way proves the cheating. Once again, I don't doubt that the deletions were justified and necessary, and I have no problems with there not being any actual evidence provided. Administrators control the game as they see fit, and that's the way it should be, but please don't insult our and your own intelligence by saying that "deletions prove cheating".
    The deletions obviously show that there was cheating - also my posting in the thread confirming the additional actions we are taking to stop scripters is clearly tacit approval of this article.

Let me say it again - deletions like this indicate the breaking of the games rules. Specifically in this case the provinces deleted were all scripted and played on public proxies.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

How is there an argument here that admin deletions don't prove cheating? Am I being trolled?
    S E C R E T S

Goodness. Do people not know how to read?

Elitbg, I have not accused the administrators of "random deletions", nor have I stated that the situation involved "50 random legit provinces". In fact, I stated quite the opposite. I believe that the deletions were justified and necessary, and I believe the administrators acted properly in the given situation.

Since it seems that it is difficult to avoid confusion and misinterpretation of my intentions, allow me to clarify.

I think Utopia is a great game. I appreciate what the administrators are doing to help maintain a wonderful game community. I think it's fabulous that someone is volunteering time and effort to put into providing information and casual reading. I apologize if I've offended anyone, as that was not my intention.

We can read fine, specifically the part where you stated deletions are not evidence of cheating, which is incorrect.

/me shrugs
    S E C R E T S

So, if I beat the crap out of you, DHaran, that would be evidence that you insulted me? Interesting theory.

I'm sorry. I promise to get out of your hair on this topic now.

Thread Information