Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese whaling

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Its not like we know that you know what you are talking about since you dont provide any sources for your claim. Oddly enough only Stoffi seems to do that..
    Well, you can google on the topic "Ross Sea" and notice that area definatly isn't Australian Territorial Waters.
    I could post a link to the wiki site, but didn't bother doing that cuz info is so easily found.

People should bother gathering their own info instead of just accepting things 1 person claims to be the truth.

I stand by my opinion. Each to their own.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Regular
    ps.
    I'm not allowed to post links for my post count should be 10 or greater and i'm stuck at 8 now.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    Repeating the same post over and over again usually is considered to be SPAM on most forums i know.

Regular
    And since previous post was my 10th post, now i can post links.
    So here we go.

In case you really think a link is important and its to much of an effort to search yourself.

Article
    In this article Australia's attorney-general, Nicola Roxon, states it happened in international waters.
    Hence, the fleet isn't in Australian Territorial waters.

If you wonder where those Australian Territorial waters are, just google and you get many pictures showing that region.
    I however guess scorpio considers all water south of Australia to be Australian Territorial waters and therefor has no clue about the meaning of territorial waters which is only maximum 12 miles from the countries baseline.

If you want a link on that easy to find topic to: Territorial waters

Better?

If you read back you shall see that, regardless of issues of territory it is the manner in which the whaling is done and the fact it is done under the guise of scientific research that bothers me.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 14-01-2012 at 16:28. Reason: i added a bit
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Regular

If you read back you shall see that, regardless of issues of territory it is the manner in which the whaling is done and the fact it is done under the guise of scientific research that bothers me.
    Doesn't matter, you claimed Australian military should attack them cuz they are doing it in Australian territorial waters and repeated it despite being suggested it wasn't a fact.
    That merely shows you have no clue at all what you are talking about and don't even bother finding out either.

Just 1 google search after my first response and you would have found out you were wrong, despite you repeated it several times.
    That is just ignorant.
    But thats common policy amongst environmental fanatics.

ps.
    Stoffi, i loved the SouthPark episode to.
    It's so rediculous, yet so accurate.

Well i am not an environmental fanatatic so i wouldn't know, i never claimed to be an expert, i am just voicing my opinion and asking for other's upon the subject. Japanese whaling fleets do operate in Australian waters at times.

Simply because my opinion differs to yours does not mean that it is baseless, i think that shooting whales with explosive tipped harpoons, dragging them onboard to be chopped up whilst still alive is an abhorrent act and doing so under the guise of science is simply WRONG

That is my opinion. Each to their own.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 14-01-2012 at 16:59. Reason: damn typos
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Forum Addict
    Simply because my opinion differs to yours does not mean that it is baseless, i think that shooting whales with explosive tipped harpoons, dragging them onboard to be chopped up whilst still alive is an abhorrent act and doing so under the guise of science is simply WRONG

That is my opinion. Each to their own.

Well, it is baseless when you claim again and again that whales are butchered and cut apart alive. It's simply not true, as I have shown you several times.

You have an opinion, but it's based on false information. You're claiming the Earth is flat. Well, it's not, it's round. Whales are NOT chopped up while alive, they die immediately because the harpoons EXPLODE on impact. But as with sheep, cows, chicken, turkeys and any other animal we eat, some animals are not instantly killed, but the butchers do what they can do make it go quick and right.

Your opinion is based on false information and therefore I cannot respect it. Ignorance is another word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshound View Post

ps.
    Stoffi, i loved the SouthPark episode to.
    It's so rediculous, yet so accurate.

One of my favourite episodes. :) I wish more americans and other whale hypocrites would watch it and understand it.
    ABS vs Rangers

Each to their own.

I never claimed the earth was flat.

Whales are NOT all killed instantly.

My opinion is that whaling is cruel and unecesary, it is done by the Japanese under the guise of scientific research and it is quite often carried out in Australian territorial waters. These are facts.

I tire of repeating myself continually to people who seem only wishing to 'pick arguements'.

Each to their own opinion.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 14-01-2012 at 23:00. Reason: i added a bit
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Forum Addict
    Each to their own.

I never claimed the earth was flat.

Whales are NOT all killed instantly.

My opinion is that whaling is cruel and unecesary, it is done by the Japanese under the guise of scientific research and it is quite often carried out in Australian territorial waters. These are facts.

I tire of repeating myself continually to people who seem only wishing to 'pick arguements'.

Each to their own opinion.
    No, there is no each to their own opinion when someone claims grass is blue. Yes, the japanese should say it as it is, you are right there, but no more whales than chicken, turkeys, cows or deer suffer. That is FACT, it's not an opinion, it's how it is.

You can of course think it unnecessary to hunt whales, that's an opinion I respect. But don't base your opinion on false information, 9 out of 10 whales are killed right on impact, 1 out of 10 need an extra shot. :)
    ABS vs Rangers

What is with that. Seriously.

Why do people qoute so very much?

My post was the most previous one, it is directly above yours? It seems all people do is qoute and snipe.

YES there is 'each to their own opinion', i never made claims about the colour of grass. I have worked in abbottoirs, livestock are killed instantly either with an electrical charge or an air gun, in some places they have their throats cut. Whales are impaled with a explosive tipped harpoon and dragged out of the ocean to be chopped apart, quite often whilst still very much alive.

How the 'ahem' do you know 9 out of 10 whales are killed outright?

You are simply arguing for the sake of it. EACH TO THEIR OWN OPINION DUDE.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Well, it is baseless when you claim again and again that whales are butchered and cut apart alive. It's simply not true, as I have shown you several times.
    I skimmed through the thread so might missed, but i didnt see a single shred of evidence supporting your claims and numbers of whales die in Japan. You provided some links to Norway which is hardly relevant in this discussion as you can read per topic its "Japanse whaling"

You have an opinion, but it's based on false information. You're claiming the Earth is flat. Well, it's not, it's round. Whales are NOT chopped up while alive, they die immediately because the harpoons EXPLODE on impact. But as with sheep, cows, chicken, turkeys and any other animal we eat, some animals are not instantly killed, but the butchers do what they can do make it go quick and right.
    Yet again, no proof provided from you, show it, then you can go back to accusing other people of having false information.

Just one google away and I can see how whaling in general seems very inhumane to hunt.

http://www.ifaw.org/ca/our-work/whales/cruelty-whaling

Why do people qoute so very much?
    Its easier to follow the discussion if you know who the person adress or what topics in a post it adresses.

You are simply arguing for the sake of it. EACH TO THEIR OWN OPINION DUDE.
    No, thats just who cant argue anymore and lack arguments then you go around spouting some nonsese about "each to their own opinion". Fight for your beliefs instead of getting steamrolled each time.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I skimmed through the thread so might missed, but i didnt see a single shred of evidence supporting your claims and numbers of whales die in Japan. You provided some links to Norway which is hardly relevant in this discussion as you can read per topic its "Japanse whaling"

Yet again, no proof provided from you, show it, then you can go back to accusing other people of having false information.

Just one google away and I can see how whaling in general seems very inhumane to hunt.

http://www.ifaw.org/ca/our-work/whales/cruelty-whaling
    A lot of proof has been given, by linking to the Norwegian Government. Your link on the other hand, is not a source, it does not provide any documentation for its claims and it's a propaganda site. Give me statistics.

Also, just one google away and I can see how eating animals in general seems very unhumane. There will always be mistakes and there's million on millions of incidents every year of other animals than whales suffering, such as cows, chicken, turkeys, deer, etc etc.

Also, even that propaganda url you post, which does not provide any documentation for its claims, does NOT agree with Scorpio86. They do NOT claim whales are chopped up alive.

So, yet again, Scorpio86's opinion is founded on false information and really can't be respected. He bases his opinion on whales being chopped up alive and that most whales die a horrific death. This is simply not true. 9 out of 10 Norwegian whales die on impact. I would assume the Japanese are somewhere close, but there is no bulletproof way to hunt an animal and sometimes death will take longer, be it whale, deer, chicken or cow.

Repeating something over and over again doesn't make it true unless you document it with real sources.
    ABS vs Rangers

Thread Information