Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New Anticheat Measure Going Live Today

Regular
    I didn't see province sitting addressed. Is that immune to the same-IP interaction limitations?

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFantasyWorld View Post
    Link it please. I want to see where in the blog post is there a date where the changes would happen rather than an ambiguous "in a few weeks time"

Also, where is the promise of "more details before we turn it on" promised by the devs?

In addition, you also said whitelist is now defunct and also mentioned that logging from the same pc would be xlogging. Are you telling whitelisters now to buy a new computer in 5 minutes to make their hits and also order a different ISP to prevent being flagged as a multi?
    28th October- http://blog.utopia-game.com/post/120...a-of-supremacy

The details are in this post obviously http://blog.utopia-game.com/post/136...ing-live-today

It has never been acceptable to log 2 accounts from one pc.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I'm pretty sure that at least half the couples are in fact people in a relationship with their own hand but that's no excuse to criminalise people who really are a couple and only log into their own province.
    Because of this move you'll actually encourage formerly honest players to cheat.
    If I were in such a situation I might consider placing an old computer at my parent's house and use RDC and/or VPN connection to it to evade this ridiculous limitation. Or I could just hijack my neighbor's poorly configured wifi network.

While I encourage the fight against cheaters, I cannot support this because you are hurting honest players.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Stik View Post
    I didn't see province sitting addressed. Is that immune to the same-IP interaction limitations?
    A sat province inherits the sitters IP - so they are only affected if the guy sitting is, a sat prov can aid the sitter and vice versa.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    This won't kill cell phone play. This doesn't have any effect on cellphone play at all as far as my understanding goes.
    Just watch, the game is already blocking some people on cell phones, watch what happens with these new changes... Lots of people that log on their cell phones will be blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    The whitelist is gone, since its no longer required. Logging in from someone else's pc looks exactly like xlogging and xlogging still incurs deletion.
    We told you guys over a month ago - if you take a look at the blog post it also references the post where we announced this was happening. You need to deal with not being able to hit the same targets is all.
    I am not directly affected, but I am curious.

First, which is it?? I thought I understood the premise - which was just to inhibit same user activity. The side effect being that different users playing from same location would have issues if they targetted the same provinces. Are we to believe now that they will first be blocked, and shortly thereafter deleted according to the existing anti-cheat measures?

Also, I don't understand why the use of this system necessitates the loss of the whitelist. It could quite easily be added in to exclude whitelist member activity (ie, don't block activity if both offending users are paired on the whitelist). This would have both the cheating protection and keep all malcontents happy. :)

News Correspondent
    28th October- http://blog.utopia-game.com/post/120...a-of-supremacy

The details are in this post obviously http://blog.utopia-game.com/post/136...ing-live-today

It has never been acceptable to log 2 accounts from one pc.
    Bishop, would you kindly re-read my query, I asked where is the date of when it will be turned on and not the date of the blog post.

As far as I'm concerned, we made our hits early today then relog later in the day to find the server being updated and a blog post about it, and again where is the notice of said change is going to happen today and it isnt even 24 hours of notice before the devs turned it on. How can that be called reasonable and fair? and now since whitelist is defunct, whitelisters are now going to be flagged hard by the multi rule, so how will the devs address that? Suddenly an honest player one hour and a cheater the next?

Nothing is preventing couples from playing. If you want the advantage of playing 2 provs from one IP you have to accept the balancing consequences, I don't understand why this is such a big deal. It was an unfair advantage and there was never a way to prove both players were always present, plain and simple. This is now balanced.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by macleod View Post
    Just watch, the game is already blocking some people on cell phones, watch what happens with these new changes... Lots of people that log on their cell phones will be blocked
    Blocking people that interact with someone else using the same cell phone provider that uses the same IP - its not a blanket ban on cell phone usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Peeko View Post
    I am not directly affected, but I am curious.

First, which is it?? I thought I understood the premise - which was just to inhibit same user activity. The side effect being that different users playing from same location would have issues if they targetted the same provinces. Are we to believe now that they will first be blocked, and shortly thereafter deleted according to the existing anti-cheat measures?

Also, I don't understand why the use of this system necessitates the loss of the whitelist. It could quite easily be added in to exclude whitelist member activity (ie, don't block activity if both offending users are paired on the whitelist). This would have both the cheating protection and keep all malcontents happy. :)
    Maintaining a whitelist is both not scalable and unnecessary. People had to be whitelisted before so the ip flag wouldnt go off. Adding people to the whitelist was hugely time consuming because players had to be investigated and I am under no allusions that people gamed the system constantly.

Bishop, would you kindly re-read my query, I asked where is the date of when it will be turned on and not the date of the blog post.

As far as I'm concerned, we made our hits early today then relog later in the day to find the server being updated and a blog post about it, and again where is the notice of said change is going to happen today and it isnt even 24 hours of notice before the devs turned it on. How can that be called reasonable and fair? and now since whitelist is defunct, whitelisters are now going to be flagged hard by the multi rule, so how will the devs address that? Suddenly an honest player one hour and a cheater the next?
    Its going on today - its already on afaik. I dont see why whtielisted couples are now cheaters though. This is for the good and the future of the game.

News Correspondent
    Blocking people that interact with someone else using the same cell phone provider that uses the same IP - its not a blanket ban on cell phone usage.

Maintaining a whitelist is both not scalable and unnecessary. People had to be whitelisted before so the ip flag wouldnt go off. Adding people to the whitelist was hugely time consuming because players had to be investigated and I am under no allusions that people gamed the system constantly.

Its going on today - its already on afaik. I dont see why whtielisted couples are now cheaters though. This is for the good and the future of the game.
    Notwithstanding your opinion of the good and future of the game, the purpose of whitelist is to not set off the "Multi from the same IP flag",since you said it is now defunct, whitelisted players are now "Multis" thanks to the defunct Whitelist. Clear enough? How is are the devs going to address this? Temporarily stopping deletion of Flagged multis and open the situation up to even further abuse? Delete the multi rule in favor of this system?

The whitelist was an unfair advantage that was highly abusable and extremely inefficient for support to maintain. It was already made clear what you need to do, and couples still have playing options if they wish to continue to play from one IP.
    S E C R E T S

News Correspondent
    You seem to fail to notice the No-Multi-ing rule that we have. Whitelist protected legit players from getting flagged and deleted. Now that its defunct, how are the devs going to address the problem of the now Unwhitelisted players from triggering the multi flag at least until everything can be properly sorted?

Post Fiend
    so it's easier to multi now? you can multi aslong as your prov's don't interact?

Quote Originally Posted by Eus View Post
    Scavenger, could you please share with us which were these games and when did they died??
    Bishop would ban me for that. I'm playing one now wich has about a million players. Increasing too.
    Last edited by Scavenger; 02-12-2011 at 15:03. Reason: playercount

You seem to fail to notice the No-Multi-ing rule that we have. Whitelist protected legit players from getting flagged and deleted. Now that its defunct, how are the devs going to address the problem of the now Unwhitelisted players from triggering the multi flag at least until everything can be properly sorted?
    I guess they could give a months notice and then block interactions. The whitelist is defunct because we don't need to flag people from the same ip as allowed to interact.

Thread Information