Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cradle of Civilisation - Whites and Blacks

Enthusiast
    Since the majority of people in these forums most likely believe in Darwin's evolution in some form.. How do you reconcile evolution with the idea that all branches of the human animal are equal? is no variation or branch the better of evolutions work? All humans have actually reached the point where we have all reached status across all changes and variations among the different groups?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The idea of human rights has very little to do with one's physical or mental strengths

Does this apply to people illegaly jumping the border sucking up healthcare benifits for my fellow americans? I have simple rule for this. Go to wherever they speak your native language. So if you speak english you will be okay in places that also speak strongly in english. Alas, nowhere in the world is safe it is an illusion. Some scumbo could come in here and blast me right away. However, I do feel overwhelmingly sorry for the American Indians. If there was ever a way of life that was brought to the brink of extinction for no good reason it was theirs.

At the end of the day the earth is everyones, people are greedy, selfish and everyone owes somebody something in someone else's opinion. So I play utopia so I can take what I want and they from me!
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The idea of human rights has very little to do with one's physical or mental strengths
    I disagree.
    Human rights is a construct of a societies moral and religious beliefs and is supported by its financial system.

Basically the more advanced a civilization the great human rights and mutual respect should be, violence and acts of passion should diminish. As man evolves away from his animal instincts into a more advanced and logical animal....

Without those constructs, Ideas like equal rights, religious freedom, even kindness is of no value... much like you see in many third world countries today where the strongest rule and the weak are prey.

Or to put it another way less evolved variants of the human animal should be more violent, more passionate, with great physical ability but less mental capacity. Their society would be based more on power and less on a moral compass or a sense of compassion.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by tiggis; 06-10-2014 at 20:05.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggis View Post
    I disagree.
    Human rights is a construct of a societies moral and religious beliefs and is supported by its financial system.

Basically the more advanced a civilization the great human rights and mutual respect should be, violence and acts of passion should diminish. As man evolves away from his animal instincts into a more advanced and logical animal....

Without those constructs, Ideas like equal rights, religious freedom, even kindness is of no value... much like you see in many third world countries today where the strongest rule and the weak are prey.

Or to put it another way less evolved variants of the human animal should be more violent, more passionate, with great physical ability but less mental capacity. Their society would be based more on power and less on a moral compass or a sense of compassion.

Thoughts?
    Relative human rights is a failing idea system. What you're proposing leads to the following suggestion:

Female genital mutilation isn't as morally bad in tribes in Africa as it is in the United States. The Tribes in Africa are less civilized, thus what they are doing carries less weight.
    Such lines of thinking are ridiculous if you think female genital mutilations are morally condemnable at all.

That being said, concepts of human rights and morality are stupid, self-handicapping concepts to me.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Relative human rights is a failing idea system. What you're proposing leads to the following suggestion:

Female genital mutilation isn't as morally bad in tribes in Africa as it is in the United States. The Tribes in Africa are less civilized, thus what they are doing carries less weight.
    Such lines of thinking are ridiculous if you think female genital mutilations are morally condemnable at all.

That being said, concepts of human rights and morality are stupid, self-handicapping concepts to me.
    Unless someone can probe to me there is a perfect moral law giver, then morals are illusions of a society that can afford them.

Forum Addict
    Morals are actually a fundamental building block of a society, not luxury. It's luxury to believe that you don't need morals because your society makes you feel so safe and secure that you see no need for them.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No. Laws, and enforcement of those laws, keep me feeling safe and secure.

Without morals it is hard, if not impossible, to have good laws, or good people to enforce those laws.
    #magi

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's really not, but this thread was supposed to be about racism, so I'll just leave it there.

Thread Information