Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: New Anticheat Measure Going Live Today

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Since I'm no native English speaker and I want to be sure about this.
    - The whitelist is now defunct = there is no more whitelisting?

During weekend I'm at a friends place. We play both in a different KD. Till now I used my mobile to connect with the internet and play uto, since I didn't want to be deleted.
    So now I can use his computer and internet connection without a problem or whitelisting first?

(just to be 100% shure :))
    The whitelist is gone, since its no longer required. Logging in from someone else's pc looks exactly like xlogging and xlogging still incurs deletion.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

News Correspondent
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    The whitelist is gone, since its no longer required. Logging in from someone else's pc looks exactly like xlogging and xlogging still incurs deletion.
    So you mean to say, without any prior notification that it will happen today that suddenly whitelist is gone, affecting all whitelisted players who are currently in war and our options are to either delete or defect to stop from being flagged as xlogging?

Edit: and also that we will lose the war now due to missing people?
    Last edited by FinalFantasyWorld; 02-12-2011 at 13:01. Reason: adding details

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    It is a good measure to bring in place although the interactions in war is going to be a bit of a drama. Kingdoms chain targets and target the same targets with ops to make it more effective and to better bring provinces down in a quick fashion. As a monarch, thankfully I dont have anyone that is whitelisted, but it will be seriously annoying having to get someone to hit another target for the sake of them not getting the access denied message.

If may work out in terms of how kingdoms pick their targets because they can have the other people hit the 2nd target etc but it will just bring in an annoying dimension to the game from an organisational perspective.

Postaholic
    So husband and wife who use same computer can be considered as x-logging aswell? Than why the restrictions of attacking and all?
    And if I bring my laptop and use his internet?

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFantasyWorld View Post
    So you mean to say, without any prior notification that it will happen today that suddenly whitelist is gone, affecting all whitelisted players who are currently in war and our options are to either delete or defect to stop from being flagged as xlogging?

Edit: and also that we will lose the war now due to missing people?
    We told you guys over a month ago - if you take a look at the blog post it also references the post where we announced this was happening. You need to deal with not being able to hit the same targets is all.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Seriously, if the game devs are trying to force out the last remaining legit couples, this is ONE MAJOR STEP towards that thing. I mean..... ARE YOU FOR REAL!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

So far I have been fine with every single dumb change the devs were doing, hoping it's for the better, but tell me - now that my kingdom is in war and we are hard chaining kingdom (23 attacks on the same province on the last chain) do we have to change kingdom tactics because the devs can't think of a better solution to catch cheaters? Oh, right, we should buy extra IP addresses from our providers to be able to play a game.

Do you think you will reduce logins via proxy servers this way? I am thinking you'll rather increase them, as you are making people use proxy servers to be able to interact with their own kingdom. That's lame. Why don't you try to fix the server downtime issues for a change? We all know you've been fixing those for a while now (ever since you got the "new code" in).

Please, provide the couples with a way to PROVE to you they are a real couple and get them into sort of a whitelist again. I want to be able to help my wife, as she would like to be able to help me when needed. Lately she was needing help in getting intel (she is orc attacker, I am human a/t) and with this change it means it wont be possible to help her get the intel. That's utter lame....

Utopia Seraphim | All-in-One formatter
    seraphim [ at ] home-world.org | irc.utonet.org -> #seraphim

Post Fiend
    I agree with EUS.... Cheating is a problem and needs to be handled, but you need to go about it in a way that doesn't cause people to leave a dying game. You guys are really REALLY messing up BIG TIME here.

This is by the far the 100% worse change EVER made. This is not only going to cause people to quit because they can't play anymore in the same kingdom (yes there are legitimate husband/wife combos or even roommates) BUT it's going to destroy logging on from your cell phone. This is a TERRIBLE way to fix a problem.

Don't fix a problem by causing 20 more. VERY VERY STUPID

I've seen this system in other games too and it's really no biggie once you're used to it.
    Good leaders adapt to new situations. It's not even close to a complete overhaul of tactics.
    Don't exaggerate imo.
    Last edited by Scavenger; 02-12-2011 at 13:38.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I say we go back to not allowing more than 1 person play from the same house because apparently we've forgotten that playing with people we live with is a luxury.

Post Fiend
    That's not my biggest concern... my biggest concern is killing cell phone play. Lots of people rely on using their cell phones to play

Post Fiend
    An faery spams everyone with MS and riots in war. Their spouse in the same kingdom will then just need to attack oow. No big problem. This is a pretty stupid system. It is already hard to find players to fill up a kingdom.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    This won't kill cell phone play. This doesn't have any effect on cellphone play at all as far as my understanding goes.

Interactions from same IPs are blocked - if you don't interact you aren't blocked.

News Correspondent
    We told you guys over a month ago - if you take a look at the blog post it also references the post where we announced this was happening. You need to deal with not being able to hit the same targets is all.
    Link it please. I want to see where in the blog post is there a date where the changes would happen rather than an ambiguous "in a few weeks time"

Also, where is the promise of "more details before we turn it on" promised by the devs?

In addition, you also said whitelist is now defunct and also mentioned that logging from the same pc would be xlogging. Are you telling whitelisters now to buy a new computer in 5 minutes to make their hits and also order a different ISP to prevent being flagged as a multi?

Yes Palem, not always, as the blog post says. What if you and a couple of (hundred) thousand more people use your mobile providers' semi-transparent proxy server.

About getting back to the limitation of 1 person per IP - didn't we moved away from that because of a reason???? Aren't the devs doing these stuff to limit cheating after all? I can't see how this helps them in fighting cheating, it helps in annoying couples and make them quit.

And as Danzig said - that's my point exactly. You can't expect that the couples shouldn't interact with the same province in war.

Scavenger, could you please share with us which were these games and when did they died??

Utopia Seraphim | All-in-One formatter
    seraphim [ at ] home-world.org | irc.utonet.org -> #seraphim

Thread Information