Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: New Anticheat Measure Going Live Today

Post Fiend
    can you or can you not multi aslong as your prov's don't interact?

cos then i could theoretically make a farm for someone and they could make a farm for me and it would be that easy

You are only allowed 1 account. Of course you cannot multi.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    The whitelist was an unfair advantage that was highly abusable and extremely inefficient for support to maintain. It was already made clear what you need to do, and couples still have playing options if they wish to continue to play from one IP.
    Really? What options? As I mentioned earlier? Buy extra IPs? Use proxy to login? Or as Landro said - look for low security networks to login? Aren't we fighting proxies here, along with the war with the mutlis? This change generally promotes rather then demotes cheating, devs just force legit people to use proxy servers. Why would two people playing in the same kingdom and being in war with other kingdom wont be able to hit the same province? What's the "clear advantage" they get over the other scripted/proxified/xlogged kingdom, like the bunch there are still on lose? Why doesn't the devs delete and remove the OBVIOUS cheating kingdoms and stop annoying legit players?

Utopia Seraphim | All-in-One formatter
    seraphim [ at ] home-world.org | irc.utonet.org -> #seraphim

Just hit a different target. If I see you using a proxy i will delete you. FYI, google is awesome at detecting proxies.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Post Fiend
    Eus has a good point here.

Bishop, please explain how a couple will play from the same household on the same ip, and not be tagged as a multi

*Edit*
    Yes, I understand they will automatically blocked from interacting with each other via the automated system, but what about the flags that grab people using the same IP?

Post Fiend
    yeah that's what i want to know

death to cheaters!!!

All our other anti-cheat systems are still in place.

Post Fiend
    how do you know if couples are using 2 accounts or that it is a multi?

The same way we did before - i'm not at liberty to delve into details of the system though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eus View Post
    Why doesn't the devs delete and remove the OBVIOUS cheating kingdoms and stop annoying legit players?
    So a few couples playing with an unfair advantage should determine how the devs deal with cheaters? Think about that for a few moments.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    The same way we did before - i'm not at liberty to delve into details of the system though.
    So in other words, couples can't play anymore, they're instantly cheaters?

Quote Originally Posted by macleod View Post
    So in other words, couples can't play anymore, they're instantly cheaters?
    You have lost me - this is a pretty simple process. Interactions are blocked, we still use our anti-cheat tools to detect people breaking the rules.

As a player I have invested a lot into my kingdom. I literally invested time, effort, and money to get my kingdom to 25 active players. Now, I'm all for catching cheaters, but your new dragnet causes all kinds of collateral damage.

My kingdom had/has a married couple on your now-defunct whitelist. I run an undead kingdom. How am I supposed to nightmare wave a target when two of my provinces can't hit common targets? They obviously both cannot play effectively within my kingdom now. They want to quit the game entirely if they cannot play together anymore.

Now, I am supposed to find two new players, and I guess pay the company you represent more of my hard-earned money for the pleasure of moving new people into the accounts. We just paid to fill these accounts, and now we need to do it again or go without?

This makes me feel alienated as a customer. Why should I pay to fix it this time when you could just as easily come out with a new feature in a few weeks that forces me to do it again? Why am I and my kingdom being punished when I don't think we have done anything wrong? All we did was have a whitelisted couple play with us!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You have lost me - this is a pretty simple process. Interactions are blocked, we still use our anti-cheat tools to detect people breaking the rules.
    You said the old rules apply, two people playing from the same IP will appear to be a multi as far as the old system is concerned. So they're multis, meaning at first they'll be auto-blocked from interacting and then what? they'll be deleted for being a multi?

Thread Information