Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UF News: Simians KLA vs Fury of Absalom

UF News: Simians KLA vs Fury of Absalom

While looking for a wave target, Simians KLA came across Fury of Absalom. Observing that Fury had adopted a dice build with some armies out, they commenced their wave on Fury with 17 hits on March 2 YR1. Utilizing dwarf's capability for swapping builds at practically no cost, Fury switched their builds for war while minimizing their land lost by ambushing Simians's orcs and sending a few hits into Simians. A ruby dragon was also received by Simians from Fury while in hostile:

March 12 of YR1 A Ruby Dragon from Fury of Absalom has begun ravaging our lands!

Fury took 30 hours to fully convert from the first hit they received. Following which, they declared war on Simians KLA and accompanied this with a ruby dragon, as Simians had slain the first:

April 8 of YR1 Fury of Absalom has declared WAR with our kingdom!
    April 8 YR1 A Ruby Dragon from Fury of Absalom has begun ravaging our lands!

Simians left the second ruby drake untouched as Fury's economic advantage indicated that they would be able to fund another dragon if necessary. Wanting to maximize the gains and military losses advantage they had, Simians gifted Fury with an emerald dragon which was slain 4 hours after it was received.

March 18 of YR1 A Emerald Dragon from Simians KLA has begun ravaging our lands!

Simians opted to chain from the get go and focused their hits on Fury's halflings that oversent, as well as dwarves with high offense. Fury started off with controlling the top tier, which was dealt with by Simians fireballing Fury's larger provinces to prolong the building of unbreakables. According to Simians, most of Fury's large provinces were on 5k peasants or less, which had a negative impact on their economy. This statement was disputed by Fury, which stated they had several large provinces with plenty of peasants. NM/NS runs were also utilized against Fury's larger dwarves which proved to be key in allowing Simians to hit Fold, Fury's killer.

Fury's advantage over Simians lay in the fact that they were able to lead with a war wave whereas Simians had their armies spread out from hostile. They utilized semi chains and directed their economic advantage toward building unbreakable provinces and making safe hits in order to control the top tier. During the war, mid-tier acres ended up transferring to the larger provinces of Fury, and gains began drying up for Fury. Stating this to be disadvantageous to their age goals, Fury cited these reasons as being paramount to their choice to withdrawal.

Fury states at the end of war, 8 provinces had achieved the status of unbreakable, as they were making safe hits with armies out. Simians countered this with the statement that only 3 provinces were unbreakable at the end of war.

July 4 of YR1 Fury of Absalom has withdrawn from war. Our people rejoice at our victory!

HOSTILE SUMMARIES For the period of March 2 of YR1 to April 7 of YR1 (30 hours)

** Hostile Summary from Fury of Absalom **
    Total Attacks Made: 36 (4331 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 31 (4021 acres)
    -- Ambush: 3 (310 acres)
    -- Massacres: 2 (2815 people)
    Total Attacks Suffered: 89 (10514 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 64 (9234 acres)
    -- Ambush: 19 (1280 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 6 (6.7% failure)

** Hostile Summary from Simians KLA **
    Total Attacks Made: 87 (10402 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 62 (9122 acres)
    -- Ambush: 19 (1280 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 6 (6.9% failure)
    Total Attacks Suffered: 37 (4372 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 32 (4062 acres)
    -- Ambush: 3 (310 acres)
    -- Massacres: 2 (2815 people)

WAR SUMMARY For the period of April 8 of YR1 to July 3 of YR1 (68 hours)

** War Summary from Fury of Absalom **
    Total Attacks Made: 283 (22936 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 251 (21834 acres)
    -- Ambush: 21 (1102 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 11 (3.9% failure)
    Total Attacks Suffered: 203 (17234 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 158 (15441 acres)
    -- Ambush: 36 (1793 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 9 (4.4% failure)

** War Summary from Simians KLA **
    Total Attacks Made: 203 (18688 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 155 (16684 acres)
    -- Conquest: 3 (211 acres)
    -- Ambush: 36 (1793 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 9 (4.4% failure)
    Total Attacks Suffered: 283 (21058 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 251 (19956 acres)
    -- Ambush: 21 (1102 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 11 (3.9% failure)

Comments
    Fury declined the opportunity to comment.

Comment from Chuck of Simians KLA
    Thanks to all my Simians for following orders and keeping activity up. Thanks to Fury for a good war.

P.S. Thanks to both kingdoms for so graciously providing me with the info for this article.
    Last edited by clarey; 17-11-2011 at 04:48. Reason: Formatting
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

tl:dr

first odd

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Enthusiast
    oddmeister is odd
    The Elf Mystic
    Flaming stupid people since 1999

Regular
    Oddity of oddities, all is oddity.
    Last edited by Jevouse; 17-11-2011 at 04:04.

Regular
    Missed 1 loc...where you pasted the line from the news about the emerald dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by macil22 View Post
    Missed 1 loc...where you pasted the line from the news about the emerald dragon.
    serves me right for copypasta-ing, thanks for spot.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

GG Fury.

Regular
    Holy crap. Fury loses 6K in Hostile, then goes and takes like 5.7K (4.2K approx. incl. pool?) during war ... Out-hitting Orcs ftw.

Congrats to the Fury crew for putting last ages performance behind them and coming back out swinging. Good to see you guys doing well again. Goodluck for rest of age.

Thanks for a good write-up Clarey, hopefully we get to see you do a few more!

odd

Simians prepared, waved, and gave button, earn 6k in hostile.

Fury ambush back, convert, gave 2 dragons, slain dragon, declared, earn 4-5k back.

War summary shows it's quite a good and almost even war.

Good job on both kd.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by macil22 View Post
    serves me right for copypasta-ing, thanks for spot.
    Woe to anyone who eats puppy101's spaghetti!

Good article clarey
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I'm missing the part where Simians claim there were several biggies on very low def and about to get farmed.
    I thought Simians saw this as Furies reason to wd.

Don't shoot me for this, I know nothing about this war other than what is said in another thread.

edit: Ow it was 1 prov
    Last edited by Scavenger; 17-11-2011 at 12:32.

Regular
    Great, well-formatted and objective article. Would love to see more of these, keep it up dude!

We did not prep at all. Spoilers gave us 3k free acres and we were farming acres like mad to even get in range to the top. We did not stock gc or runes and we were poorly trained compared to them. Our only bonus was the fact that we were orcs and we had converted to GS with all incoming land prior to waving Fury. We just saw our chance to wave absaloms dice kds. We did our best to stop absalom and have them convert and get into war-gear instead of dicing away and then bottomfeed on entire server.

Like to point out that Fury declared and withdrew from war. That they outhit us in war was not strange at all when they both declared and ended the war when they wanted. On top of that they had several much larger provs that tapped. Slaying and sending dragons when having unbreakables and a calf/killer was not strange. Being dorf merchant KD they were much richer and better trained compared to us that was smaller orcs.

The outcome of the war we never had any doubt about. The 3.6k acre province Fold (killer) was down on 70k def somewhat before we had our wave coming. (We had spread hits and decided to gather all attackers to wave at the same time) They withdrew just before wave started. If they had withdrew 2-3h later the summary would be looking way different. The other bigger provs would have came down one after another also.

Just saying, there is reasons to why one withdraws from war. The tide was turning and Fury lost. Thats what its all about.

Wish that next time Simians war it wont be weekend and i wont be in copenhagen trying to attack from hardrock cafe wiki-spot while being ****drunk.

I like to thank the news-team and Clarey for making a good article. Both sides got to say what they wanted and be a part of it this time. So ty!

Overall happy about things. Seems both kds got what they wanted if you should hear them out. (not like they wanted to stay in dice mode and be 50k plus acres instead of going even with us and lose a war, having spread out nw and forced to convert into warbuilds). lol
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    I'm missing the part where Simians claim there were several biggies on very low def and about to get farmed.
    I thought Simians saw this as Furies reason to wd.

Don't shoot me for this, I know nothing about this war other than what is said in another thread.

edit: Ow it was 1 prov
    For the life of me, I cannot figure out how Fury somehow shows themselves as up 5702 acres as compared to our papers showing 2370 in war...that's a huge jump and cannot possibly be from explore pool gains.

Thread Information