Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Anticheat Measure Going Live Today

New Anticheat Measure Going Live Today

If you would like to comment on the new cheat prevention measures please do so here so we can gather opinions and ideas in one place - thanks.
    Last edited by Bishop; 02-12-2011 at 12:22.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Postaholic
    I am sorry but i dont seem to remember what the new anticheat measure is.. Can you please give a wee bit explanation??

click link in initial post
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Regular
    Edit: I had a feeling that not mentioning the measures was intentional, but I was wrong.

:)

News Correspondent
    Based on the examples, it is safe to assume that if a husband and wife were to be in the same kd, one can be T/M while the other can be Attacker and not be caught in the net? Otherwise, we may have to change our strategy midwar.

Right, they would be blocked from interacting - if they target different provinces they have no issues.

please tell me that in war you can target the same province and send aid and so forth.
    Icy 4 8

As I just said, they would be blocked from interacting

in war time when provinces ban together to chain or op the same target for a specific goal, it wont be allowed?
    Icy 4 8

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Well, that would be like saying "You're blocked from cheating now (except in war)!"

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    in war time when provinces ban together to chain or op the same target for a specific goal, it wont be allowed?
    If I understood correctly it will not be allowed if all outgoing attacks of your KD stem from provinces connected via the same IP address. Otherwise there's no problem.

ok im playing dumb on purpose here. you seriously are going to stop people that are whitelisted, legitimately whitelisted as they are multiple people playing the same game, from interacting with each other or similar targets IN WAR which is kinda mandatory in war time. why not lift the restrictions in war and make whitelisting harder then?
    Last edited by Bishop; 02-12-2011 at 12:54. Reason: no advertising
    Icy 4 8

These messages tell you that the action you were trying to perform in-game was blocked because either:

You have directly shared an IP address with the province you are attacking or aiding
    You are attacking a province who has recently been attacked by other provinces that have shared IPs with you.

ok im playing dumb on purpose here. you seriously are going to stop people that are whitelisted, legitimately whitelisted as they are multiple people playing the same game, from interacting with each other or similar targets IN WAR which is kinda mandatory in war time. why not lift the restrictions in war and make whitelisting harder then?
    Hit someone else, not a big deal.

Postaholic
    Since I'm no native English speaker and I want to be sure about this.
    - The whitelist is now defunct = there is no more whitelisting?

During weekend I'm at a friends place. We play both in a different KD. Till now I used my mobile to connect with the internet and play uto, since I didn't want to be deleted.
    So now I can use his computer and internet connection without a problem or whitelisting first?

(just to be 100% shure :))

News Correspondent
    so here are some examples:

A)KD T/M squad(including the husband) nightmares the crap out of a single target then NS the target to the ground.
    KD Attacker's Squad(Including Wife) Chains said target. Can the wife still attack?

B) Wife Attacks Target A in war, Husband then proceeds to gather intel on Target A for the purpose of 2nd Attacker to hit, Allowed or not?

C) Husband Aids Target A, Wife also wants to Aid target A, permitted?

Or is just just a big blanket ban on any sort of interaction.

Thread Information