Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Scripted Attacks lead to deletions

Regular
    cheaters never win, thank you bishop and company for keeping us safe!

Quote Originally Posted by GSX1300R View Post
    So, if I beat the crap out of you, DHaran, that would be evidence that you insulted me? Interesting theory.

I'm sorry. I promise to get out of your hair on this topic now.
    So.. if you get convicted for a crime that doesnt make you guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by GSX1300R View Post
    So, if I beat the crap out of you, DHaran, that would be evidence that you insulted me? Interesting theory.

I'm sorry. I promise to get out of your hair on this topic now.
    No, because there doesn't have to be a relation between insults and violence. There does, however, have to be a relation between admin deletions and rule breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    So.. if you get convicted for a crime that doesnt make you guilty?
    Not the best analogy considering wrongly imprisoned people over the years :P This situation is more like concrete DNA evidence tho.
    S E C R E T S

delete
    thing i wrote was prolly said before

lol much more than the 1 page i read

Hide your pass, hide your users, Versace is gunna hack everything.
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    No, because there doesn't have to be a relation between insults and violence. There does, however, have to be a relation between admin deletions and rule breaking.
    Fail.
    There is zero difference between the logic of both these examples. They're both cause --> effect logic scenarios.
    Cause: You insult my mother. --> Effect: You get beat up.
    Cause: You break a rule. --> Effect: You get deleted.

Both cases start with the assumption of the Effect. You cannot integrate the Effect to find a specific Cause without more information (in calculus, a constant term).

I was not trying to hate on Bishop or mad_scottish. I was simply expecting details regarding a very disturbing situation and I expressed that. When I specifically asked for proof or details, since the article lacked both, it's a game of cat and mouse. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop
    I can confirm that these provinces were all deleted as a result of breaking the games rules and were most likely scripted. I can't believe I had to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by puppy101
    It was later confirmed that these provinces were played by public proxies.
    I don't know where puppy101 got his information but I need to visit that part of the community. It's clear from this article and spiteful moderator responses that they are unwilling to provide worthwhile information here.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntico View Post
    Hide your pass, hide your users, Versace is gunna hack everything.

Wonder what is ABS politic for hack account in your own kd? Maybe you deserve punish and GB now :P

Quote Originally Posted by golfer44vip View Post
    Fail.
    There is zero difference between the logic of both these examples. They're both cause --> effect logic scenarios.
    Cause: You insult my mother. --> Effect: You get beat up.
    Cause: You break a rule. --> Effect: You get deleted.

Both cases start with the assumption of the Effect. You cannot integrate the Effect to find a specific Cause without more information (in calculus, a constant term).

I was not trying to hate on Bishop or mad_scottish. I was simply expecting details regarding a very disturbing situation and I expressed that. When I specifically asked for proof or details, since the article lacked both, it's a game of cat and mouse. Why?

I don't know where puppy101 got his information but I need to visit that part of the community. It's clear from this article and spiteful moderator responses that they are unwilling to provide worthwhile information here.
    Wrong again. Sure those are causes and effects, but in this case there is only ONE cause for deletion, and that is breaking rules. It's a worthless analogy that doesn't apply at all.

Admin does not release detailed information regarding other people's deletions, never have and never will. It was clearly stated they were deleted for breaking the rules, and verified by admin, this is indisputable evidence as far as reporting is concerned. You are grasping at straws. If you have proof they weren't cheating and would like to call into questions Bishop's credibility, we'd love to see it. Otherwise you are making ridiculous statements.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by puppy101 View Post
    It was later confirmed that these provinces were played by public proxies.
    (I was being sarcastic)

Options 2, 3 and 4 are not possibilities, as they wouldn't be breaking rules and then get deleted. I swear you people frighten me sometimes with your fail-logic.
    oh true, didn't think of that

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You forgot one.

5 - A magical wizard from Narnia stubbed his toe and in his pain accidentally shouted a spell which caused 50 accounts to be created, ran the same way, and bounce wave one unfortunate target.

We as the Utopia community need to travel to Narnia and make this wizard pay!
    It's probably this one then

I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier. By creating banks, the top kingdoms are putting all their eggs in one basket.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Ruler Name: The Wealthy Queen Cat
    Oh gawd, I think I know who she is. I don't think she would cheat. I'd bet she was just looking at the top land targets to make hits. She hit 2 provinces right? The first was after the target province had armies out. The second was after the defense was beaten down on the target. If she was looking at targets and saw a big land fat province with no defense maybe it just looked ripe so she took advantage? I know it sounds like a stretch but if it is the person I'm thinking of then I don't think she would cheat.

Regular
    In this article: HeadBangers Ball is Sanctuary, Hide Everything is Sonata-trollfaggs, I guess it was their intra-kds deal... 8)

Someone saw that Realest was threatening Sanc in the forums and wanted to even up the playing field perhaps.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by tpyo View Post
    Possibilities:
    1 - 50 scripted provinces
    2 - 1 guy talked to 50 provinces and said "yo what up let's all bounce this guy" and they said "yaa ok, I don't really have anything better to do with my army lololol"
    3 - 1 guy talked to 100s of provinces and 50 of them said yes. Did you get a message from him? Or anyone else you know from utopia? I guess he probably didn't.
    4 - 50 provinces randomly decided to bounce the guy, some of them were like "oh ****, my attack worked, so cool!"

wow how could anyone just assume it was 50 scripted provinces, didn't they think of the other 3 possibilities??? jeez, I guess this site is run by a bunch of scrubs, golfer you should apply for president of utopia

occum's razor brah

How is there an argument here that admin deletions don't prove cheating? Am I being trolled?
    Deletions only proves that an admin **THINKS** some kind of cheat happened - it does not prove the cheat REALLY happened.
    It does not even prove that every admin agrees that a cheat happened.

That's the difference
    Last edited by Rago; 11-11-2011 at 04:05.
    Simians FTAA!

Thread Information