Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New Anticheat Measure Going Live Today

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    If you and your partner/wife/husband/boyfriend/etc both play Utopia, wouldn't it make sense that you'd both want to play in the same kingdom so you can help each other? (just like friends on different sides of an ocean can help each other's province) I think that many couples will quit if they are no longer able to play effectively in the same kingdom.

loki EQ's comment about NM is a very good argument. The introduction of changes to the rules (as enforced by the server) in the middle of an age doesn't just disrupt his kingdom's strategy. Bishop, you have played in organised kingdoms and should understand what impact this has on kingdoms. Let's say we have a couple in our kingdom who both play A/M. One is tasked with MS coverage (he/she picked mystic) the other (Non-mystic) is in charge of Greed coverage. These changes would severely disrupt the kingdoms plans because they can no longer target a province which was recently targeted by the other. This makes it very undesirable for kingdoms to have couples playing in them.
    I don't understand how much simpler I can put this. More than one player at one IP/location was a clear unfair ADVANTAGE with 0 balancing aspects, and was open to abuse. This new system still allows you to play together, but without all of the unfair advantages previously allowed. If you don't want to deal with the balancing negatives of it, then that is your decision. Oh yea, and it also prevents MASSIVE CHEATING ON MULTIPLE LEVELS.

I can't comprehend how the lot of you want to allow massive cheating just so a few couples get to keep an unfair ability to log each others account. And if you think that's not happening you are delusional.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Before you would only have issues if you interacted macleod (same to you the imp) - now the interactions are blocked anyway. If you play in different kds then you probably wont even see any difference.
    So a couple who plays in the same kingdom, can't be banned for being a multi because they can't interact anymore? So, in other words, people can still make farms since the system for stopping farm making hasn't changed. Just now, they can't interact with their own farms. Like someone else said, they'll just make a farm for someone else while that someone else reciprocates.

So what exactly have we stopped?

Crosslogging?
    Last I checked, people got a lot smarter at crosslogging and use advanced proxies or remote desktop connection. These changes won't even slow down xlogging.

Multi?
    No, that will still exist. Lots of people simply play in several kingdoms without ever interacting, and never get caught. The only other form of multying necessary is for xlogging (points up) and farming, and i've already told you how they will get around farming.

So what did we really accomplish here? The cheaters will still cheat as that's what cheaters do, they find ways to beat the system. But, now, legitimate people that were whitelisted are now unable to play in the same kingdom. Don't give me that don't hit the same target line of garbage, this totally screws playing in the same kingdom. Very few kingdoms max gains throughout a war. Oh hey honey, sorry you can't be with the kingdom chain, why don't you just max gains and hopefully hubby doesn't have to hit anybody you hit at some point in the war or intelled or sent a message to, or farted at.

If you're going to change the system, at least change it to something that will actually work. And then maybe we'll deal with not being able to play with our house-mates anymore

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Please stop pretending that you can't report suspected cheaters and they don't get deleted if they are indeed cheating. Not sure what you mean by they're not cheating, that's just a pointless and silly comment. If losing an unfair advantage causes a few players to leave, sorry to hear it. I'm sorry they aren't able to play on a level playing field I guess.
    How unfair it is that we want to play TOGETHER? In fact I didn't left this game when the ownership changed was because my wife asked to play together, since it can be done legit. That is just killed now..... In all fairness..... is it fair? What kind of advantage are we talking about really? The couple logging each other? Now THAT's silly and I can't believe you really think that's an advantage over these scripted kingdoms out there....

Utopia Seraphim | All-in-One formatter
    seraphim [ at ] home-world.org | irc.utonet.org -> #seraphim

I don't understand how much simpler I can put this. More than one player at one IP/location was a clear unfair ADVANTAGE with 0 balancing aspects, and was open to abuse. This new system still allows you to play together, but without all of the unfair advantages previously allowed. If you don't want to deal with the balancing negatives of it, then that is your decision. Oh yea, and it also prevents MASSIVE CHEATING ON MULTIPLE LEVELS.
    I do not deny that this has been abused but the new system will make couples a liability to organised kingdoms. That's swinging the balance a bit to extreme to the other side. Perhaps a compromise could be to allow 1 or 2 couples per kingdom.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran
    Do you not understand that this throws a monkey wrench in my kingdom's ability to function effectively? Also, Dharan, condescension is the mark of bad PR. You should take more cues from Bishop. He is pretty good at it.
    Last edited by loki EQ; 02-12-2011 at 16:32.

Post Fiend
    I can't comprehend how the lot of you want to allow massive cheating just so a few couples get to keep an unfair ability to log each others account. And if you think that's not happening you are delusional.
    That's not how you run a business, if you can't stop the cheaters without affecting the non-cheaters then you DONT DO ANYTHING. It's a simple business strategy. People are already upset about the cheating, and it does need to be resolved. But hey guess what, THE CHEATING WILL STILL HAPPEN. BUT NOW, you've alienated people that actually play without cheating.

That's a VERY VERY poor business strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eus View Post
    How unfair it is that we want to play TOGETHER? In fact I didn't left this game when the ownership changed was because my wife asked to play together, since it can be done legit. That is just killed now..... In all fairness..... is it fair? What kind of advantage are we talking about really? The couple logging each other? Now THAT's silly and I can't believe you really think that's an advantage over these scripted kingdoms out there....
    Logging each other's accounts is unfair to other people who don't have access to 2 provs. If you think a kd is scripted report them to support. Molehills != Mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by macleod View Post
    That's not how you run a business, if you can't stop the cheaters without affecting the non-cheaters then you DONT DO ANYTHING. It's a simple business strategy. People are already upset about the cheating, and it does need to be resolved. But hey guess what, THE CHEATING WILL STILL HAPPEN. BUT NOW, you've alienated people that actually play without cheating.

They have an advantage they should have never had TBH. It's now been corrected to be fair for all and curb cheating.
    Last edited by DHaran; 02-12-2011 at 16:34. Reason: typo
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran
    fair for all
    I think you really should stop posting, because you're antagonizing me and I am sure you're having the same effect on others. You shouldn't work an angry crowd into even more of a fury. We're incensed enough without working us up further.

Post Fiend
    They have an advantage they should have never had TBH. It's now been corrected to be fair for all and curb cheating.
    And that advantage is???? Logging each others accounts? That's it? That's the advantage? That's weak man : ). All of these changes and that's the only positive change, is that we've now stopped husband's from logging wive's accounts.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!! Utopia has been revolutionized into a brand new game of anti cheating!!! Now you can't log your wife's account anymore. Oh, but just in case you're not doing that, SCREW YOU!

Crosslogging?
    Last I checked, people got a lot smarter at crosslogging and use advanced proxies or remote desktop connection. These changes won't even slow down xlogging.
    loll ... vpn are so 2002 .... there are better way to xlog than the way you are mentioning ...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Quote Originally Posted by loki EQ View Post
    I think you really should stop posting, because you're antagonizing me and I am sure you're having the same effect on others. You shouldn't work an angry crowd into even more of a fury. We're incensed enough without working us up further.
    Explain how 2 players with the ability to legally xlog was ever fair to non-couples. The funny thing about angry crowds is that they are generally unreasonable and irrational.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkz Azn View Post
    loll ... vpn are so 2002 .... there are better way to xlog than the way you are mentioning ...
    Well I don't xlog so it makes sense to why I don't know the best methods :p. This does help prove that they will still do what they're doing now though

I have to show my ID and go through security when I go flying, because of cheaters. I have to type over words to access sites because of cheaters. I have to show my pass when I enter the building where I work because of cheaters. I need codes to make transactions because of cheaters. I get searched when I go see a soccer match because of cheaters. We gotta sit further from the pitch because of cheaters.

Cheating is bad mkay. For everyone.

I am plenty rational. I know that most people think they are logical when they are not. I have degrees that focused on logic, and I probably had to learn logic to earn honors. >:|

Anyway, continue to insinuate that your customers are unreasonable and irrational. You're really winning over hearts and minds (and wallets) with that aggressive crap.
    Last edited by loki EQ; 02-12-2011 at 16:41.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    I have to show my ID and go through security when I go flying, because of cheaters. I have to type over words to access sites because of cheaters. I have to show my pass when I enter the building where I work because of cheaters. I need codes to make transactions because of cheaters. I get searched when I go see a soccer match because of cheaters. We gotta sit further from the pitch because of cheaters.

Cheating is bad mkay. For everyone.
    ok? im not arguing that cheating should just go on, when i say DONT DO ANYTHING, i mean don't do this specific fix. The cheating needs to be stopped, but not at the expense of people not cheating

Thread Information