Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Myrmidons take control of The Stronghold

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Scottish View Post
    The easiest way to think of utopia is as if it is best example of karma. How you treat kingdoms is how you will be treated in return, do not expect people to treat you fairly or with any respect if you are going to take a cf, then break it so you can wave again.

Any "justifications" that you think you have found will be used against you in the future. Then where do you stand? Two wrongs definitely do not make a right but there are plenty of people that will happily do it anyway just to emphasise the point. The action of taking a cf then dropping it and resuming hits is a fantastic way to earn enemies. Utopia has become a very small community and a lot of kingdoms that are established have friendly kingdoms that in most cases, if looking for a war, will be happy to adapt the same rules you guys want to start making up.

Anyway..... my overall point is that you reap what you sow.

Dude, we've all accepted that we could of done that better and you still need to bring this up? Why do you feel the need to flog a dead horse, we should expect better from people who report the news. Or did you work for News of the World?

As much as people may scream and shout about it breaking community rules (after we had it confirmed it wasn't breaking the game rules like the previous screams and shouts), these rules are not written up, mistakes happen. We've admitted our part in it and you still feel the need to be a immature 'Forum Warrior' and repeat the same old BS?

As for Karma, we do NOT expect anything from anyone. This isn't an excuse for our actions, this is just stating a simple fact, we try to communicate to come to arrangments. We've now got the experiance of this issue to call upon but it wont change how we will try and communicate with other people, if that warrents bad Karma then the world is crazier than I thought. I hope the majority of players who play the game (and not the minority on here) are more mature and realise people do make mistakes and although they wont ignore that mistake, they give the chance to redeem themselves.

I prefer to think of Utopia as Darwinism, ghettos get a lot more grief than 'top' kds (well more likly to be farmed for a start) buy not all those ghettos deserve what they get in a karma world, they get it cause they aint the strongest (or part of the strongest group).

For anyone else who feels like being a nasty lil troll and repeating what so many others have said, yes we have admitted things could of been done differently and we most likly would do things differently if there was a reset button. There isn't a reset button so we can't do that, we can only show our integrety over time, comming on here and flaming us after we have been humble is just showing everyone how much of a troll you really are.
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

You have admitted. But what I really miss is a apology

Wow still alive this topic
    It's funny that Myrmidons now afraid that other kingdom code of conduct the same like their ...
    Now they refusing to CF cause afraid other kingdom accept than Break and continue Wave ...
    You guys need to learn not all kingdom dishonourable like your .... please accept that fact ...

Funny Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by nive View Post
    if you actually talked to dodge after we opped and retaled some hits it was due to you ignoring us for a while. dont try so hard to act like your actions were honourable. apparently we are both now scumbags welcome to the club.
    Its not my job to contact the monarch when I'm doing the wave. I'm not gonna say is it ok if I wave you? My actions were aggressive but in no way dishonorable. I wave, you opped and retale back. Now instead of me going away I'm gonna keep eating from your kingdom until you war us or cry uncle.

Btw opping 12 hrs after you said you were done, when you know we were rebuildng for a war now places my attention back on ya. Way to open up the hostile again. I guess the first whooping wasnt enough.

Also how do you ask fo my help with something and then op us? Does that make sense to anyone?
    Icy 4 8

Post Demon
    Boko you are twisting things and weaving a little web of denial I believe.

I would suggest you to post our entire irc convo regarding a cf in your kingdom's forum, as I did in mine. It seems like you are in such a fit of pride over this entire saga that you cant look at things objectively. I hate having to post here but why would you post on the forums if you aren't going to speak the truth. Overall its been one giant mess of threats from you, telling me how your kd is pissed and all. My kd is having fun. Fun is #1 priority. Stop letting emotions cloud your judgement as we move forward.

I will do a completely objective recap:
    You waved us and we retal some hits as well as unleash ops.
    You demanded a free wave, we declined.

After approximately 40ish hours, with the meter at 120-60 in your favor, we chatted on irc.
    (im at work but can format the numbers and copy the logs of our convo or whatever when im home)

Estimate is that you were up about 6k acres and probably a million science although coulda been a lot more science I wasnt keeping track.

We offered you a straight up cf. You declined.
    You demanded a free wave. We declined.

You have been so consumed with "teaching our ghetto a lesson" as you put it, that you overlooked the fact that you already farmed the hell out of us and have taken tons away from this conflict.

Your 2nd paragraph up there is a non-truth. We haven't hit into you for a long time now, and I pm you saying exactly this: "i have ordered all ops to stop for 12 hours. Whether you chose to do is up to you!"
    So you made hits into us, we stuck to our word, and after 12 hours began opping again.

Since you took this public, ill take THIS public.

The icy rick rollin hostile tag is a FAKE hostile. Simply them farming acres/science. We have not made a hit into you for 36 hours now and are seeking to arrange war with someone our size. We held ops for 12 hours, then did some since you were farming us. You threw a hissy fit and that's when pm's from you and your kd started showing up swearing at me. Humorous, but regardless we are certainly battered, beaten and abused.

You destroyed us. Well played. You have taken our acres, science, razed one province, and bombed our faeries/elves with massacres. And you have acted like a hardass every step of the way.

All of that is fine and we have enjoyed it and learned from it!

What is NOT fine is any sort of nonsense about my kd. Trying to make it look like you were mislead or deceived is bad form. I specifically made sure my #1 priority was honesty and straight forward news about what we want. Take my acres, take my science, but don't lie about our diplomacy. There is no excuse for it.
    Last edited by DDodge; 16-12-2011 at 16:11.

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    Midoki, I was summing up what the vast majority of people were saying in stops and starts. Whether you agree with my opinion or summary of what has been said because I report for the news on utopia is completely and utterly irrelevant. Just because I hold the position I do does not mean I have to conform with opinions that some may or may not have.

More importantly I was not trying to flog a dead horse, I was actually trying to help your situation by explaining in general terms the conduct that most kds should follow and adhere too.

Anyway, best of luck to the kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    Boko you are twisting things and weaving a little web of denial I believe.
    While I was somewhat sad that our kd declined to have Realest hit you back after he found out about your own little web of lies, I must say that the situation you've put yourself in has done a fine job at slaking my thirst for justice. Karma.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
    Wow still alive this topic
    It's funny that Myrmidons now afraid that other kingdom code of conduct the same like their ...
    Now they refusing to CF cause afraid other kingdom accept than Break and continue Wave ...
    You guys need to learn not all kingdom dishonourable like your .... please accept that fact ...

Funny Kingdom
    oh look more Indonesian trolls

Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    Its not my job to contact the monarch when I'm doing the wave. I'm not gonna say is it ok if I wave you? My actions were aggressive but in no way dishonorable. I wave, you opped and retale back. Now instead of me going away I'm gonna keep eating from your kingdom until you war us or cry uncle.

Btw opping 12 hrs after you said you were done, when you know we were rebuildng for a war now places my attention back on ya. Way to open up the hostile again. I guess the first whooping wasnt enough.

Also how do you ask fo my help with something and then op us? Does that make sense to anyone?
    Boko you seem very upset that you are part of the naughty boys club now, Santa is so not going to give us any gifts.

Common Situation:
    A Kingdom - WAVE - B Kingdom
    B Kingdom don't want WAR .. they offer CF (in Paper) ... A Kingdom Hits for a bit more ... Accept CF ... than Move on ....

Myrmidons Situation:
    A Kingdom - WAVE - Myrmidons
    Myrmidons dont want WAR ... they don't offer CF (in Paper) ... Myrmidons keep hitting back and doing ops ... A Kingdom continue WAVE
    Myrmidons keep saying they don't want WAR but no CF (in Paper) just telling A Kingdom to move on .. but keep doing ops ...

Amusing

Post Demon
    Dont make stuff up. I dont enjoy posting in these forums because of that kind of nonsense. I write out in detail what happened, you choose to post something erroneous.

No cf was offered? Talk to your monarch first. Im not taking any more time out of my work day to address inaccurate nonsense, but ill happily post our logs when im home tonight.

@ DDodge:

sir... you are a massive liar and or completely out of touch with what your KD is up to.... nice KD tag BTW.... very childish.

Quote Originally Posted by nive View Post
    oh look more Indonesian trolls

Boko you seem very upset that you are part of the naughty boys club now, Santa is so not going to give us any gifts.
    any problems with Indonesian trolls?
    I was just reading through this forum, and I felt compelled to sign up just to post in this thread.

Myrmidons, you guys should stop being defensive over what you guys did. You are defending what you did (accept and break-which is clever) as something that does not violate the rules. It doesn't, congratulations.
    However, there are rules that are better left unsaid-e.g. hitting a kingdom you just defeated after EOW cf, accepting cf just to break it, there are plenty of things you can do actually that would benefit the kingdom but isn't ethically sound. You may consider yourself intelligent and high, but you are not. I've been playing in ghettoes just to enjoy the game and have fun for over 10 years in Utopia, and I will say that your wit and behaviour is the same as children who have successfully bullied a sick kid without being found out. This is certainly dishonorable practice in playing Utopia and I hope another KD who has an upper hand against you guys would accept and break the cf and keep farming until you guys cry /forced into a losing war and put yourselves in Stronghold's shoes.

your answer would be Stronghold was totally ready. or they had the button, why press it? even an idiot knows fighting back is better than to get bullied INDEFINITELY by a douche. and it is THEIR right to announce or denounce whether they are ready or not. I trust them in knowing their condition more than their dishonorable foes.

Another thing is: a CF request shows A LACK OF INTEREST IN WAR (YES, IT SHOWS THAT!). One thing that my kd sticks for is that after our wave and message, if the target kd sends a CF (WITH OR WITHOUT A MESSAGE), we CEASE FIRE and stop attacks. You know we could've just kept attacking and farming, but do you know why we don't attack and accept the CF?
    Because we know that it may very much happen to ourselves. You reap what you sow. Believe it or not, after waving and being waved by tens of kingdoms this age, THIS SYSTEM IS WORKING. People would ethically accept our cf as a notion of disinterest in war and we would accept others' after our wave comes in. This is between ghettoes by the way. so you guys are ethically worst than ALL of the ghettoes that waved us or are our wave targets. That is quite self-explanatory. And this is only 1 age.

I saw so much trolls in the forums, but I couldn't resist the temptation of posting in this thread.

EDIT: I really wish that karma would kick you guys in the balls for messing with it.

oh and no i'm not related to stronghold, or whatever friends they might have. I just have common sense.
    Last edited by wild_turkey; 16-12-2011 at 20:15.

Seriously, leave Myrmidons be, and come and play with us instead, dont get to fat. Then we'll just walk all over you :P

Post Demon
    This is us:

Total attacks suffered: 177 (9,436 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 53 (9,352 acres)
    -- Ambush: 1 (84 acres)
    -- Raze: 52 (1,019 acres)
    -- Massacre: 25 (40,642 population)
    -- Plunder: 6
    -- Learn: 35

this is just mean of you guys but w/e:
    -1,047 - Rodimus Prime (0/57)

you hit us while we opped you and did some hits back.
    you hit us when we stopped attacking and only did ops.
    you hit us when we stopped both ops AND attacks.

i mean i would love for a more experienced player to break this down for me. i dont see alot of options for us here.
    today alone you razed us 15 times.... and we havent attacked you for 48 hours. havent done ops for 24 hours.

so yea we're just sitting here tanking hits from you. I assume eventually a larger KD will realize that you arent actually hostile with anyone and start waving you. Until then i'm at a loss for what to do. It has been fun though Boko, and you certainly are an active KD.... diplomacy isnt that fun when its so full of anger and threats, but if it works for you, then keep doing what works!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_turkey View Post
    any problems with Indonesian trolls?
    I was just reading through this forum, and I felt compelled to sign up just to post in this thread.

Myrmidons, you guys should stop being defensive over what you guys did. You are defending what you did (accept and break-which is clever) as something that does not violate the rules. It doesn't, congratulations.
    However, there are rules that are better left unsaid-e.g. hitting a kingdom you just defeated after EOW cf, accepting cf just to break it, there are plenty of things you can do actually that would benefit the kingdom but isn't ethically sound. You may consider yourself intelligent and high, but you are not. I've been playing in ghettoes just to enjoy the game and have fun for over 10 years in Utopia, and I will say that your wit and behaviour is the same as children who have successfully bullied a sick kid without being found out. This is certainly dishonorable practice in playing Utopia and I hope another KD who has an upper hand against you guys would accept and break the cf and keep farming until you guys cry /forced into a losing war and put yourselves in Stronghold's shoes.

your answer would be Stronghold was totally ready. or they had the button, why press it? even an idiot knows fighting back is better than to get bullied INDEFINITELY by a douche. and it is THEIR right to announce or denounce whether they are ready or not. I trust them in knowing their condition more than their dishonorable foes.

Another thing is: a CF request shows A LACK OF INTEREST IN WAR (YES, IT SHOWS THAT!). One thing that my kd sticks for is that after our wave and message, if the target kd sends a CF (WITH OR WITHOUT A MESSAGE), we CEASE FIRE and stop attacks. You know we could've just kept attacking and farming, but do you know why we don't attack and accept the CF?
    Because we know that it may very much happen to ourselves. You reap what you sow. Believe it or not, after waving and being waved by tens of kingdoms this age, THIS SYSTEM IS WORKING. People would ethically accept our cf as a notion of disinterest in war and we would accept others' after our wave comes in. This is between ghettoes by the way. so you guys are ethically worst than ALL of the ghettoes that waved us or are our wave targets. That is quite self-explanatory. And this is only 1 age.

I saw so much trolls in the forums, but I couldn't resist the temptation of posting in this thread.

EDIT: I really wish that karma would kick you guys in the balls for messing with it.

oh and no i'm not related to stronghold, or whatever friends they might have. I just have common sense.
    Are you an Indonesian troll as well? Can't believe I read your stupid post, you have terrible reading comprehension and you clearly have no idea what is going on. Reread the whole thread again, we already admitted our mistake and explained ourselves a while ago.

Thread Information