Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese whaling

Post Fiend
    sharks are not stupid!

the Japanese whaling fleet is (at times) inside Australia's territorial waters while performing their 'scientific research' - i think that the Australian Defence Force simply hasn't reacted because to do so might then begin a war (we should just send them a Ruby Dragon :-)

as far as killing things based upon intelligence - that is rather foolish as it would be a lonely world with everything dead

my adversion to what they are doing is simply the act itself, not based upon imaginary borders between countries

sharks are not stupid, i agree, they are brilliant creatures i say
    Last edited by scorpio86; 11-11-2011 at 13:45.

The eradication thing was a joke. I don't support killing anything for any reason, other than natural needs. Honestly, I'd support the whalers more if they were just killing them as a food source, rather than trying to mask it with 'in the name of science'. I have the same issue with laboratory rats, honestly. Something born and bred, just to be injected with all kinds of various substances seems...dubious at best.

If they want to get an idea of what kind of effects this crap (everything ranging from animal venom to biological agents) has at different dosages on humans, they should be testing it on humans...preferably those who volunteer. I'm sure they could find all kinds of voluntary candidates by screening suicide hotlines.
    "I don't hate you, I'm just removing an enemy..."
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

probably not suicide hotlines

better to test it on convicted rapists and evil doer's, people on death row

Why not? It's perfect. There's no chance of killing someone who was wrongly convicted, and there's no prisoner's right group to have to listen to cry about it. You could even use inspiration themed commercials if you fail to get enough sign ups from hotlines.

"Do you feel completely worthless? Feel like your life isn't going anywhere? Constantly depressed and thinking about suicide? Well, suicide is not the answer. If you have just completely given up on finding any joy in life, there's still hope. Sign up today for research that will benefit all of mankind. In your final acts upon this Earth, you could prove to be the hero that saves millions of lives by helping scientists learn exactly how various biological weapons and toxins affect the human body. Be a hero in your final hours. Call today."
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Enthusiast
    I wish people would put as much effort into protesting the Japanese overfishing of tuna (and others)...which is on a far larger scale than whaling.

Take a visit to Tsukiji Fish Market and you can see where the real problem lies.

i shall decline that invitation inventio, i understand what you are saying however

Post Fiend
    Shark finning is the worst problem........... THEY ARE THE OLDEST SEA FISH

I wouldn't say that any of them are a major problem. It's been a while since any species was hunted into extinction. The fact is that as the human population grows, natural resources will be further tapped to keep up with demand. That's just how it works. The only real solution to any of this is birthing laws, and I don't know too many people who would be keen on such.
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

i am pretty sure Mother Nature has her own solution to human overpopulation

i see them as major problems simply for what they are, horrid

there is no need to use explosives on whales, unless the whales are attacking you

Post Fiend
    Many species sharks are facing extinction gallowmere http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8117378.stm

I was very specific when I said 'hunted to extinction'. I have no doubt that there are many that are Threatened or even Endangered.
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Post Fiend
    Plus the way the fins are cut off and the live shark thrown back into the sea to die is inhumane. Long line fishing also leads to the death of thousands of other sea creatures like turtles

thats nothing compared to the waste with quotas.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    i think the worst part of it is that they claim it is in the name of science, i think there are many alternatives for food sources - McDonalds is one of them.

greenpeace are acting for the right reasons, their only fault is that they are human and prone to occasional bouts of idiocy.
    speaking of which those burgers are one big reason for the destruction of rainforests
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Thread Information