Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti cheat only works on kd with relation of normal

Post Fiend

Anti cheat only works on kd with relation of normal

since bishop ask me to suggest here instead of report at the bug system, i will.

this anti cheats only apply to kingdoms with relations of normal/unfriendly. I dont think anyone mind not attacking the same guy during this relation but in Hostile and in war, this is critical. and seriously in this two situation, everyone use pimp and some tools,

For the aid part, the anti cheats allow user to send aid only during war time.

so what do you guys think about my suggestion.

let me know.

thanks

Edited:
    Option 2
    instead of deny the actions, a message will be send to a moderator about the actions and because moderator are human, they can check the patterns and know it's the proxy fault or real cheater. i know prevention is better then cure, but if u prevent too much they wont be anything that can be done at the end of the day. and this is why we have doctors that cure patient of sickness, because not everything can be prevent.

Edited
    Option 3
    Remove Whitelist, and remove this new anti cheat.

Edited:
    what i trying to solve is this problems:
    Badly Configured Proxies

A small minority of players may find that they occasionally see the message, even though they don?t think they share their internet connection with other players. This will be because they are accessing the game through a proxy (even if they don?t realize it).

Edited:
    Also with the current aid block, it's still not 100%, people can bypass it by sending to another people 1st and then have that person to to him. so what's the point blocking it @@(i though of this just awhile ago lol)

Edited:
    from the others, this anti cheat can be abuse, example 1: i am in singapore, i aid my whole kd, therefore i protect my kd from attack from the same isp in singapore.
    Last edited by s2mike; 05-12-2011 at 04:52.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by s2mike View Post
    everyone use pimp and some tools, so it doesnt matter if theres cheater or not.

!DENY

What is wrong with you?

Post Fiend
    well, you dun use utopiapimp? or you dun share your intel within kingdoms when in war?

or did you misunderstood what i trying to say?

Cheating still matters. Intel sharing is not cheating.

Post Demon
    each person logs in and plays ONE account in my kd. Its been a big disadvantage the past couple ages playing against all the whitelisted guys playing 2 accounts, and whitelisted couples playing each other's accounts!

You want to allow that to continue? Why?

Post Fiend
    ok, if that's so, i take back my that sentence, what i trying to say is, the anti cheats system now prevents people with same ip to attack/ops/spells the same person anytime.

so during war, of cause they will be attacking/ops/spell same people so we should let them do it in war/hostile but not outside of this 2 relation. ok?

to ddodge, i dont want whitelisted nor cheaters, but the problem is with some country/isp they are proxy that cause this problem. if you keep prevent everything, at the end of the day, notthing can be done, and everybody will leave. dont you think utopia have already very little people... sigh
    Last edited by s2mike; 03-12-2011 at 22:47.

Post Demon
    No. get it out of your head that whitelisting was ever ok, or you won't be able to wrap your head around this.

Post Fiend
    TO DDODGE, did you read what i am saying, I NEVER EVER THINK OF THE WHITELISTING ARE OK!!!!!!!!!!! can you read what i type

Post Demon
    Dude u edited ur post as I was typing a response, then lost your **** cause my response was @ your post and not the ninja edit rofl.

Cool your jets!

Post Fiend
    lol ok, i am just kinda work up cause the stupid isp cant do anything and uto cant do anything, and me and my kd mates in singapore(a small country) cant attack same target in war and stuff. and my friends playing this game in singapore having this problem too, and what i see about this new anti cheats is they trying to cover up the whitelist mess they made, why not just remove the whitelist and this.

Post Fiend
    why not just add the 3 singaporean ISP's to an exception list? problem solved

This is a tiny bit silly & needs to be looked at.

I'm the only Singaporean in my kingdom. However, I got blocked from making an attack just a couple of hours ago. I've figured that this is probably due to a Singaporean province from my enemy kingdom aiding the province I was trying to hit.

I ended up hitting another target, so it's no big deal in the end. But obviously, the new anticheat procedures will end up penalizing the entirety of the singaporean playerbase.

Asking our ISP to change the way they set up proxies etc hasn't yielded any results - I bet they're going like "wtf? why are all these people suddenly calling in?". As there are only 4 ISPs in Singapore and there is free wifi available throughout singapore, apparently the way they set up proxies are required to ensure no one abuses the free wifi, etc.

If the mods aren't doing anything about this - can anyone suggest a workaround? As i explained, getting a better ISP will not help - they are all set up in the same manner.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    No. get it out of your head that whitelisting was ever ok, or you won't be able to wrap your head around this.
    but it was okay, the devs said it was. you're wrong ddodge, stop whining.
    it's not okay now because they wanted to get a bit more money, saw it didn't work as well as they wanted (i assume) and took it away.

it doesnt change the fact that legitimate players are at a disadvantage to cheaters. legitimate players who were whitelisted, a completely legal act sanctioned by the devs 'n co, are now at a disadvantage because they're cheaters under new rules. Well, i guess since they're cheaters, why stop there and get themselves in the advantage boat with all the other cheaters?

/me does not understand.

btw, the whaaaaambulance will be with you shortly, DDodge.

Post Fiend
    to the imp>they wont do it as they think is the isp faul

to puppy101>you get denied not only if u have a singapore province in your kd, if there's another singapore province out there that hit/ops the same guy u wanted to hit, you get the error. so good luck dealing with that.

to nuriho>thanks that you understand what i think, i know devs/mod should get in thier head that you cant prevent 100%. like i said previously, if every can be prevented, there's no doctor,fireman, and police ;p

News Correspondent
    Quote Originally Posted by puppy101 View Post
    This is a tiny bit silly & needs to be looked at.

I'm the only Singaporean in my kingdom. However, I got blocked from making an attack just a couple of hours ago. I've figured that this is probably due to a Singaporean province from my enemy kingdom aiding the province I was trying to hit.

I ended up hitting another target, so it's no big deal in the end. But obviously, the new anticheat procedures will end up penalizing the entirety of the singaporean playerbase.

Asking our ISP to change the way they set up proxies etc hasn't yielded any results - I bet they're going like "wtf? why are all these people suddenly calling in?". As there are only 4 ISPs in Singapore and there is free wifi available throughout singapore, apparently the way they set up proxies are required to ensure no one abuses the free wifi, etc.

If the mods aren't doing anything about this - can anyone suggest a workaround? As i explained, getting a better ISP will not help - they are all set up in the same manner.
    So what are you going to do when the province in question aids the entire kd? Attacking OOW seems to be an option or not attacking at all lol

Thread Information