Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bill: Marijuana Regulation, Taxation and Control Act

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Well, let me rephrase, I don't use 'drugs of any sort' in the average case of what people would think of when they hear the word 'drug'. I drink nothing but coffee (literally) and smoke 3 packs per day, so yeah, I do ingest a LOT of caffeine and nicotine. ;)
    3 packs = 60 smokes?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    3 packs = 60 smokes?
    Yeah, roughly. Sometimes I'll have one or two left over at the end of the day. Depends on how bored I was, and/or how ****ty my day went at work. I smoke far less when at home, solely due to the fact that I won't smoke in my apartment. The smell is awful after a while.
    "I don't hate you, I'm just removing an enemy..."
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Pharm:
    a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.
    How does Nicotine not fall under that definition? It must.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

wow 60 a day, i smoke maybe 60 a week! but i know what it is like when you smoke from sheer boredom - that is why i have a techdeck - miniture skateboard to keep hands busy when i am bored (please no masturbation jokes :-)

drugs are good - despite what Mr Garrison says on southpark, they help people but it is just when people use them too much or become addicted that the trouble starts

i think marijuana should not be illegal because it is a plant. how can a plant be illegal? people say it should be outlawed because it is bad for people - then why not make poison ivy illegal - that plant is generally bad for people and they don't even have to smoke it, simply come into physical contact with it.

Hello my name is Dr Greenthumb :-)
    Last edited by scorpio86; 04-12-2011 at 05:03.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote Originally Posted by peteyb22 View Post
    How does Nicotine not fall under that definition? It must.
    Because nicotine has never been used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of any disease with any success, and it's long term effects on the physical body are harmful, even if the short term effects are enhancements. One could technically argue that it enhances mental well-being though, I suppose, though through the process of addiction to it, it becomes extremely disruptive to mental well-being in it's absence.
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Yeah I'm pretty sure it falls under the category of enhancing mental well-being. (pretty much an recreational 'drug' is used to enhance mental well-being)

Marijuana should be outside the law as it is a plant and plants are not subject to human laws.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

By using that logic, so should Cocaine and Heroin, since, though they are extractions, they still come from plants. ;)

However, I do agree, solely because I disagree with anti-drug laws completely...which is weird considering that I haven't used any of them in over a decade.
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Post Fiend
    Not to go totally off subject, but nicotine these last few years has been studied to see if it has any beneficial effects(not through smoking, but as a pill/liquid I believe) its been found to help with brain problems like alzsheimers and parkinsons... soo it does have some benefits... ooo and one study I think at the university of vermont found when given intravaneously there was no withdrawl/addiction to nicotine(had some side effects though like nasea rashes at iv site and some others...)
    Last edited by Militaryman; 12-12-2011 at 01:54.

So...what you're saying is that I need to put down the smokes and pick up a needle? Hells yeah...it's all of the fun and work of being a smackhead without all of the nasty side effects...like being retarded, and doing questionable things for a fix. :D
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Coccaine is not a plant. Marijuana is. Marijuana should not be subjected to human laws. Yes i am rather biased on the subject :-)
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Uhm...you do realize that both of my examples are extracts from plants, right? Cocaine comes from the coca plant, and heroin is derived from the poppy, the same plant that morphine and opium come from.
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

They still are not plants.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Post Fiend
    they are parts of plants... just like weed

The difference is the chemical process of extracting the cocaine alkaloid, as opposed to the cannabis plant which can be simply grown, harvested and smoked.

Thread Information