Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Anticheat Measure Going Live Today

Post Fiend
    Bishop you can't delve into the answers to our question's cos you don't know the answer to our questions. Me and my roomate at uni both play utopia totally different KD's no reason to interact... how will you be able to make sure we are not banned?!!? need answers dawg

Post Fiend
    Last I checked, two people playing from the same IP in the same kingdom will be deleted, even if they're using a different computer. It's happened to me before in the past. I had a player who was cheating my kingdom and running two provs. I didn't know he was doing it, and he was using a different computer and got deleted. I'm not opposed to him being deleted as he was cheating; however this makes me feel like after time couples will be deleted.

cheaters suck, even if they are married.
    uTools - Because lazyness is the way to go
    StingerNET ~ Exposed.tf ~ tf.uMonk
    "When haters talk, we dont even mind.. They can feel how they feel just dont cross that line."

BEAST
    aka
    da BLOOD spilla
    <3_\"/-|\['|'_|/-|2'/ /-|3_\"/-|_()\\\

The old rules did not state 2 people from the same IP would be deleted though. Stop making this more complicated than it is :p
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Ok, well we shall see what happens : ). I personally will not be affected by any of these changes, but lots in my kd use a cell phone, and lots of people legitimately have a sibling, or roomie, or spouse that play. So we shall see what happens

Before you would only have issues if you interacted macleod (same to you the imp) - now the interactions are blocked anyway. If you play in different kds then you probably wont even see any difference.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Quote Originally Posted by loki EQ View Post
    As a player I have invested a lot into my kingdom. I literally invested time, effort, and money to get my kingdom to 25 active players. Now, I'm all for catching cheaters, but your new dragnet causes all kinds of collateral damage.

My kingdom had/has a married couple on your now-defunct whitelist. I run an undead kingdom. How am I supposed to nightmare wave a target when two of my provinces can't hit common targets? They obviously both cannot play effectively within my kingdom now. They want to quit the game entirely if they cannot play together anymore.

Now, I am supposed to find two new players, and I guess pay the company you represent more of my hard-earned money for the pleasure of moving new people into the accounts. We just paid to fill these accounts, and now we need to do it again or go without?

This makes me feel alienated as a customer. Why should I pay to fix it this time when you could just as easily come out with a new feature in a few weeks that forces me to do it again? Why am I and my kingdom being punished when I don't think we have done anything wrong? All we did was have a whitelisted couple play with us!
    I completely get what you are saying. This is the reason we mentioned the changes a month ago, so people could adapt their strategies if they had to.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Me and my 24 wives are not happy :[

In all seriousness though, let me clarify something for everyone who is concerned about being flagged as a multi (and Bishop is more than welcomed to correct me if I'm wrong about something, since I don't handle support)...

The way the cheat-detection system works (and has always worked) is not flagged as a multi = deletion. If your both playing from the same IP and you get flagged as a multi that means your provs will go under investigation. If you aren't doing anything against the rules, you're in the clear. If you're a cheating scumbag, then you're deleted. Everyone seems to be under the impression that if you're flagged a multi then you're going to get deleted and that's very much not the case.

All this said, if you honestly don't believe that playing with someone you live with is an advantage over players who DON'T play with housemates, then you're either really naive or you refuse to look at the situation honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Me and my 24 wives are not happy :[

In all seriousness though, let me clarify something for everyone who is concerned about being flagged as a multi (and Bishop is more than welcomed to correct me if I'm wrong about something, since I don't handle support)...

The way the cheat-detection system works (and has always worked) is not flagged as a multi = deletion. If your both playing from the same IP and you get flagged as a multi that means your provs will go under investigation. If you aren't doing anything against the rules, you're in the clear. If you're a cheating scumbag, then you're deleted. Everyone seems to be under the impression that if you're flagged a multi then you're going to get deleted and that's very much not the case.

All this said, if you honestly don't believe that playing with someone you live with is an advantage over players who DON'T play with housemates, then you're either really naive or you refuse to look at the situation honestly.

Oh, excuse me, Palem, for not giving out thanks to all the crosslogging kingdoms I've encountered in utopia for being fair to me and my kingdom. Oh, wait, they don't play from the same IP, so they do not cheat.

Bishop, google finding proxy servers? Oh, sure, ones that CAN be found anyway.

To Sean and Brian and whoever else works on utopia code - you have just lost another bunch of players. Congratulations on your lousy efforts in fighting cheating and instead forcing legit people out.

Utopia Seraphim | All-in-One formatter
    seraphim [ at ] home-world.org | irc.utonet.org -> #seraphim

Their choice...

Scavenger, you could PM me these games, right? I am curious what kind of games that would be..... I bet games like TRAVIAN (complete bull****) in which only multies live......

Utopia Seraphim | All-in-One formatter
    seraphim [ at ] home-world.org | irc.utonet.org -> #seraphim

Quote Originally Posted by Eus View Post
    Oh, excuse me, Palem, for not giving out thanks to all the crosslogging kingdoms I've encountered in utopia for being fair to me and my kingdom. Oh, wait, they don't play from the same IP, so they do not cheat.

Bishop, google finding proxy servers? Oh, sure, ones that CAN be found anyway.

To Sean and Brian and whoever else works on utopia code - you have just lost another bunch of players. Congratulations on your lousy efforts in fighting cheating and instead forcing legit people out.
    Please stop pretending that you can't report suspected cheaters and they don't get deleted if they are indeed cheating. Not sure what you mean by they're not cheating, that's just a pointless and silly comment. If losing an unfair advantage causes a few players to leave, sorry to hear it. I'm sorry they aren't able to play on a level playing field I guess.
    Last edited by DHaran; 02-12-2011 at 16:17.
    S E C R E T S

I completely get what you are saying. This is the reason we mentioned the changes a month ago, so people could adapt their strategies if they had to.
    I didn't have cause to care about your anti-cheating methods until your company potentially cost me two invites/players. So, please correct me if I misstate your position at all; I am to blame for not modifying my entire kingdom's game-play preemptively based on information hidden in a blog post on upcoming anti-cheating measures that I had no cause to read. Is that correct? I don't think you completely got what I was saying. At a minimum, I think you should have a free invite weekend to clean up the repercussions of implementing this new system for us unintended victims--at least I hope we were unintended victims. If you did know and intend for people like me to be caught up in it, then I feel like I and others like me are being treated pretty ****ty. We're being taken for granted. We literally built what we come here for, and your policies are getting in the middle of it and messing it up. Really to do the minimum is to leave me with a lot of contempt for this company. You are forcing me to get rid of two people who have become part of a second family to me. That's like asking me to force away two members of my family. I understand that we might be the exception and not the rule, but you should work on a modification to your system to allow exceptions in your system. Otherwise, I don't see a whole lot that can be done to avoid alienating at least me and perhaps others like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eus View Post
    Scavenger, you could PM me these games, right? I am curious what kind of games that would be..... I bet games like TRAVIAN (complete bull****) in which only multies live......
    Pm-ed Mr. Negativity :)

If you and your partner/wife/husband/boyfriend/etc both play Utopia, wouldn't it make sense that you'd both want to play in the same kingdom so you can help each other? (just like friends on different sides of an ocean can help each other's province) I think that many couples will quit if they are no longer able to play effectively in the same kingdom.

loki EQ's comment about NM is a very good argument. The introduction of changes to the rules (as enforced by the server) in the middle of an age doesn't just disrupt his kingdom's strategy. Bishop, you have played in organised kingdoms and should understand what impact this has on kingdoms. Let's say we have a couple in our kingdom who both play A/M. One is tasked with MS coverage (he/she picked mystic) the other (Non-mystic) is in charge of Greed coverage. These changes would severely disrupt the kingdoms plans because they can no longer target a province which was recently targeted by the other. This makes it very undesirable for kingdoms to have couples playing in them.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Thread Information