Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Anticheat Measure Going Live Today

Strategy is always based around game rules, just like FW being removed this age. Always allowed before, no longer legal. Adapt, there are ways to still be effective. I would still welcome an active couple into my kingdom without hesitation.
    S E C R E T S

First, just because you claim something doesn't make it true, DHaran. We NM as a kingdom. We rely on brute ability to win wars. My kingdom's strategy cannot tolerate a useless province when we are targeting individual provinces, so you've essentially put me in a system where 25 provinces can not operate in a uniform manner. You are basically telling me I can only use war strategies that are divisive and built around separating two people who play in the same kingdom because they want to play with each other.

Second, I think it is punitive to punish those who failed to keep up with game anti-cheating developments within the game. What is this: a game about keeping up with the developer's blog? A game about avoiding the repercussions of being tagged by anti-cheat measures when nothing you do is regarded as cheating? Believing I should have been responsible for guessing the behavior of your top secret new anti-cheating system back in freeze time is absurd.

Third, I don't think you're capable of being polite. I would greatly appreciate it if you would stop harassing me with your rude manner. Please ignore me from now on, DHaran. I would prefer to deal with another moderator if one is available.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ForumMan View Post
    Well after reading all these questions and responses, I will not be putting further money into this game.

Loki, your situation is understandable. Working in IT, I'm not impressed with the implementation....sorry guys. no more money from my pockets.
    I just wanted to express i'm not giving any more money into this game either. I didn't want to to start with, but I'm in a kingdom where activity matters, and we really needed a sitter, so I caved in. No longer. Not in a game where everyone is a cheater, guilty, until proven innocent (and from what bishop says, you can't prove yourself innocent, which is why this system was put in place).

See my previous post loki. And yes keeping up with game changes is the responsibility of the player, ESPECIALLY when it's a game rule. Important enough to be posted on the Throne page so every single player can see it upon login.

As for being rude, again feel free to contact other mods if you feel I'm being rude. I am allowed to have opinions, and when I'm asked a question I answer to the best of my ability, such as:

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15118927
    Last edited by DHaran; 02-12-2011 at 20:20.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Strategy is always based around game rules, just like FW being removed this age. Always allowed before, no longer legal. Adapt, there are ways to still be effective. I would still welcome an active couple into my kingdom without hesitation.
    Which couple would like to play together if they can't interact with each other?

Utopia Seraphim | All-in-One formatter
    seraphim [ at ] home-world.org | irc.utonet.org -> #seraphim

They can interact within the kd, forums, chat, strategy discussions, teaching, learning, etc.
    S E C R E T S

My questions were addressed to and in response to Bishop, so you technically weren't asked a question. I have talked in PM about my feelings about you, but now that you are persisting I am telling you I would really appreciate it if we could cease communicating now.

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    They can interact within the kd, forums, chat, strategy discussions, teaching, learning, etc.
    Hey, great!
    "Dear, send me some food before tick, or my people will starve!"
    "Sure, honey, lemme just call our monarch first, so I can send him the food which he will send to you afterwards!"
    Yeah, indeed, INTERACTION WITH THE KINGDOM will be inevitable.
    Teaching and learning in a kingdom in which everyone knows their place, more then that - an irc active kingdom, is pretty much useless as suggestion from you. Strategy discussions happens in IRC as well. Good thing B&S has no powers there, we might have got hanged for speaking in our private channels.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Eus, you went from this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eus View Post
    It's not "me against him", it's "us against them".
    to this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eus View Post
    Which couple would like to play together if they can't interact with each other?
    A kd can easily make their strategy work around certain situations like this. The couple won't be able to help each other directly. They will be able to help their kd and their kd will be able to help them. That's always been the philosophy of utopia and that's still the way it is. God forbid a couple has to rely on their kd mate to put PF up or get intel for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Eus, you went from this...

to this...

A kd can easily make their strategy work around certain situations like this. The couple won't be able to help each other directly. They will be able to help their kd and their kd will be able to help them. That's always been the philosophy of utopia and that's still the way it is. God forbid a couple has to rely on their kd mate to put PF up or get intel for them.
    Yes Palem, that's how a kingdom functions. What I meant was that why would a couple want to play in the same kingdom, if they are limited in their interaction with each other. Yes, they can interact with the rest of the kingdom, however, I can't see how sending aid to each other and getting intel for each other gives us any advantage compared with any other regular active kingdom. Or top kingdom.... with their "friends"....

Interaction within the kd is far more important than interaction outside of it IMO. Not being able to send Aid is about as trivial a matter as anything mentioned in this thread.

For some reason the focus remains on how this SLIGHTLY affects a very SMALL number of players, rather than the drastic good it does to prevent cheating.
    S E C R E T S

Yeah. I could make my kd's strategy work by going from an organized strategy to ghetto style warring. Thanks, Palem. Thanks for your wise words. They really hit the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by loki EQ View Post
    Sure, Bishop. Let's just pick one off the top of my head. I've mentioned I don't read the throne links because you guys put too much content there that isn't newsworthy. I also am not under any obligation to read them as far as I know. So, my question is do you still feel I am at all responsible for your system completely decimating my kd's strategy and burdening us with needing two new invites and two new players?

One other question... I have 18 credits currently with my account. Is there any way to get a refund on that money? I would like to spend it somewhere else like at the post office on some stamps.
    If you don't read the announcements then that is your own issue. You failed to read messaging in place for over a month that would have helped your kingdom.

Refunds idk - email support and i can find out.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by loki EQ View Post
    Yeah. I could make my kd's strategy work by going from an organized strategy to ghetto style warring. Thanks, Palem. Thanks for your wise words. They really hit the spot.
    What is your kingdom's strategy that is so drastically damaged, if you don't mind me asking? I'm serious, not antagonizing you loki.
    S E C R E T S

delete

Thread Information