Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese whaling

Like I said, if they are in another country's waters, then yes they should be expelled, however that is up to the government in control of that area, and no one else...especially not some jackass harassing people on the boats who are just trying to make an hourly wage. You've had a job I'm sure. You're just trying to make a living. What your bosses do with your work after you've done it, generally isn't your concern.
    "I don't hate you, I'm just removing an enemy..."
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

i never said it was, i just think it is a shame whales are being exploded and chopped up under the false pretence of science.

i say good on greenpeace, the rainbow warrior and all of them - at least they are standing up for what they beleive in. i have seen the footage of the asians with giant blades slicing the whales apart while they are still alive, the whaler's should be imprisoned or shot for such cruelty.

just my opinion.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 09-12-2011 at 09:37. Reason: damn typos

if we shot all the whales it would solve the rising sea levels. for example put your hand in a bucket of water, and then remove it.. see what happens there.. no problem melting ice cap.

Post Fiend
    what i can say is, if they do it for food, it's what every living things do, but if they kill it for any other ****, then go to hell with whatever reason they come up with.

I had never thought of that ReturnoftheJedi :-)

So ... the Japanese whaling fleet is trying to save the world? Now i see!

:-)
    Last edited by scorpio86; 03-01-2012 at 10:56. Reason: damn typos
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

I think the Sea Shepherd guys are doing a good job with public awareness. In order to get onto the six o'clock news they must be idiots and barge harpoon vessels and board Jap gov ships and create international tension. They are doing a huge amount of good just by getting people aware, something that Greenpeace does not do at all. I bet most of you in this thread would not even know that whaling still exists in the antarctic if the Sea Shepherds did not do what they did over the last few years.

For a while I thought that all they do is anti whaling stuff, but a recent visit to the Steve Irwin in Darling Harbour has enlightened me on their full scale of activities. They actually do allot of stuff off camera, they help many species of sea life that are unfairly fished. They sabotage static fishing nets all around the world on a yearly basis and a bunch of other shenanigans that is never shown on the news. In fact they have sunk a total of 11 'enemy' fishing boats/ships since they started.

However, I do not like the bias view of whales as being superia to any other mammal. What about the 1000's of Australian gov sanctioned, weekly killings of kangaroos? Allot of them with babies on board. Yes whales are endangered and kangaroos are in plague proportions but I think whales are given to much support. There are literally 1000's of endangered mammal species that we just dont seam to care about. Should whales be treated differently just because they are big and live in the sea? //end rant
    Last edited by BiGs; 11-01-2012 at 20:37.

sea shepherd makes me sympathetic to the Japanese whalers, is that their goal?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

They are creating awareness of what's going on. Regardless of what a few randoms think, Bishop, the majority of the public are against whaling and against the Japanese actions in general. They are feeling the pressure. Pressure that would not be there without the sea shep actions on camera and the news. I too feel sympathy for the fishermen that are just working their trade, but you can't allow things to happen just because an innocent is the front man. Imagine if we did this with past events?

I think the focus of this thread is more on the Japanese government subsidies in place to support the whaling fleet every year. Government backed corporate greed of the slaughter of endangered animals just to continue a tradition is what I disagree with.

lol at Bishop.

No.

Their goal is stand up actively for something they passionately beleive in, which is a rare trait amongst modern humans.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Sea Shepherd did more damage to the cause than good. Paul Watson is an absolute idiot.
    ^^ truth has been spoken.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    ^^ truth has been spoken.

Indeed. I don't see why killing whales and seals for food is so frowned upon in the US. Anyone seen the Japanese Whaling episode South Park had? It was brilliant, just brilliant.

We kill cows and chickens for food, why not whales and seals unless they are an endangered species? Hypocricy...
    ABS vs Rangers

Regular
    sea shepherd makes me sympathetic to the Japanese whalers, is that their goal?
    I agree with that, have the same problem over here.

I think Japan should stop whaling, even when only for a certain period, so the number of whales can rise.
    But before they do i would love to see them sink all them environment polluting Sea Shepherd ships with all them idiots on board and turn them into an artificial reef.
    That would be a genuine win-win situation for the environment.

stoffi it is the fact they are doing it under the guise of scientific research and killing them in a butcheress and painfull manner that bothers me, also that is sis being done 'out of bounds' in Australian waters. Greenpeace are simply trying to stand up for a cause they beleive in, if i were the Prime Minister i would back them up with the Australian S.A.S troops.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    stoffi it is the fact they are doing it under the guise of scientific research and killing them in a butcheress and painfull manner that bothers me, also that is sis being done 'out of bounds' in Australian waters. Greenpeace are simply trying to stand up for a cause they beleive in, if i were the Prime Minister i would back them up with the Australian S.A.S troops.
    Australian waters??

You sure about that?
    You have any clue what is considered to be Australian waters?
    Or where the Japanese are hunting

Common problem with environmental activists, they tend to judge without having a clue what they are talking about.

Yes i am sure.

I never claimed to be an environmental activitist.

Regardless of the territory issue i am simpy against the practise, for what it is in it's current form.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 13-01-2012 at 20:31. Reason: i added a bit
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Thread Information