Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bill: Marijuana Regulation, Taxation and Control Act

New Bill: Marijuana Regulation, Taxation and Control Act

That is the best way to raise revenue for the U.S. Government. It would create jobs and tax revenue.

It's gonna happen sooner or later, so why not use it to help the economy out a little bit.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Because the 85 year olds would run a clean sweep on the congress that passed it. Give it another 15 years when most of the boomers, and all of their previous generation are dead, and then it will have a shot.
    "I don't hate you, I'm just removing an enemy..."
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

So keep it state-by-state and have it remain illegal in Florida.... LOL!

The problem is, that's what they are trying to do now, but so long as there are federal regulations against it, the state's hands are tied when it comes to federal charges. Just because the state police won't lock you up for it doesn't mean the DEA won't. ;)
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

yes it is odd that a plant can be illegal in some parts of the world, it has been around longer than we have, no matter what the governments say or decide to do i always have my contacts

It was more liberal 'we know what's good for you' crap that came from various Democratic presidencies. Starting primarily with Woodrow Wilson in 1914.
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Right. But the DEA doesn't have the manpower or resources to enforce drug laws on the state level, so if a state does decide to sell and tax marijuana, the DEA won't enforce their law in that state, not just because of a lack of resources but also because the Federal Government doesn't want any legal battles with the States.

One would think, but look at all of the 'legal' medical marijuana dispensaries that have been shut down already. If they remove the state legal way to obtain it, it goes back to the streets, and right back into their grasp. I am not saying they'll be all over the streets like the state police, but they will continue to enforce federal laws.

As for the part about feds don't want legal battles with the states? Pfft. Have you SEEN the mess that is the PPCA (Obamacare)?
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Meh.

Won't stop me from submitting my bill.

More power to you man. I don't even use drugs of any sort (won't even take Tylenol) and I am a firm believer that the 'War on Drugs' is a complete and utter failure. It has done nothing but waste years worth of manpower and tax money, and fill our prison system with otherwise harmless 'criminals'...which has wasted even more taxpayer money.
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

i take drugs all of the time, caffeine in the mornings, panadol when i have a headache, i dislike that some are illegal while other's can be store bought.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    i take drugs all of the time, caffeine in the mornings, panadol when i have a headache, i dislike that some are illegal while other's can be store bought.
    Well, let me rephrase, I don't use 'drugs of any sort' in the average case of what people would think of when they hear the word 'drug'. I drink nothing but coffee (literally) and smoke 3 packs per day, so yeah, I do ingest a LOT of caffeine and nicotine. ;)
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

yeah sorry about that Gallowmere, i was in a smart alec mood, :-)

You consider Tylenol a drug but not nicotine?

Nah, I do, which is why I rephrased it in the way that I did. Though really, far more things fit the most loose definition of drug than most people would even realize. However, if going by the Pharmacological definition, then no, nicotine does not fit.

Loose:
    any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.

Pharm:
    a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.

EDIT: Completely random example that I thought of...if one were to do something stupid, like consume toilet paper, with the intention of curing heartburn, it has, by the loose definition become a drug. Yeah, I don't like that definition either.
    Last edited by Gallowmere; 03-12-2011 at 20:57.
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Thread Information