Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do when chained?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend

What to do when chained?

At what point do you release wizzies? Do you send all your overpop specs at the dragon? Do you only release troops if your army is home and you're too overpop to attack?

I know the answers probably vary according to role, race/pers, and war/dragon status but I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on the matter.

odd ... go LL first =) ... never release wiz .... releasing wiz doesnt help much imo ...

yes send ur spec to dragon of cuz

if you are about to be overpop ... yes releasing an hrs before ur army get home so u get max amount troops as u can before u attack

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

This thread will tell you just about everything you need to know about what to do when you get chained
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...arning-channel
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

i only release wizzies if im about to die. otherwise LL like a man man. get runes from your kingdom and get your **** back so you can attack, ect. below 200 pez then release wizzies. it also depends on activity. ive been as low as 15 pez before but if im chained im super duper active. ppl are different :-P
    Icy 4 8

What is chained?

Quote Originally Posted by shirtedfoot View Post
    What is chained?
    It's when many people attack you for land in a very short time. Usually during war
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

If your armies only have a few hours to return you can calculate your desertions and either ask for soldiers or release thieves so that every tick you only lose soldiers instead of actual troops.

build 50% gs 50% barracks and call it good.

Enthusiast
    If you are sitting on 12312 WPA and are an active player.. Then you cannot die due to peasant kill.. Just release enough WPA each tick to stay alive..

Also sitting on some many does not hurt since you could cast landlusts... everything helps if you are 130 acres .)

whotf has 12312 wpa. but 50% GS and 50% rax sounds awesome chained...
    Icy 4 8

don't listen to the so called experts on what to do .. it really depends on the situation

if you don't exceed 1.15 in pop don't do anything, if there are other provinces that were chained then landlust is pointless just wasting kingdom resources

i always ask my friend to fireball me hard n i turn off my wizzards when the chaining starts ... if i'm under 200 acres, i release my thieves to 0.5 or 1 tpa then i explore just a bit just ... once the leaving army return, i build my incoming lands which usually helps in giving me some space ... i ambush the first orc who attacked me n keep army in-out ever since ... n nope, i never release my wizzies coz it only make things worse ... n i rather lose my defense than my offense when i'm chained ... but that's just me n i'm just newbie so i may be wrong

If you get chained really badly, just do what i do - freak out, give up and restart :-)
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

lol @ scorpio. i love being the chain target. always gets a rise out of me...

in terms of performance ofc...

with my province.
    Icy 4 8

Don't release thieves or explore - it's double the price in war after all. Do remember to turn off wizard training though, in case you self-PK.

LL and build all empty land, you can steal runes to burn your mana on that if required. If after doing all that you're still overpopped > 15% of your max pop, then you may send some specs at the dragon. Below that, peasants will just leave. Don't bother asking to get FB'd if you're <15%, because you're just losing income.

If your army is about to get home next tick, LL and build all you can - if you calc that you will still be overpopped after building your incoming acres, as Darkz said - send some specs at drake, or you can release dspecs into sols to send to a kdmate - ask them to send it back to you to train after you hit. And obv, multitap as much as possible for the most # of acres.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Thread Information