Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bill: Marijuana Regulation, Taxation and Control Act

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Good luck convincing the feds that your 50 acre 'garden' is all for personal use. xD
    What do you know of my work?

lol
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    I have the distinct feeling that prices will tumble MASSIVELY, were it to become a completely legal commodity. Much of the cost of drugs right now is a risk assessment, considering that people could easily be locked up for having it.

Also, chances are good that there would be FDA involvement for 'quality' checks and things of that nature. I can't imagine what they would base their quality grades on, but my advice would be to bring in some experienced potheads who know good **** from bad. xD
    I suspect you are right, prices will tumble and small time people wont even get a look in the door. Its already a huge crop in the US as it stands - some claim it is the single biggest cash crop. I grow some of my own veg too, but I often buy stuff that is hard to grow, or just not financially viable (i.e the store price is so low).
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Let's talk about what happens in the Netherlands.
    It's legal to buy weed in a coffee shop provided you 18 or older. The government receives sales tax on every purchase and the people working in the coffee shops pay taxes. Pot use is a lot lower in the Netherlands than in the US because we managed to make pot 'boring'.

But...
    Growing weed is still illegal if you have more than 3 plants. This means most coffee shops still depend on illegal growers.
    Coffee shops are allowed to have only a limited supply in their store. This means they usually have an (illegal) stash somewhere for supply. These stashes can be confiscated by the police and this has happened at least a few times already.
    There's foreign pressure to stop selling it to tourists. Our government is actually listening to this even though it's none of those other countries' business.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

huh, i didn't know that stuff. that's pretty crazy. part of the reason to make it legal is to create a new industry, so if we couldn't start producing it then it wouldn't really work. we want to move the production from the illegal cartels to a new legal industry (domesticated industry) so that it creates jobs and tax revenue. sales tax is one thing, but imagine the business tax revenue from a marijuana farm.

that's just a lot of money that the Netherlands is missing out on. oh and yah they shouldn't be pressured into to policing tourists.

Marijuana is a plant. It grows out the ground naturally. It is as natural as we are. It shouldn't be held to account by human laws, that is like making poison ivy illegal because it can adversly effect people, or making sharks illegal because they can adversly effect people. It is natural.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Veteran
    rice is a plant. it grows out of the ground naturally. it is as natural as we are. it shouldn't be held to account by human laws, that is like making poison ivy illegal because it can adversly effect people, or making sharks illegal because they can adversly effect people. It is natural.

seriously. alcohol (which rice wine is a simple example) has been shown to adversely (you spelt it 'adversly') affect a growing kidney. Science has been had, and kidneys are, on average, fully grown on 21 year olds. Should it still be regulated, for great justice, and all that rhetoric you're spouting, scorpio86?
    You seem to be aiming at the wrong target, is all i am thinking, scorp. It's the special interest groups who, in the US at least, pay to have these laws in place so they can benefit. This has nothing to do with a plant, it has everything to do with money. Anything you say, really, has no affect on reality, as everyone would agree and the laws would still be in place.

My point still stands, marijuana is a plant and should not be subjected to humans laws,

Qoute and spellcheck me all you like, i have no opinion on rice or alcohol related kidney damage - which is why i didn't mention any of these things. You seem to be putting words in my mouth, i aim at no target, i am simply stating what is factual and logical. People smoke the stuff despite the laws, it is a matter of choice, what i say does in fact effect reality, my reality and those that hear me.

Marijuana is as natural as we are, it should not be illegal.

Get the chip off your shoulder mate.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 05-01-2012 at 13:20. Reason: damn typos
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    My point still stands, marijuana is a plant and should not be subjected to humans laws,

Qoute and spellcheck me all you like, i have no opinion on rice or alcohol related kidney damage - which is why i didn't mention any of these things. You seem to be putting words in my mouth, i aim at no target, i am simply stating what is factual and logical. People smoke the stuff despite the laws, it is a matter of choice, what i say does in fact effect reality, my reality and those that hear me.

Marijuana is as natural as we are, it should not be illegal.

Get the chip off your shoulder mate.
    The plant isn't illegal - its humans growing or possessing it that is illegal.

A sledgehammer isn't illegal. Me hitting you in the face with it is.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Enthusiast
    I just think that if it was legal and more women smoked it, that it would end up being a lot less stressfull for us guys, because we wouldn't have to deal as much with there mood swings, pms and medapaws. So we would live a great deal longer if more women would smoke dope

The plant is illegal to be grown here in my part of the world at least and it is destroyed in controlled burns by the police, the lant and the substance is illegal and that is foolish as it is entirely natural and should therefor not be against the law.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    that is foolish as it is entirely natural and should therefor not be against the law.
    Don't be naive.

In what way Bishop?
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

In the way that simply being natural is no grounds to legalize anything.

I think that is fair enough. Lions aren't illegal, nor are sharks, why therefore is marijuana against in the law in certain parts of the world? It shouldn't be is what i am saying.

Certainly some natural things are dangerous and should be worked against, communicable diseases one of them. Yet marijuana has many uses and apart from anything else it provides oxygen as do all forms of flora. I dislike police forces taking the plant and destroying it in controlled burns simply because some people think it 'illegal'. It should not be held to account by human laws. That is like arresting a bird for tresspassing!
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Just because something grows naturally does not mean it is untouchable. Humans remove things they consider to be pests all the time.

Look, i don't really care if they make dope legal or not, but if it is illegal then i have absolutely no issue with it being burned whenever discovered. Something growing naturally isn't a reason to keep it around.

Thread Information