Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread: New Anticheat Measure Going Live Today

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    Under your system, I could pay to run a province on my tablet and one on my PC. That's pretty open for abuse.
    Any system can be open for abuse. The current system is open for abuse.

How many people would be willing to pay to cheat? Not many if any IMO. Cheaters want things for free.

How many people would be willing to pay to play in the same KD? That is yet to be seen since it isn't an option.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by xfex View Post
    It's just difficult to prove that you are two different individuals. How do Bishop know that your not the same person logging on and acting on behalf of your daughter? So if I said I have 10 brothers and they all want to play from the same computer and same kd, would you believe me? Probably not right?
    Would you be willing to pay for those 10 brothers to play? Probably not right?

Regular
    Under your system, I could pay to run a province on my tablet and one on my PC. That's pretty open for abuse.
    One thing I forgot to mention, if your tablet can access the internet through AT&T or some other carrier you can have two accounts. The IP system does not stop you from doing that either since your computer is on a land line and your tablet is not. Both would use a different IP. Correct?

Except my tablet is wifi only ;) But you are correct, I could. And if I had a phone with an internet connection on it, then I could run 3 in that hypothetical situation now. My point is is that I could potentially have the same IP on different devices and simply pay a small bit to run multiple provinces that could interact with each other in an unrestricted manner.
    Last edited by Ordray; 14-12-2011 at 02:48.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Quote Originally Posted by xfex View Post
    It's just difficult to prove that you are two different individuals. How do Bishop know that your not the same person logging on and acting on behalf of your daughter? So if I said I have 10 brothers and they all want to play from the same computer and same kd, would you believe me? Probably not right?
    He said Not the same computer... Please read the articulation fully

Except my tablet is wifi only ;) But you are correct, I could. And if I had a phone with an internet connection on it, then I could run 3 in that hypothetical situation now. My point is is that I could potentially have the same IP on different devices and simply pay a small bit to run multiple provinces that could interact with each other in an unrestricted manner.

It isn't necessarily a small bit to some of the people that play this game. If you can cheat for free, why pay?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker1975 View Post
    How many people would be willing to pay to cheat? Not many if any IMO. Cheaters want things for free.
    People are willing to pay quite a bit to cheat in this game.

Regular
    Just because your tablet only has wifi does that mean every person who has one only has wifi? If I set up a tablet or iPad with a phone company and get 3G or 4G on my tablet then I can do exactly the same thing you are talking about doing without getting on a wifi. I put in my iPhone and now I run 3 devices unless my iPhone and iPad are on the same system and pull the same IP. I'm pretty sure the IP from my phone will not match the iPad since that would basically block anyone in the area from using their phones or pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    People are willing to pay quite a bit to cheat in this game.
    My point isn't about cheating. When are you people going to get it. I'm trying to play by the rules.

Every argument that I have seen about this IP block being able to stop cheating is really that, just an argument. It doesn't stop anything. Read above. The main thing it does is stop someone like me from trying to play by the rules and be in the same KD as my daughter. Of course to all of you that want to flame say I'm just trying to run two accounts from my home.

This is the kind of response that just irks me to death.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Let me just requote exactly what you said...
    "How many people would be willing to pay to cheat?"

You asked a direct question about cheaters and their willingness to pay money to cheat in this game. I answered your question directly and based off direct knowledge of people paying money to buy extra invites and setting up websites and such to cheat the system.

If you're honestly going to sit there and act like I'm somehow jerking you around and avoiding your points then I'm done trying to have any kind of honest discussion with you.

Regular

You asked a direct question about cheaters and their willingness to pay money to cheat in this game. I answered your question directly and based off direct knowledge of people paying money to buy extra invites and setting up websites and such to cheat the system.

If you're honestly going to sit there and act like I'm somehow jerking you around and avoiding your points then I'm done trying to have any kind of honest discussion with you.
    You don't get it. I guess it is because you don't want to. The question isn't about giving me a number. Can't you read the rest and see what I'm trying to say? Are you guys really that blind that you can't see facts? Or is is that you just don't want to see them unless you spout them off?

I'll say it again,

1. If I have a laptop on wifi that is one account.
    2. If I have a iPad or tablet hooked up to AT&T or another carrier, that is 2 accounts.
    3. If I have a smart phone that is 3 accounts that I can run and bypass your IP catcher.

Are you trying to tell me that your IP catcher will stop me from doing this? My guess is no since all three devices would have a different IP.

What I'm trying to suggest but seems to get lost in the flames is that I would be willing to pay money so that I wouldn't be restricted or blocked from playing this game in the same KD as my daughter. There are ways to track devices with foot prints from those devices.

Do you have a more feasible way to do this?

The blocks do not work in the same KD for players. As stated before if I get hit by a chained guy I cannot ambush that attack. It totally defeats the purpose of chaining a guy down and being able to keep him down. As a war goes on this issue compounds itself. This makes game play in the same KD unplayable no matter what kind of planning you have. Blocking the aid between provinces in the same KD is also pointless and takes away from the idea of being a team. You work together.

IPs aren't the only detection system - Palem has given you the correct answer, but you choose to ignore him and insist that your opinion is fact. Its not, sorry.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

y u still tlkin bout dis? qq l2playlegit!

English? Talk to any IT who has half a brain and they can tell you that this new "implementation" simply does not work. Entering computer engineers can tell you that. The system is way too flawed to be considered a legitimate program, not to mention the overall terrible blanket implementation.

How would they have the slightest idea of how our systems work? It works, the fact that you dislike it doesnt change this.

FYI, the people that did this system have credentials far in excess of some IT guy.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Well how is this different from sitting shall I ask? You can PAY to SIT another province. You can PAY to play in the same kingdom. Why can you not PAY to play together? The point that you all miss is that it is too easy to cheat with today's technology any ways. Why not give honest players their bit? For example, I have two smart phones plus I go to a University (locations not permitted of course ;) and my computer. Math on that... Hmm I could create four accounts if I really wanted to, all with different IP's and I sincerely doubt that your little net would catch it if I did. So why not make money off the "cheaters" like you did with the sitters. You know why that was started and all; People circumventing the system. Lesson learned there, "cheaters will cheat, so let's make some money".

Thread Information