Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Guard Stations

Care to eleborate as to why? Also why is 10% Guard Stations so unnacceptable? With that 22% of my land (between the Forts i have and the incoming acres) which would be better to defend my Province - GS or Forts? Considering that i am gearing towards attacking heavily in war.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Post Fiend
    I would normally run 25% Guardstations but when you have been hit 10+ times every day for the last 3 days they don't stand up for very long.

forts is useless for a heavy attacker. 100% useless.

Care to elaborate as to why please? I have new acres coming in soon and i am unsure whether to use them for GS or Forts? I need reasons imp.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Post Fiend
    Well Forts increase you defense by a percentage right? So if you are a heavy attacker you have a low defense and so the increase in defense is going to be low.

For example lets presume you have 1000 acres and are running a standard 40 DPA.
    10% forts will probably depending on BE, increase DME by around 10%, giving you 44DPA.
    Is 4 DPA going to deter an attacker really? Not having guard stations is more likely to do the opposite, attackers will see you as a max gain target.

But that is not why they are 100% useless. They are 100% useless because even if they do deter someone from attacking you (which is very unlikely), they are not just going to give up attacking, they will attack one of your KD mates and so your forts may have saved you from a hit, but on the scale of things nothings changed; your KD has still taken the same amount of hits.

Guard stations will reduce the amount of acres taken from your KD overall.

If you are a heavy attacker (depending on personality and race) you need Rax, GS, Hospitals and TG. As a human shepherd i would make use of all 4 of these buildings.

Edit. My Human Shep war build:
    15% TG
    15% Rax
    15% GS
    15% Hospitals
    10% Armories (Or theif dens depending on your TPA)
    10% banks
    5% farms
    8% guilds
    4% towers
    3% dungeons
    Last edited by The Imp; 10-12-2011 at 21:50.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imp View Post
    Money 0
    Peasants 967
    Food 0
    Runes 2432
    Net Worth 66,000
    Land 484
    Net Worth/Acre 136

Buildings:
    Barren Land 50 10.3%
    Military Barracks 77 15.9%

Come back when you are really being chained DDodge :P
    lol Try 130 acres from 1k and then come back to me :P That was courtesy of Landro, et al.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Thankyou imp, wise words indeed although i am still not sold on having hospitals, thankyou
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Post Demon
    @ imp, dunno about the armories... Could bump rax/gs up to 20% each if u canned them!

@ Ordray, I want to war landro :)

Post Fiend
    lol Try 130 acres from 1k and then come back to me :P That was courtesy of Landro, et al.
    I wouldnt mind but we are actually winning the war... I have just become a bully victim.

Thankyou imp, wise words indeed although i am still not sold on having hospitals, thankyou
    np mate, ofc this is only my opinion and you will have yours i know :P

@ DDodge - You should, it's fun :D We lost pretty severely, but it was one of the most fun wars that I've had.

Post Demon
    11k acre difference in our favor... Wonder if he would agree to one :)

Post Fiend
    @ imp, dunno about the armories... Could bump rax/gs up to 20% each if u canned them!
    Meh i dont play human but it was based on the reasoning that human elites are expensive to train and their alternative is half as strong.... if not them i would have TD and ramp up the TPA.

I am now considering 10% Guard Stations myself. So to clarify - in the guide when it reads that GS lower resource losses it means they lower lost acres in TMs, resources in Plunder/books in Learn? And also to clarify do they or do they not lower gold coins, runes, bushels stolen in enemy Theif operations?
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

They only protect against attacks that take resources. They do nothing to protect against Raze or Massacre, and ops are not hindered by the presence of GS.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    Not sold on having Hospitals, eh? Should I send you the play by play of what happened to the monarch of the current KD we are warring...who thought running hospitals on an Undead was stupid? He didn't last long. We didn't even have to op him to soften him up. The Emerald dragon and lack of hospitals did that for us during the hits. I'll put it this way...we're ghetto...he was at around 1k...now our new recruits coming OOP are snacking on him to keep him from growing back up...with his whole 800 Zombies he has left.

Edit: Oh yeah, he was also running Forts, and no GS...just sayin'. ;)
    Last edited by Gallowmere; 11-12-2011 at 17:48.
    "I don't hate you, I'm just removing an enemy..."
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Post Fiend
    but undeads shouldnt run hospitals...

Thread Information