Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Scripted Attacks lead to deletions

Lol...gota love it......

Delete the cheating bastids......

This was very amusing......

Recap the Rules page linked from the Lobby :-

Account Suspension/Deletion

Your account may be suspended, modified or deleted at any time for any reason, with or without notice to you. In the event of suspension, modification or deletion of your account, you will not be entitled to a refund of any prior amounts that have been paid by you to purchase credits for your account. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most account suspensions/deletions are the result of violations of the Code of Conduct.
    While province deletion is not account deletion, it is however a form of account modification. And as the admin has the right to suspend, modify or delete our accounts with or without our notice, therefore the admin can act even though he is just 'thinking' (or technically, suspecting) that someone is cheating or/and violating the Code of Conduct.

Also regarding the evidence you sought of - the most explicit, cut-clear form of evidence in this case to prove that they are cheating are by game logs. Disclosing such evidence also discloses the personal information of the ones involved, which may lead into violating the privacy of the people involved.
    Numbers and strategies are only but a small fraction of what this game is about, yet it's funny to see that players are putting a lot of unnecessary negative emotions into those two aspects and make a big fuss.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by br3nt00 View Post
    occum's razor brah
    It's amazing how many people failed to see sarcasm when the post was dripping with it.

Anyway, about the evidence being sought by some people, you should know by now that you won't get it. They have never released information on why people get deleted. If you ask them on behalf of a friend/kd-mate, they tell you to have the friend/kd-mate contact them. If you ask about someone else's deletion, they tell you it's none of your business and they don't discuss deletions. It's been that way for a very long time. So to expect them to change their stance and give you the concrete proof that you are asking for is stupid.

look guys, I ain't even mad. Why the **** do all you have your panties in a bunch?
    The End of an Era

'show proof of cheating' = let the cheaters know exactly how we caught them so they can avoid it in the future.

last age i had one of the top provs on the server, this was going well with nice solid defence and a good offence until a certain bunch of 'players' decided my land looked good.
    plunders and learns by several provs (much bigger in much bigger kd's) resulted in my defence being wrecked....cue follow up hits from smaller allied kd's that would never have been able to break me, result being my prov halved in size and almost useless due to the massive military losses.
    now, i obviously have zero proof that any of these cheated as such but they obviously worked together simply to wreck someones age with well timed, organised attacks.
    my question now is, could they be accused of being scripted or would the timing of the attacks prevent this?
    similar scenario to the opening topic, but one reason that a lot of people are getting sick of the game.

ps: maddy's use of english can be explained easily by the fact he is scottish---the clue is in his name :P
    '...and the Meek shall inherit the earth.'
    anon 2112

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    let the cheaters know exactly how we caught them so they can avoid it in the future.
    omgwtfpawnt lol

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I would reply to the things that have been said but apparently I can't write in english.

dont let the gramma nazis get to you!! =)

we cant all be born with a posh brittish accent and a tea bag up our asses! =)

Id like to say thx for the work you do, and the time you put in to make this forum more interresting.

Personally i have enjoyed reading most of the articles you and the news team has put out so fare, and i think its great you bother to do it!!!

<3 keep up the good work.

edit: and just to leave out any doubt, and awoid anyone stealing the glory=) this is ofc directed at mad_scottish, but also serves as praise to the rest of the news team.

Ill even give a shoutout to the mods, alltough i sometimes wish they would communicate a bit different, i appreciate the work put into keeping the forum and game running=)
    Last edited by sarwahir; 11-11-2011 at 13:31.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Scottish View Post
    It is clear to this reporter that the province of RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR is the one behind the whole situation which has had a large impact on the the kingdoms that were targetted.
    Quality journalism here, making unattributed statements. You couldn't interview a mod or developer to verify that they were cheating? Great story idea, poorly executed. I know you are a volunteer but you should put 5 minutes more effort into the story to make it comprehensive coverage.

Did you miss the part where i said he was right? The provs were scripted.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Why does this article praise Bishop and suck up to him? He's the one who chose to volunteer to do what he does, and the last I checked, the people affected by this haven't been given back what the cheating took from them. What Bishop did literally didn't help those people at all. No wonder we can't keep new players in this game ... massive large scale cheating goes on, and the forums are circle jerk praising the team for finally catching it when FIFTY FOUR KINGDOMS were used in the cheating.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Did you miss the part where i said he was right? The provs were scripted.
    Did you miss the part where the journalism is suspect? You prov my point completely. It would have taken him less than 5 minutes to catch you on IRC and ask you some questions about the situation and quote you instead using his own opinion and speculation. It is not a journalist's job to speculate. Regardless, I am glad that you have verified that RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR was the mastermind of all the provinces, but wasn't it all done by a single person? So that sentence only serves to confuse the reader, which is why only facts should be included in the report. If he had an opinion on it, then he should have written a seperate editorial.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be a dick, I would just like to see a little bit of improvement in the reporting. Obviously you can't please everyone, but at least we can strive to improve our practises.
    Last edited by coboss; 11-11-2011 at 14:36.

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I did catch him on irc and I did ask him about the scripting and the provinces and the links etc.

You point stands though. If there are any future articles I will state that I tracked down a mod and they confirmed etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaNub View Post
    Why does this article praise Bishop and suck up to him? He's the one who chose to volunteer to do what he does, and the last I checked, the people affected by this haven't been given back what the cheating took from them. What Bishop did literally didn't help those people at all. No wonder we can't keep new players in this game ... massive large scale cheating goes on, and the forums are circle jerk praising the team for finally catching it when FIFTY FOUR KINGDOMS were used in the cheating.
    You are absolutely right. Bishop should have let those scripted do their thing without deleting them.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Big up for Bishop doing this stuff despite getting rubbish like this:

Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaNub View Post

Thread Information