Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating Obsession

Regular

Cheating Obsession

Hmmm how to start this.

I started playing the game back when there were boats, yeah age one. Played the game through all of the great times. There were 3 different servers you could play on depending on your skill level. WoL, Battlefields and then the Genesis server came along for beta testing.

At that time there were 60-80,000 players playing the game. It was hot! Everyone wanted to play the new game on the net. You could play with people all over the world.

There was a problem though, people were cheating/breaking the rules so they could play with their R/L friends.

Who wanted to be in a KD with 24 other people they didn't know? Not many people did but Mehul wanted it that way so he made no provisions to allow friends to play in the same KD.

Mehul is so obsessed with cheating that he start deleting whole kingdoms of 25 players. Yes, I saw this a few times but at that point of the game 25 players was nothing when you consider the game was being played by 60-80,000.

Mehul finally gets tired of the game management and sells out. The game was already coming to a crashing halt. Being a free game he counted on advertisements to keep the game running but as he said in an interview the game had lasted longer than he thought possible.

New owners take the game over and try to revamp the game, bring back the glory days and the money. They come up with a way for people to play in the same KD so that is fixed but they still aren't getting the players they need to get the advertising dollars. Add in a few more tweaks and they come up with a way for family members to play together. Ah, some new old blood returns to the game. Brother and sister can now play the game from the same IP. Just follow the rules and no problem.

Then the obsession. Cheaters we can't have cheaters.

The obsession that is killing the game. At a time when the owners should be trying to bring people back to the game they are back to an obsession that helped start the down fall to begin with.

You are obsessed with people who cheat. I would say that out of the 7000 players now you have about 5-10% of the players "cheating". So, how do you fix that 5-10%? You come up with a way to block players from using the same IP. Sure, there are workarounds to the IP issue if you want to play in the same KD with your husband, wife, son or daughter but you also limit their ability to enjoy the game. God forbid that the husband sends his wife food, runes or GC that would impact that game and give them an unfair advantage over other KD's. I don't think the game was ever intended to be played with irc, ICQ, MSN or any other chat program. Hmmm wonder how that is not an advantage over other KD's.

When are people in society going to start paying attention to the people that play by the rules instead of paying attention to the people that break them?

90% of the people that play this game follow the rules but nothing is done to protect those players.

Let's come up with a new way to catch cheaters. That is an OBSESSION!!

Why not, let's come up with a way to get more people back to the game? Ask me if I care if another guys has 5 provinces to run and I'll tell you no not at all. If he has that much time on his hand to play them, then that is 5 other guys I can hit. lol

I know people like Bishop, Palem and DHaran. They are obsessed to the point that can't see past their own glory.

Bishop, when is the last time you actually tried to teach someone how to play the game? Now that would take effort. You spend more time telling people how you will pawn them.

Palem always tells people in a friendly way they don't know squat.

DHaran is just like his logo. Big monkey with a finger pointing the way out.

You three act like there are still 80K players in the game, not 7000. Have you noticed in the forums were there used to be 100-200 people viewing now there is only 6-7?

It is people like you that ruin the game. You are so focused on cheaters you can't see anything else. Quit being Mehul's lap dogs.

The current guide is for new players is a complete joke. How about spending some time on that so someone can actually use it. If I was new to the game I would never be able to figure out how to play the game by going to that thing. It is a complete an utter disaster.

Oh, and the new "Tick". Wow is that a joke. Don't log in on the hour cause you won't get in and if you are going to make an attack watch out because the "tick" might catch you.

Look around Utopia now and you see empty kingdoms all over the place. Kingdoms with 1-5 provinces in them and you are worried about "cheaters".

I have finally given up on the game. I'm sick of being treated like I can't be trusted to "Play" a game with my friends and family members. There is no game like Utopia, I have looked and nothing compares with the game play in general. It is one of the most addictive games I have every played. But like any addiction there comes a time when you have to realize it is time to move on because some things never change.

Good Luck to all of the Utopia players out there.

The obsession with cheating is what is really killing the game.

Veteran
    lol wut

Veteran
    Actually i dare say they are happy to have cheaters/multies. If they were to truely clean all cheaters there'd only be 4k players left, so instead of just deleting cheaters/multies the benefits are now limited but there will still be 7k players, not 4k as no one is deleted. Sure every now and then a poor sod is made into an example, but all in all, i know more cheaters than non cheaters in this game, some even pay for it :) And the beauty is, in war you too could buy sitting to circumvent the ip ban :) And others? Well they should just be glad they could play multiple provinces and be more effectieve than a single prov for so long, just count your losses and move on, it's still possible to play in multiple kingdoms without limitations!
    Last edited by Yadda9To5; 04-12-2011 at 00:24.
    http://www.upoopu.com/: an intel repository (or: "pimp alternative") for utopia (read the guide).

Damn those Olympics and all of their drug testing, ruining everything!
    S E C R E T S

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker1975 View Post
    Why not, let's come up with a way to get more people back to the game? Ask me if I care if another guys has 5 provinces to run and I'll tell you no not at all. If he has that much time on his hand to play them, then that is 5 other guys I can hit. lol
    there goes any semblance of your concern for the integrity of the game. if you dont care about the integrity of the game dont talk about hurting or "helping" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker1975 View Post
    The obsession with cheating is what is really HELPING the game. (in the big picture of things)
    utopia isnt gonna die, if i have to only play with 4k players instead of 7k, (that means 3k are cheating apparently), who cares dump the cheaters.

Anyone that is of they opinion that they would allow others to cheat because its more fun for them and their spouse...

To sum up your post: you would rather have cheating be allowed, because it allows you to have more fun personally.

P.S - nice completely arbitrary stats!!!! i can tell you really did ur research!

"90% of the people that play this game follow the rules but nothing is done to protect those players. "
    -yeah nothing except pwn the arbitrary 10% you created that cheat in the game!!!

"I would say that out of the 7000 players now you have about 5-10% of the players "cheating".
    -thanks for your expertise

Regular

He still knows how to point....

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Damn those Olympics and all of their drug testing, ruining everything!
    See there goes the finger pointing. Have you ever actually had a coherent and thoughtful reply DHaran? In the years you have been doing this mod thing I can't think of one. Equating this the the Olympics. ROFL

This is a S-C-R-I-P-T-E-D game. Drugs do not affect the..oh wait maybe you were talking about yourself?

Regular
    So you actually know how many people are cheating? Love to see that number. I just used what is the "general" norm of 5-10%.

If the obsession with cheating was "Helping" the game, why are there only 7000 people left?

Veteran
    well, lets see some official stats on how many cheaters there are in the game that requires such lengths to go at them.

As to the trool, DHaran, comparing pissing in a bottle to preventing people from attacking/oping isn't a good comparison. It would be different if you said "Damn those Olympic organizers for pushing people while they're running based on the country they come from because their shoes are of better quality."
    Because the shoes aren't being taken away, in Utopia's case; The people are being pushed while trying to do a 100 meter dash, throwing them off balance. (Get it, they had better balance, now they have less balance than rest. har har)

As for this game surviving, DDodge, ask the devs how much income they're making from this game. Is it surviving, or dying? Can you really decide that? Thanks for your expertise, nothing except pwn the arbitrary life expectancy you created, nice completely arbitrary random fact.

Forum Addict
    Since this obvious troll thread is full of so many blatant falsehoods, mistruths and outright lies, I'll keep it simple.

DHaran is right. Anyone who disagrees with him here is wrong.
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

Veteran
    trolol, TheRock.

Lemme add to your troll and raise you a "no, you"

I'm LOLing at the notion that a game that has been "dying" for years for very obvious and predictable reasons is now suddenly on deaths door once again because fighting cheaters is apparently a bad thing. My first thought when I saw this thread was TL:DR, if only I had trusted my instincts and saved 5 minutes of my life....
    S E C R E T S

In the years you have been doing this mod thing I can't think of one.
    He just recently become a mod..

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriho View Post
    well, lets see some official stats on how many cheaters there are in the game that requires such lengths to go at them.
    I deleted over 1 thousand accounts at the start of the age.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Bishop, at this point, they are probably going to demand a detailed list of all accounts deleted, with a wordy summary for each as to why it was deleted. Even though they were all deleted for the same reason, I could see them arguing, "Oh look, he just copied and pasted the same reason for each". It's gotten to the point where showing the obvious isn't good enough. These entitled children feel as though someone pissed all over their toys, and they are demanding to know why. It's senseless.
    "I don't hate you, I'm just removing an enemy..."
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    That must be 500 very upset legitimate couples.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information